[Not Clickbait] Jagex's Vision For PVP. What do you think??

Kim

Redesigning Wilderness bosses. We’re not happy with the quality of Wilderness bosses such as Callisto, Vet’ion and Venenatis. We’d like to give them actual mechanics and relocate them to suitable areas.

• Wilderness Clans features. With the release of the Clans system we’ll explore whether there are any features we could implement to incentivise clan versus clan gameplay.
  • Wilderness expansion. We know there are various parts of the map that players would like to see expanded, like the Desert, but we’re also very keen on expanding the Wilderness and increasing the amount of content offered.

^ if all of the above happens i will be happy. getting rid of vetion from dwarves (legit the only p2p fight location above 30 wild thats not at gdz) would be great. More wildy areas, hopefully less single lines, like pre-eoc. clan cloaks also thank.

if none of these things happen i say we declare war on jagex. idk wat we do but we go to war because fuk it thats all we know

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Redesigning Wilderness bosses. We’re not happy with the quality of Wilderness bosses such as Callisto, Vet’ion and Venenatis. We’d like to give them actual mechanics and relocate them to suitable areas.

• Wilderness Clans features. With the release of the Clans system we’ll explore whether there are any features we could implement to incentivise clan versus clan gameplay.
  • Wilderness expansion. We know there are various parts of the map that players would like to see expanded, like the Desert, but we’re also very keen on expanding the Wilderness and increasing the amount of content offered.

^ if all of the above happens i will be happy. getting rid of vetion from dwarves (legit the only p2p fight location above 30 wild thats not at gdz) would be great. More wildy areas, hopefully less single lines, like pre-eoc. clan cloaks also thank.

if none of these things happen i say we declare war on jagex. idk wat we do but we go to war because fuk it thats all we know

I like the idea of declaring war on Jagex in general lmao

46 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Since were at it, cheers for the pro-bono work you and the sb rankteam have put into this community over the years. Both during periods of being active and inactive, ive enjoyed browsing the forum.

I appreciate that. :) 

41 minutes ago, H88 said:

lmao i tried discussing this patch in the official jagex discord.

a pmod replied "source?" to me saying "the majority of new pkers who aren't returning vets, are funneled in from youtubers" deleted all my messages then banned me

i guess jagex is waiting for a wall street journal or fox news article before they fix pvp! definitely can't be listening to the community, or people who spend thousands of hours a year talking to new pkers!

The player mod banned you? seems like power abuse 

47 minutes ago, Kim said:

The player mod banned you? seems like power abuse 

from the jagex discord not ingame. yeah good thing this game's only customer support is "being followed by a jmod" or "getting upvoted to the top of reddit"

4 hours ago, Kim said:

I may be retired now. But, I still want to acknowledge the consistent interaction the three of you have displayed over the years with these topics. 

Jagex hasnt done a single thing over the years regarding pvp, Im just being realistic.

The reality is, Runescape has been around for nearly 20 years, and the developers still don't understand the most unique and driving aspect of their game. It is almost like they forget that EOC killed RS3.

Things jagex have always failed to realize;

1. The ability to build an account with specific stats, and try and gain an advantage over the opposition is not unique to runescape. But the grind required to build those accounts is. Your PVPers are also your skillers and pvmers. They build numberous types of accounts for different niches, often investing even more time and resources than ironmemes or 200mers. Yet somehow they keep getting treated like they play a different game.
  2. Pkers build communities that form the heart of the game. You may not be a member of the big ones, you may be in a smaller community, you may just follow the drama... but chances are you are in a clan of one sort or another if you are a pvper. The competition between these groups fuels the game itself. If there is no competition, between these groups (or the building of friendships in the groups), people will eventually get bored of clicking on npc or rocks. Very few players have never heard of ROT, or have some knowledge about pvp memes. This alone keeps the game compelling and interesting. 
  3. When you lose the pvpers, you lose the pvmers. Nobody cares about your 200m RC xp to begin with.. but they especially dont care about it if they dont even play the game. Hitting an achievement means nothing if there is nobody else to appreciate it. 
  4. If you give pvpers the tools to enjoy the game, they will inherently "make their own fun". They will build groups and opposing groups, they will invent new tactics or strategies to give them the edge. Often, small tweeks to specific aspects of the game can completely change PVP. An area like the wilderness bosses or revs single-handedly changed the way the game was played. Foster their ability to function as teams (team lists, fix the cc issues as mentioned above) and fostering competition (deadman mode being an example) are very simple and easy ways of enabling pkers to continue to keep the game interesting. 
  5. The risk of losing items and the reward of gaining items in the most dangerous place in the game in irreplaceable. The wilderness should be the highest risk and the most rewarding area in the game. 
  6. (The more worlds you add the harder it is for clans and singles pkers to find each other btw, I know this is hard to believe)
  7. Level the playing field, any real multi clanner knows that the current platforms that exist are insanely strong. They highlight piles, they give freeze timers, they highlight enemy callers, they filter ground items. If you go into multi pvp on the vanilla client (like i did for the first 2k kills of my career after returning) you are actually at a huge disadvantage. You may not realize it yet, but you arn't even playing the same game. Jagex however lacks the capacity, understanding or desire or fix their own platform or control the ones in use. 

10 hours ago, Moni said:

Removing pvp worlds basically kills any form of nhing besides main and max tanks at 44s

wests/easts cant be revived due to insane acc builds to focus those pures and zerks even at 10-13 wild

pj timer is autistic and kills single teams

not re-adjusting the new staff by now is absurd

yep we're fucked

19 hours ago, NL_Ronald said:

bringing soul wars back would be fun, obv going to need some changes

im all for bringing cw back into the wildy with also this feature 

567f4916d8b0c39438310b15f05649c4.png

That does indeed look interesting, a small feature, but yeh.

At first I'm actually down for less Wilderness worlds since we don't have such a big pvp community anymore... BUT I think there will be less small teams because of this. Which then again might be a good team since they'd join excisting bigger teams/merge and bigger fights would occur... Then again, are bigger fights that much fun? 😛 Many many questions for each scene etc...

There's many other better options which would be beneficial for the pvp scene, some of which they mentioned so yeah I hope they prioritize the right ones... But I don't have my hopes up anymore since ... yeah, no offence, Jagex and their history so far.

Was kind of dissapointed with the pvp statistics and in how much % it means for them.