Re: Using fear to keep members in line

puppyslush

40 minutes ago, Murd said:

Along with rot you should probably add rage, foe, sup, fi, zenith, kg to the list of clans/communities that have been involved in nh actions against leaks or people in other clans. 

And just to add, using a scapegoat of attacking "your high horse" to deflect discourse of the greater issue at hand just enables it to continue!!! 

Everyone also knows the pure scene is on par with the main scene in toxicity. People need to stop being so toxic/nh and in this community, there shouldn't be such a gray line of what is accepted. If staff say irl related stuff is bad, it should be bad and we shouldn't see people leaking irl information via flamewars on a near daily basis.

How nice of you to avoid putting your own clan's name in there even though Apex's discord has IRL faces in their emoji list.

Not a fan of doxxing, but I think it's ironic to see certain clans claiming the high road when everyone knows that these practices/tactics are widespread throughout the community.

It's going to take a concerted effort from the community to change for things like doxxing/ddosing to stop and frankly, I don't think the community is up to it. It would need to start at the top with leaders across clans to put aside differences and make decisions for the good of the community, something that has proven impossible time and time again.

I think a member of any clan in 2020 (or honestly anyone playing online games in 2020) should be wary of what IRL information they share with others. Be smart about what/how much you share because you don't know what hands it's going to fall into. Furthermore, if you know you've shared sensitive information in the past, maybe think twice about leaking for some quick gp. Again - not condoning doxxing, just telling it as it is.

34 minutes ago, Something Clever said:

Not a fan of doxxing, but I think it's ironic to see certain clans claiming the high road when everyone knows that these practices/tactics are widespread throughout the community.

It's going to take a concerted effort from the community to change for things like doxxing/ddosing to stop and frankly, I don't think the community is up to it. It would need to start at the top with leaders across clans to put aside differences and make decisions for the good of the community, something that has proven impossible time and time again.

I think a member of any clan in 2020 (or honestly anyone playing online games in 2020) should be wary of what IRL information they share with others. Be smart about what/how much you share because you don't know what hands it's going to fall into. Furthermore, if you know you've shared sensitive information in the past, maybe think twice about leaking for some quick gp. Again - not condoning doxxing, just telling it as it is.

We are very well aware of that. Infact I wouldn't be surprised the clan behind the video leaking purporting the so called doxing/ddosing is equally guilty of such acts. Lets hope we can backstop this before it gets worse however

LMAO fucking losers get a grip sitting here in your mid 20s threatening people over the internet by leaking irl stuff while being starved from content in their own besides all the ass sweat their fucking chairs have accumulated throughout the years fucking hell

On 5/25/2020 at 10:29 PM, puppyslush said:

How nice of you to avoid putting your own clan's name in there even though Apex's discord has IRL faces in their emoji list.

L0l I haven't even looked at apex emojis myself. You are avoiding, I was explaining the most frequent clans involved in irl related discourse. I've also mentioned that all clans or 95% of clans are involved in that kind if behaviour, ergo including Apex.

Also just to reaffirm my point, right now fo are talking about jizzles cleft lip in discord which, according to eevee, is against the rules! And chances are, rage probably talked about fo irls earlier.

Edit: just to add, that apex comment has little weight when I can simply say sharkbrew have staff who have doxed people (irrelevant to the current sitiation)

On 5/28/2020 at 5:08 AM, Murd said:

L0l I haven't even looked at apex emojis myself. You are avoiding, I was explaining the most frequent clans involved in irl related discourse. I've also mentioned that all clans or 95% of clans are involved in that kind if behaviour, ergo including Apex.

Also just to reaffirm my point, right now fo are talking about jizzles cleft lip in discord which, according to eevee, is against the rules! And chances are, rage probably talked about fo irls earlier.

Edit: just to add, that apex comment has little weight when I can simply say sharkbrew have staff who have doxed people (irrelevant to the current sitiation)

Again your statement changes nothing as we already warn for such comments, esp those pertaining to IRL doxes. But what does flaming in discord have to do with this?

In the current line up? I daresay there is no-one in the team that have doxed people

13 hours ago, puppyslush said:

Again your statement changes nothing as we already warn for such comments, esp those pertaining to IRL doxes. But what does flaming in discord have to do with this?

In the current line up? I daresay there is no-one in the team that have doxed people

If you consider people using eachothers real life information in flame wars as just flaming in discord, then that shows the current stance on dox-related information being released.

Are sharkbrew going to continue cherry picking what is and isnt allowed or will there be an actual blanketing of irl info being used in flame wars/baits in order to keep the glorious citizens of the community safe online? A

Also, if legacy ranks talking about doxing a leak is bad imagine how you'd feel seeing clan leadership ranks spamming people's irl name ingame at a rag war and posting it in their own public discord channel..

• 6 months later...