Re: Increasing number of irl threats/dox threats

puppyslush

The staff team has noticed an increasing, and worrying trend of individuals and clans threatening to dox or threatening the real life of players. DOXXing is a criminal offense in many countries and, it has resulted in real life implications where DOXXers have gone to jail

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/serial-hacker-doxxer-and-swatter-sentenced-to-two-years-in-prison/

or even innocent lives were ended as a result of mistaken identities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Wichita_swatting

Whilst our community thrives on its competitiveness, I urge all clan ranks and community members to advise and remind their fellow team member that we should keep all shittalking in-game related. Not only these activities cast a dark shadow on our scene, which deters new players from coming in, actual lives can be ruined as a result.

--------------------------------------

If you are a victim of doxxing, document all electronic logs, save them and report them to the police. Due to the cooperation of ISPs and law enforcement, it is nearly impossible to stay anonymous anymore

Ok start with zenith members adding my family on Facebook, spamming the company I work for in game, sending me pictures of bodies covered in blood to my instagram first.

Also, the zenith ranks ddosing ly members to this day..  people legit had to change providers.

10 minutes ago, Grey Wolf said:

Ok start with zenith members adding my family on Facebook, spamming the company I work for in game, sending me pictures of bodies covered in blood to my instagram first.

Also, the zenith ranks ddosing ly members to this day..  people legit had to change providers.

Message me proof on discord within the next 24 hours and I wil I’ll boot those individuals ASAP.

This was in your discord today btw

vfvbfv.PNG

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

why don't you just permanently ban said individuals?

We do. The problem is that this behavior has become endemic to the community as a whole. When someone steps out of line and behaves in a manner such as this, others feel it appropriate to take matters into their own hands and lash out in retaliation, which creates a pretty substantial domino effect.

I have 10 pages of logs of users we’ve banned from Sharkbrew for this behavior. 10 PAGES. That’s 15 users per page. I’ve been ratcheting down pressure to get people to stop, and it still doesn’t deter anyone which means the issue is greater than “just permanently ban these people.” We do, and it still persists. 

Everyone involved on SharkBrew or in the community as a whole needs to ask themselves what they want this scene to look like, and you cannot act hypocritical whilst doing so. If you’re going to complain about this pervasive and toxic behavior, you better make sure you’re holding your own people to the same standard. That’s how we fix this, by everyone pitching in and holding each other accountable, and not let these people continue to participate in our clans.

I can only do so much to ban these people, the rest is up to you guys to set the bar higher and not recruit anyone with a history of aggressive and threatening behavior. If no one will let them participate, they go away and our community will benefit from it.

2 hours ago, Grey Wolf said:

cry

this is runescape? I don't think gouvernment will give one fuck about ddossing, it's just easy as it is.. just buying one for 5 euro, and then these nerds think their cool 😂

Ow yeah they will land in court m8 for a 5min dox yep yep
and tell me what proof have you got.. If the doxxer doesn't say it himself?

Let us say I have an audio recording, of someone who openly admit of doxxing me? I have his irl name, his american adress,
how will you proceed ? @slushpuppy

swatting is totally different then doxxing so explain to me how you would go to work :)

4 hours ago, Grey Wolf said:

Got any proof?

I've never seen or heard anyone say shit about you other than calling you a retard 😂