Replacing the COTM system with the RAW system?

Sandra

RAW system  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see the RAW system implemented instead of the current COTM system (see topic content for more information)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe [explain in the comments]
  2. 2. When should a potential RAW list reset?

• After one month
    • After two months
    • After three months
  3. 3. What kind of reward system would you like for a potential RAW system per reset (i.e. what would make your clan participate)?

• [1 month option A]: #1 gets 70m + a signature + an advertisement banner on the forums for 30 days + special discord rank for members + custom icon/badge for members on the forums
    • [1 month option B]: #1 gets 35m (and everything else mentioned in choise 1); #2 gets 20m; #3 gets 15m
    • [2 months option A]: #1 gets 150m + a signature + an advertisement banner on the forums for 60 days + special discord rank for members + custom icon/badge for members on the forums
    • [2 months option B]: #1 gets 75m (and everything else mentioned in choise 3); #2 gets 45m: #3 gets 30m
    • [3 months option A]: #1 gets 200m + a signature + an advertisement banner on the forums for 90 days + special discord rank for members + custom icon/badge for members on the forums;
    • [3 months option B]: #1 gets 100m (and everything else mentioned in choise 5); #2 gets 60m; #3 gets 40m
    • Other reward [write it down in the comments based on the amounts of months you selected]

Dear Pure Community,

Back in the old days of pure clanning there used to be a Ranks by Warring (RAW) list that was used to promote wilderness fullouts (in this case it could be used for 40 vs 40 CW preps). The way it worked was simple:

1. All clans were placed on a numbered list for F2P, and a seperate one for P2P (#1 to #X depending on the amount of clans);
  2. Clans on the list could only declare on the clan right above them;
  3. If you beat the clan above you, your clan took their spot on the ranking list (rules were put in place to make sure you could not re-declare for X-amount of days);
  4. If a declaration was still ignored after X-amount of days, the clan that declared would take the spot of the clan that they declared upon;
  5. The list did not reset after X-amount of days, but I propose a reset if implemented (see poll).

Besides two lists for CW (F2P and P2P), a seperate RAW list could be created for midweeks based on points.

Some questions:

• Would you, as a member or rank of a clan, like to see the RAW system replace the current COTM system to promote competitive preps (see the poll)?
  • If so, what kind of reward would you like to see, and when should the list reset (see the poll)?
  • What should be the minimum amount of opts for planned fights? I personally would set it at 40 vs 40 max or matched below it.
  • What fixed day(s) and times should be used for fights?
  • Would you like a seperate RAW list for midweeks?

Feel free to discuss this idea further in the comments. Ranks are encouraged to chat with@slushpuppyand each other regarding such a potential system.

Have a great day and stay safe!

tried suggesting it to slush, he seemed uninterested. basically gotta accept that the shitty system will remain. this is what we used in 2017 (most competitive year since 2011) when we did the 1-5 def movement, i piggybacked it off of IVP's top clan topic (now deleted) - could perhaps tweak it but these days i honestly don't care about this community.

301fc0dd7f374bc3b3e763ab19379251.png.b37808135fbd2b58eb553a323ec6a63f.png

2 minutes ago, Deserie said:

This would be a nice change, as the current system allows clans to choose who they prep for points. They are able to openly avoid good competition with no penalty. The RAW system would force weak avoider clans to prep said competition if they expect to win anything.

agre

5 minutes ago, Brock Lesnar said:

No, go back to pretending you don't play runescape anymore weirdo.

Raw list is a failed system that's why it keeps dieing. @puppyslushCOTM system is much better fairer and gets clans constant action which encourages midweeks/. Thanks Slush.

I have no clue why you hate me. I don't play runescape. 

The RAW system hasn't even been implemented since the old forums closed as far as I know, so why do you say it keeps dying? I agree with you that the COTM system encourages midweeks, which is a good thing. Losing midweek activity would be bad. Perhaps a midweek list/system could be implemented besides the RAW list. 

15 minutes ago, Broxxx said:

I'll prep who I want when I want, If you think clans are going to adhere to this system you're not in touch with this community in the slightest. 

You are free to do so. Same goes for midweeks (for which a seperate system/list could be implemented). Under the RAW system it would just mean you'd get no rewards, and you wouldn't be able to claim #1 CW clan in F2P and/or P2P. I know the community isn't in the greatest shape, but that doesn't mean people should stop trying to improve it.

7 minutes ago, Sandra said:

You are free to do so. Same goes for midweeks (for which a seperate system/list could be implemented). Under the RAW system it would just mean you'd get no rewards, and you wouldn't be able to claim #1 CW clan in F2P and/or P2P. I know the community isn't in the greatest shape, but that doesn't mean people should stop trying to improve it.

We can't even get clans to prep for COTM deciders at times, this would be no different and would only be a headache for all involved.

It would be great to have a system like that back. Cotm has been pretty average at best, removed and replaced countless times due to its faults and also seems to reward clans starving eachother. Eg; nobody really p2p preps apex due to fear of loss, etc etc. Makes it quite simple and less risk to just prep average clans, farm wins etc.

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

tried suggesting it to slush, he seemed uninterested. basically gotta accept that the shitty system will remain. this is what we used in 2017 (most competitive year since 2011) when we did the 1-5 def movement, i piggybacked it off of IVP's top clan topic (now deleted) - could perhaps tweak it but these days i honestly don't care about this community.

301fc0dd7f374bc3b3e763ab19379251.png.b37808135fbd2b58eb553a323ec6a63f.png

This would be nice