COTM/WCOTM/RSBL updates for 2021 & COTM tiebreaker changes

puppyslush

image.png

RSBL Trial Delay

Sorry for the delay as I had IRL work to deal with. I am targeting RSBL launch for the month of december.

image.png.ab7ab4c7561553a918030e438a07d64b.png

Seasonal Awards 2021

Many thanks to FI Fear`Alex and Jamz for helping with the sig.

As you may noticed, the new COTM/WCOTM sigs have seasonal emblems on them, this design is a facade to our goal of adding a competitive seasonal aspect to the monthly award.

The seasons would be pegged towards the northern hemisphere as vast majority of our players live in that region.

image.png.2e62fbe1a9f1880aa3d4817c4bf9a485.png

Key changes:

1. COTM/WCOTM/RSBL league table will be simplified to show the immediate rankings of clans wthin that season
  2. Forums will contain a seasonal ranking table of the top 5 clans

Towards the end of the reason, top 5 clans would then compete in a round robin tournament for a seasonal award and prize money.

I'll be releasing more information in the coming weeks regarding this seasonal awards alongside forum/website updates

DzFixGs.png

COTM Tiebreaker Proposal

To encourage more clans to take up p2p as the tiebreaker fight type, we would like to offer the change of only allowing oldschool weapons to be used for the tiebreaker fight type; i.e. toxic/surge/nms staff are banned. What do you guys think?

4 hours ago, puppyslush said:

COTM Tiebreaker Proposal

To encourage more clans to take up p2p as the tiebreaker fight type, we would like to offer the change of only allowing oldschool weapons to be used for the tiebreaker fight type; i.e. toxic/surge/nms staff are banned. What do you guys think?

love it

On 11/15/2020 at 7:52 AM, puppyslush said:

COTM Tiebreaker Proposal

I'm not sure how oldschool weapon rules would encourage more clans to pick p2p. I can't think of a situation where a clan thinks they could beat another clan in p2p with oldschool rules, but not max gear. Also as far as I know venom and nightmare staffs are already banned. I wouldn't mind banning fire surge in "normal" preps as well.

• 4 weeks later...