xLPC 2021 - Come Jan 9th

Datassd0e

Our goal for the new xlpc scene for 2021 is the revival of the scene without the interference of sharkbrew mods. Instead we look forward to working with the leaderships of clans in order to recreate a new and successful wave of xlpc clans for 2021. Our goal is to kickstart the scene in January so that we can give time for the leadership of other clans to get a solid memberbase together. Rather than rushing clans to push for a sudden deadline, we have decided to take it slow so that clan leaders can ease into this new scene without the the feeling of urgency. Goodluck to all participants.

We also understand that some of the teams from earlier this year are attempting to revamp the scene for late November. Due to the voter turnout in our community discord, our team has determined their approach in order to revamp the scene to be unsustainable. Why? because a majority of the community agrees that starting a scene with 65-69cb prodded accounts is too competitive for new blood to enter the scene, along with the annoyance of training a maxed f2p pure. 

0b6adff0d03716c4d7c662fecf355423.png

The goal of xlpc is to provide a easier way to generate newer clans into the Hpc scene.

Our goal is to provide a platform that makes it easier for new blood to not only enter the scene, but also we hope to acquire new leaderships that can gain knowledge through experience where they can eventually work their way up.

The current "xlpc" teams fail to recognize that focusing on maxed f2p prayer builds is not going to be sustainable enough for new blood to enter the scene because a majority of new recruits will be noobs who come from p2p due to the fact that the f2p aspect of the game is basically dead. Our team has determined that revamping the scene on 40s-50s and focusing less on meta will make a more sustainable option for new coming clans. 

If you are interested in being apart of this movement, or are interested in starting a new clan, feel free to shoot me a pm on discord or sharkbrew.

- Rajah#8171

4 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

unfortunately without the removal of the 150 total lvl cap for friends chat and with the revival of w308 f2p, xlpc is going nowhere. you may as well just tell any new recruit to go straight to lpc clanning

150 total is literally nothing, we're not recruiting level 3s. Triple 50s is 27 combat.

18 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

so where are u planning to get these lvl 50s?

Literally anywhere in the game. Pc/sand crabs/rock crabs/edgeville/pvp etc. It’s also not uncommon to find 40s still pking at edge in 308. But I also stated in my post that a majority of new blood would come from p2p anyways since f2p is dead for the most part. We will recruit the same way hpc’s do, 150 total doesn't make it any different.

With Covid at an all time high, might not be a bad time to try Xlpc again. There's definitely interest in the scene with multiple ex Xlpc leaders in the discord. LPC clans should also consider restarting combats soon, I know that some clans are definitely tired of max mains hitting them. Also the clan system should be released around the same time hopefully. Just sucks too see that someone is doing Sharkbrew's job again.

2 hours ago, Rosters said:

With Covid at an all time high, might not be a bad time to try Xlpc again. There's definitely interest in the scene with multiple ex Xlpc leaders in the discord. LPC clans should also consider restarting combats soon, I know that some clans are definitely tired of max mains hitting them. Also the clan system should be released around the same time hopefully. Just sucks too see that someone is doing Sharkbrew's job again.

Agreed, someone's gotta do it ;) 

21 hours ago, Datassd0e said:

Literally anywhere in the game. Pc/sand crabs/rock crabs/edgeville/pvp etc. It’s also not uncommon to find 40s still pking at edge in 308. But I also stated in my post that a majority of new blood would come from p2p anyways since f2p is dead for the most part. We will recruit the same way hpc’s do, 150 total doesn't make it any different.

I have doubts w308 has that many pures you speak of, also if you are catching pures at sandcrabs or p2p hotspots.. you are effectively cannibalizing the existing recruitment pool used by existing lpc clans, therefore actually contradicting your key goals of helping lpcs.

However all these pale in comparison as to the biggest hole in process of trying to kick start xlpc in this era == how are you going to convince clan leaders to keep combat lvls below 60 when fights are no longer being held in sub 15 wildy?

1 hour ago, puppyslush said:

I have doubts w308 has that many pures you speak of, also if you are catching pures at sandcrabs or p2p hotspots.. you are effectively cannibalizing the existing recruitment pool used by existing lpc clans, therefore actually contradicting your key goals of helping lpcs.

However all these pale in comparison as to the biggest hole in process of trying to kick start xlpc in this era == how are you going to convince clan leaders to keep combat lvls below 60 when fights are no longer being held in sub 15 wildy?

I wouldn’t consider it canibalizing if we’re recruiting at a lower bracket. Our scene gives newcomers more incentive to stay cause it’s a less competitive scene that focuses less on meta and more on action.

I think the problem with your question is your comparison between xlpc and hpc. Hpc’s fight passed 15 wildly cause a majority of their members have been trained on returning. With xlpc’s having a larger influx of newcomers, I don’t see many xlpc’s fighting above 15 wildly until they solidify their cores. I don’t expect the scene to stay below 60, I expect clans to start at a relatively low cb and move up together. Clans are willing to go as high as whatever their competitors are willing to go and with voting polls, our community can do a fairly good job at retaining those combat brackets. Our set cb cap will be based on the cb cap intended for preps, the cb cap for preps will be set by the community and updated accordingly based on majority votes. 

4 minutes ago, Datassd0e said:

I wouldn’t consider it canibalizing if we’re recruiting at a lower bracket. Our scene gives newcomers more incentive to stay cause it’s a less competitive scene that focuses less on meta and more on action.

I think the problem with your question is your comparison between xlpc and hpc. Hpc’s fight passed 15 wildly cause a majority of their members have been trained on returning. With xlpc’s having a larger influx of newcomers, I don’t see many xlpc’s fighting above 15 wildly until they solidify their cores. I don’t expect the scene to stay below 60, I expect clans to start at a relatively low cb and move up together. Clans are willing to go as high as whatever their competitors are willing to go and with voting polls, our community can do a fairly good job at retaining those combat brackets. Our set cb cap will be based on the cb cap intended for preps, the cb cap for preps will be set by the community and updated accordingly based on majority votes. 

prior to u coming along- lpcs like Z, with great success, were already pulling lvl 50s from sandcrabs as so called applicants to KIV once they trained up.. and mind you training up an acc from lvl 50 to high 60s only takes a week. There isn't much differentiation for them to join an XLPC now vs an LPC.. then what? ask them to restart their accounts once they get too high?

considering even prior iterations of xlpcs where there was an active w308 community... keeping to cb lvls is extremely hard. It does appear that you don't have any tools to counter a rogue xlpc bringing lvl 70s or a faltering lpc inviting themselves to xlpc community to commit xlpc genocide. unfortunately naive optimism is.. wistful thinking at best. either way good luck

13 hours ago, puppyslush said:

prior to u coming along- lpcs like Z, with great success, were already pulling lvl 50s from sandcrabs as so called applicants to KIV once they trained up.. and mind you training up an acc from lvl 50 to high 60s only takes a week. There isn't much differentiation for them to join an XLPC now vs an LPC.. then what? ask them to restart their accounts once they get too high?

considering even prior iterations of xlpcs where there was an active w308 community... keeping to cb lvls is extremely hard. It does appear that you don't have any tools to counter a rogue xlpc bringing lvl 70s or a faltering lpc inviting themselves to xlpc community to commit xlpc genocide. unfortunately naive optimism is.. wistful thinking at best. either way good luck

There's a lot of differentiation between joining a xlpc and hpc. And making newcomers train their accounts gives them less incentive to stay in the scene, especially since it's so competitive. Yes, Zenith had some success, but if you're suggesting that 50s-60s being recruited into the hpc scene is more sustainable than recruiting them to a less competitive scene that gives them more incentive to stay, you're misconstrued.

Rogue xlpc's bringing 70s or hpc's that attempt to undermine the scene will have little to no success. We intend to keep our brackets small and if fighting sub 10~ wildy means keeping higher brackets out, then that's what we'll do to keep them out.