Brewcup 2020

slushpuppy

10 hours ago, Murd said:

Would be pretty weird for clans to avoid this tbh, should be fun for everyone!

If your clan doesn’t sign up for this tournament then what the fuck are you doing in that clan.. that’s what I’d say to anyone who’s ranks decide not to opt in to this tournament 

Full round robin - Everyone has to fight everyone
Clans earn 1 point for every round won or forfeited by their opponents
Clan with highest number of points wins the tournament

another incompetent dogshit tournament by sharkbrew where people can possible have 0 set losses and still lose.

every tournament is just another disappointment, fix up after that last shitshow u guys had @slushpuppy

stop rewarding round wins, no one cares.

make it bo5 but make it SET WIN = POINT

do you think you get points for dealing a set amount of damage to a player b4 he kills you? lol.

13 hours ago, nawe said:

do you think you get points for dealing a set amount of damage to a player b4 he kills you? lol.

Except that previous tournament clearly showed that the other team were much better at winning sets(3-0s) vs the other clans who won all of their sets but bled a round each time. If you need to lose a round to beat your opponent the next 2.. are you really that good? it only became an issue because a few vocal members starting spinning the narrative inspite of knowing full well the rules of that tournament

This is why even IRL sports leagues include goal difference in ranking calculations because simply winning a set doesn't fully describe the magnitude of teams' performances

10 hours ago, puppyslush said:

Except that previous tournament clearly showed that the other team were much better at winning sets(3-0s) vs the other clans who won all of their sets but bled a round each time. If you need to lose a round to beat your opponent the next 2.. are you really that good? it only became an issue because a few vocal members starting spinning the narrative inspite of knowing full well the rules of that tournament

This is why even IRL sports leagues include goal difference in ranking calculations because simply winning a set doesn't fully describe the magnitude of teams' performances

Damn slush puppy put those mini war nerds in their place

16 hours ago, puppyslush said:

yes this ALMOST makes sense EXCEPT that you are ignoring a very important factor.

runescape is an RNG game.

you cannot compare runescape to sports

An NBA team is gnna destroy some pissrandoms in the streets 10/10 times

in runescape, you can play the absolute best but still not win because of rng.

4 hours ago, nawe said:

yes this ALMOST makes sense EXCEPT that you are ignoring a very important factor.

cry is free pussy

4 hours ago, nawe said:

You are not entirely wrong, however clans like Apex has done great work to eliminate a number of the variables and allowing them to execute some of the finest clan wars work we seen recently

36 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

You are not entirely wrong, however clans like Apex has done great work to eliminate a number of the variables and allowing them to execute some of the finest clan wars work we seen recently

that doesnt excuse a horrible system lol. 

the 15-20 big mini tourney we had before had apex already LOST before they even finished the set to foe in the finals due to dropping 1 round to a 2 diff clans (they won all sets previously)

Fatality went 9-0 and lost because of this system.

I like that one your mods came to me for advice because how you guys are allowed to make 'competitive' events with such an uncompetitive system is beyond me.

You can never completely eliminate RNG, you can reduce it yes. but rng is still rng.

Just now, nawe said:

the 15-20 big mini tourney we had before had apex already LOST before they even finished the set to foe in the finals due to dropping 1 round to a 2 diff clans (they won all sets previously)

Fatality went 9-0 and lost because of this system.

I like that one your mods came to me for advice because how you guys are allowed to make 'competitive' events with such an uncompetitive system is beyond me.

You can never completely eliminate RNG, you can reduce it yes. but rng is still rng.

for lower opts, rng has a slight magnified effect yes, but this is a 40v40 tournament. Calling, movement, and morale has a far greater impact than RNG.. and all these doesn't discount the fact that like i said earlier.. clans who been practicing cwa with their unit over and over are way more consistent than those who haven't- that's why mini units exist because they can disproportionately affect the round

2 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

for lower opts, rng has a slight magnified effect yes, but this is a 40v40 tournament. Calling, movement, and morale has a far greater impact than RNG.. and all these doesn't discount the fact that like i said earlier.. clans who been practicing cwa with their unit over and over are way more consistent than those who haven't- that's why mini units exist because they can disproportionately affect the round

Yes so why was this system ever in place for low opt events?

15v15 tourney, 5-10 tourney

54 minutes ago, nawe said:

Yes so why was this system ever in place for low opt events?

15v15 tourney, 5-10 tourney

experimental program ngl, either way the point still stands.. esp with recent increase with def lvls... rng has a far lesser impact. Look at competitive 5v5s+ that were highly successful with RSBL and mini war tournaments held internally by apex.

Also frankly RNG is pointless to debate on without any measure to quantify it. I can only go by what clans are already doing which by far.. appears that having a solid unit does push the  odd to winning to the better clan

4 hours ago, puppyslush said:

experimental program ngl, either way the point still stands.. esp with recent increase with def lvls... rng has a far lesser impact. Look at competitive 5v5s+ that were highly successful with RSBL and mini war tournaments held internally by apex.

Also frankly RNG is pointless to debate on without any measure to quantify it. I can only go by what clans are already doing which by far.. appears that having a solid unit does push the  odd to winning to the better clan

RSBL is a different game completely.

and EVERYONE has complained about this 'experimental' system for forever now, lol.

we complained when the big mini tourney was happening AND when the small opt tourney was happening but your mods are lacking the hands to change a topic.

im glad you guys are improving now tho.

and rng is not pointless to debate on when you have to play 5 rounds x amount of teams there are. if you ain't dropped a single round due to rng in 30-40 rounds consider yourself VERY lucky.

Knockout has an insane win to loss ratio, but we don't count rounds, everyone knows you can lose a round randomly to rng, but the better team will take the SET and that's whats important.

25 minutes ago, nawe said:

and rng is not pointless to debate on when you have to play 5 rounds x amount of teams there are. if you ain't dropped a single round due to rng in 30-40 rounds consider yourself VERY lucky.

Knockout has an insane win to loss ratio, but we don't count rounds, everyone knows you can lose a round randomly to rng, but the better team will take the SET and that's whats important.

it is pointless because you haven't quite defined the parameters in which rng can suddenly flip a round. As far as I can see, it has always been because someone cocked up which ultimately goes back to my og point about consistency

2 hours ago, puppyslush said:

it is pointless because you haven't quite defined the parameters in which rng can suddenly flip a round. As far as I can see, it has always been because someone cocked up which ultimately goes back to my og point about consistency

if i splash on someone 3 times in a row and he manages to scim my teammates which goes from 121hp to 0 in .1 from 3 ppl

is that not rng?

18 hours ago, nawe said:

if i splash on someone 3 times in a row and he manages to scim my teammates which goes from 121hp to 0 in .1 from 3 ppl

is that not rng?

Actually in that event... 1 def should negate much of the RNG since freezes would almost always hit :s. How often does this happen lol

On 12/31/2020 at 9:21 AM, puppyslush said:

Actually in that event... 1 def should negate much of the RNG since freezes would almost always hit :s. How often does this happen lol

it happends alot..?

freeze isn't even 50% on 1 def.

its hard for me to explain this to someone that doesn't do pure clanwars.

15 hours ago, nawe said:

it happends alot..?

freeze isn't even 50% on 1 def.

its hard for me to explain this to someone that doesn't do pure clanwars.

@OverseerMoni ^^ verify the above pls

On 12/31/2020 at 4:33 PM, wuu2 said:

@puppyslushHow can we encourage more participation? It appears only three clans have signed up.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:57 AM, Broxxx said:

Probably by lowering the min to 30

Lets just give it 1 more week till most of the clan ranks have returned from holidays

4 hours ago, puppyslush said:

@OverseerMoni ^^ verify the above pls

Lets just give it 1 more week till most of the clan ranks have returned from holidays

Sounds good, but you should pm these ranks of other clans.  I suspect theyll complain about not having adequate amount of preparation or some other bs excuse