Jcup/Jagex clan wars event

puppyslush

3 hours ago, puppyslush said:

throw down what fucked up shit happened from 13-16

1. disputes over world/rules default to set format. defaults are world 333 (UK), map turrets, one round knock out.
  2. memberlists are to be presented ahead of time but the rsn does not have to be valid, meaning invites were still able to be brought in so long as they name changed before the event (why fatality "won" in 2014, despite having just as many invites as foe)
  3. memberlist lock was not abided by at all in 2016, probably due to jagex being sick of dealing with the pure community for 4 years in a row.
  4. this is more down to how poorly slapped together 2013 was, but literally anyone/everyone was invited into the 2013 jagex cup which is why MM's video was half-pure half-main.

as long as we have a means of contacting jagex for this shit it should be ok but in the past the only contact we had with jagex was mod alfrd who didn't care much for the pure community after sv doxed him lmao

25 minutes ago, Godfather said:

1. disputes over world/rules default to set format. defaults are world 333 (UK), map turrets, one round knock out.
  2. memberlists are to be presented ahead of time but the rsn does not have to be valid, meaning invites were still able to be brought in so long as they name changed before the event (why fatality "won" in 2014, despite having just as many invites as foe)
  3. memberlist lock was not abided by at all in 2016, probably due to jagex being sick of dealing with the pure community for 4 years in a row.
  4. this is more down to how poorly slapped together 2013 was, but literally anyone/everyone was invited into the 2013 jagex cup which is why MM's video was half-pure half-main.

as long as we have a means of contacting jagex for this shit it should be ok but in the past the only contact we had with jagex was mod alfrd who didn't care much for the pure community after sv doxed him lmao

LMFAO

28 minutes ago, Godfather said:

i remember the memberlist issue but didn't care/know of the specifics... isn't it something really simple to do where u just simply dq rounds if there were invites. the whole thing sounds convoluted as fuck

Just now, puppyslush said:

i remember the memberlist issue but didn't care/know of the specifics... isn't it something really simple to do where u just simply dq rounds if there were invites. the whole thing sounds convoluted as fuck

only one round so yes, any invites = full DQ but there's also no way to prove invites when you can mass register sharkbrew911, sharkbrew045, sharkbrew442(etc) names and have another clans members name change into them.

if i were to make a suggestion to them for this problem it'd be to wait until a few months after the release of the clan system and ml lock based on a period of time in that clan.

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

if i were to make a suggestion to them for this problem it'd be to wait until a few months after the release of the clan system and ml lock based on a period of time in that clan.

that's our intention eventually, our idea is to demonstrate to jagex that the clanning community has some mass and they should take us seriously

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

alternative suggestion: multiple opt brackets, such as 50v50, 75v75, 100v100. could cut down on the "need" of some clans to invite.

that's definitely on the cards, we want to push the idea of multi category jcups like what we do here in our own community events incl xlpc

7 hours ago, puppyslush said:

would u prefer a dif format?

throw down what fucked up shit happened from 13-16

>2013 mm brought tons of mains in

>idk rest

ye probs 50v50 and 100v100 setups f2p and p2p bo3 each.

Designated days for all fights to happen (2-3hrs of B2B2B2)

12 hours ago, Colin said:

Nice to see you're still around John, looked you up the other day

This actually might make me want to play again. Maybe a few clans work together to pull the 100 opts 

Its been awhile for sure. Now I just run a small casual 75+ combat Pures/Med/Zerk/Main PK/PVM clan I think thats what youd call it Ive got like 5 accounts haha. R/WildPirates on reddit.
that and I play league of legends when I dont feel like the game has gone to shit (Which it really has gone more Chinese mobile gamed :crying:)

had to retire IRL and then I was like ya the Casual Claning should work no stress PK/PVM at ones leisure kinda thing.

• 2 weeks later...