Mains Within the Pure Community

Kim

Pures  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Are mains in the pure scene a problem for the community?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the scene should be reset back to the original LPC scene? (1 def pures)

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Do you think that the pure scene will die in late 2021 - Early 2022?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/21 at 04:23 PM

54 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

I don't foresee the pure scene dying any time soon, it seems like Jagex is taking clans more seriously with the coming clan updates. I'm expecting more activity in the pure scene once the updates happen.

That being said, the pure scene will die/reset eventually if we don't get the mains under control. 

Its a good point to make that clanning system will come out at some point this year or the next. But, I am not sure if it'll be easy to recruit once entirely new people see how main invested the scene is. There hasn't been a new clan to open in months within the "LPC" scene. The more activity may be in another bracket of clanning. 

Clans should also just stop avoiding fights against other clans in clan wars.

People seem to care so much about their internet ego they would rather use all of their energy to create manipulated POV's/topics by the usage of mains and editting bad parts out than to actually fight clean from both sides and have fun.

Literally nobody cares about rivalry topics apart from your own clan. It's the same exaggeration and manipulation every other topic filled up with a bunch of LOOOOOL spam's.

If people are able to drop their ego's in CWA it will eventually flow over to the wilderness because once people realise the rest of the community doesn't care wether you and your clan take a L or a W, people won't feel the need to manipulate POV's with mains 

7 minutes ago, Stl Arrow said:

Mains will always be a problem in the pure community. Another problem is 25def pures allows higher combat accounts to attack them. If no changes are made the pure scene will just become pure clans showing up with meds/pures every weekend.

A problem that has been brought up by people who may not want move down. The idea of main clans or even fellow pure clans create 88cb tanks if they moved down. 

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

A problem that has been brought up by people who may not want move down. The idea of main clans or even fellow pure clans create 88cb tanks if they moved down. 

I think this fear is overblown. There will be some 88 combat tanks but it's much easier for 1 def pures to kill 88 combat tanks than it is for 107 pures to kill 126's. Most people already have max combat mains so they can always use them on weekends. Sure your tryhard nerds will create new tanks and bond them but your average member isn't going to maintain bonds on their pure, main, and 88 combat tank.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think this fear is overblown. There will be some 88 combat tanks but it's much easier for 1 def pures to kill 88 combat tanks than it is for 107 pures to kill 126's. Most people already have max combat mains so they can always use them on weekends. Sure your tryhard nerds will create new tanks and bond them but your average member isn't going to maintain bonds on their pure, main, and 88 combat tank.

I think this point of view should be expressed more often so the scene can shift away from the current problem. Thanks for your input

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Its been a constant cycle over the years where clans used that excuse. The only disappointing part, whenever clans weren't doing so well, they were able to fight clans of their quality. It seems now that option may not be available or the fear of losing is far too great due to implications of what it can do to a core. 

i think Kim is close to the reality here:

the meta of cwa is too high with a small 'lower bracket' - which isn't competetive or active enough

to be able to prep u need 200m+ of gear AND maxed 25def 100+cb

maybe the issues are interconnected... who knows

9 hours ago, puppyslush said:

the unpleasant truth is that when foe had to fight off rot at the beginning of i think... 19? or was it 20? FOE rivals basically helped rot destroy foe. color me surprised when rot eventually turned on those same clans demanding that they bend to rot''s hand. meanwhile rot rivals like rev/af aren't just gunna sit there and watch rot run from the main scene and feed off their allies.. rot had already frigging done that to CT before, so obv rev/af are going to interdict with rot's operation in the pure scene

shoutout to clan for actually having the guts to tell rot to piss off(even initially) instead of simply bending over barebacked

Ngl the other irritant from back in 19/20 was the fact that certain pure clan ranks would be pming rot about 'anti rot' members in their rival's clans just to get them to camp them. That really started integrating main clans into the pure scene

10 minutes ago, Victory said:

the meta of cwa is too high with a small 'lower bracket' - which isn't competetive or active enough

Sadly when the scene reset happened in 2017 it went very well as 1 def 52 prayer until the sweaty lads wanted to bring 25 def 107s until cwa, eventually making clans accept it again. Now cwa is pretty dead

3 hours ago, Dizzy said:

People seem to care so much about their internet ego they would rather use all of their energy to create manipulated POV's/topics by the usage of mains and editting bad parts out than to actually fight clean from both sides and have fun.

Literally nobody cares about rivalry topics apart from your own clan. It's the same exaggeration and manipulation every other topic filled up with a bunch of LOOOOOL spam's.

If people are able to drop their ego's in CWA it will eventually flow over to the wilderness because once people realise the rest of the community doesn't care wether you and your clan take a L or a W, people won't feel the need to manipulate POV's with mains 

2 hours ago, Victory said:

Yeah, you can use the example from when we had HPC/MPC. Supremacy and other clans were able to do private preps against the MPCs for practice. Or even before we still had some the original lpc clans opened, they were do a lot of repeated preps back to back. I think we had about 6-8 preps with ZU in a month and both clans didn't care for the win or loss. But, this was able to happen because we were on the same level. 

36 minutes ago, AARON said:

really enjoying the amount of people in this thread with their head in the sand on the current state of things; gotta win the forum topic always

Feel free to provide your own insight seeing your history, it would most likely be a good take as a lot of this current pure community are newcomers in comparison to you. 

4 hours ago, Dizzy said:

5 hours ago, Kim said:

Its been a constant cycle over the years where clans used that excuse. The only disappointing part, whenever clans weren't doing so well, they were able to fight clans of their quality. It seems now that option may not be available or the fear of losing is far too great due to implications of what it can do to a core. 

Although, another tier of clanning within our bracket may be avoiding for the reason you have stated. I could probably say 3-4 clans are struggling due to the reasoning I have used. This cycle won't get any better especially with leaderships not having the best communication with each other.  People who usually falsify their topics are people who have the same fears of what it can do to their core in the long run.

No "fan forum" or defence "reset" will fix this issue, only jagex can with some sort of restricted defence world but it isn't gonna happen. 

Doesn't matter who started what no pure alliance will last long enough to do anything, the best thing you can do is weed ya leaks out and just dip when you see mains win or lose. 

I haven't played seriously since ~2017 or 2018, but I would like to comment that I believe one of the simplest solutions is having the toxic rivalries come to an agreement/halt. (Like do you guys really care about a clans video game appearance/reputation as adults most likely over the ages of 25 at this point?) It comes down to the facts of having a game to play, or playing it miserably. 

When I was younger pures were designed to beat the shit out of mains and gang up on them. I really would have loved to see when FO got targeted by ROT that the entire community would have joint together and just fought ROT back. Yeah we would probably lose but, the insane amount of action that brings and the ability to tell one of the most dominant main clans to fuck off would have been awesome.