Mains Within the Pure Community

Kim

Pures  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Are mains in the pure scene a problem for the community?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the scene should be reset back to the original LPC scene? (1 def pures)

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Do you think that the pure scene will die in late 2021 - Early 2022?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/21 at 04:23 PM

3 hours ago, Togo said:

no fucking way you guys are talking about reverting back to 1defence LMFAO. U guys literally did this shit when EoP was untouched/undefeated at 35def thinking it would change anything. Accept shit for how it is or keep crying either way clans that adapt live those who dont keep cry

💪 

On 4/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, Kim said:

Sounding a lot like the eop of 2021 lol. The topic is about if the mains themselves are killing the community.

difference is it was eop vs every clan in the community these other imposters/cosplayers do it just to compete in 1v1s 🤣

10 hours ago, Togo said:

difference is it was eop vs every clan in the community these other imposters/cosplayers do it just to compete in 1v1s 🤣

Murd said it best. A walmart version of eop. Lot of these guys try really hard to impose themselves with that attitude but its not as natural. 

14 hours ago, Satans said:

If you try to reset 1 def the scene will die, people aren't making new accounts once again

Rs is already a dying game

Lot of these clans have access to bots if they want to reset the scene. We all said the same thing back when we reset the scene the first time. But, we were forced to as we had no more good action and FI/someone else decided to move down. it would've left us to all closing if we didn't follow.  I don't think, the game is dying due to the clan system coming out some time this year or the next. It will help us with the influx members interested but that is all dependent on how we treat the scene. 

20 hours ago, Moun said:

Remember it was all clans vs eop, lmfao. 

dont cry shit clans, adapt or die. 

eOP didn't have main clans coming into the scene and negotiations between all pure clans. eOP is only a good example to make for this topic in terms of dominance of how they coped with being starved & bias. But the topic itself has multiple perspectives for different clans. It was simpler back then in comparison to now. 

On 4/24/2021 at 7:32 PM, Togo said:

no fucking way you guys are talking about reverting back to 1defence LMFAO. U guys literally did this shit when EoP was untouched/undefeated at 35def thinking it would change anything. Accept shit for how it is or keep crying either way clans that adapt live those who dont keep cry

wasnt eop closed at the time that everyone moved down? Accepting shit for what it is, it almost let the scene die out twice lol 

22 minutes ago, Kim said:

eOP didn't have main clans coming into the scene and negotiations between all pure clans. eOP is only a good example to make for this topic in terms of dominance of how they coped with being starved & bias. But the topic itself has multiple perspectives for different clans. It was simpler back then in comparison to now. 

only solution for the pure community is 1 def worlds. 

if jagex would do that, they will get some air untill rev decides to create 50 pures or more

You gotta accept the fact that nothing will change. The leadership in most clans are ego trippers that only care about winning and they dont care how they do it. Going back to 1 def won't change a thing.
Only thing that could change it, is jagex, and that aint happening.

17 hours ago, Kim said:

yall really have no idea how much EOP was a bulwark against the main scene. we were fighting off AF/VR/sv(main)/others on top of pure clans at one point. it's why most of us laugh at the poser clans (FO especially) who tried to mimic what we were, because unlike them we didn't get a choice in this - it was adapt or die and even then it almost didn't work. a lot of the image and propaganda me/murd/rebel and before us, solo k1ng spat out was the only thing that kept the retireds showing up which kept the clan from closure.

In a lot of ways, the morons running the clan in 2018 were no different to the posers in FO - they took our image and didn't have the skillset to make it work.

0xIHaVR.png

17 hours ago, Kim said:

wasnt eop closed at the time that everyone moved down? Accepting shit for what it is, it almost let the scene die out twice lol 

no we came down to 1def, it was CP who didn't bother coming down to 1def. jamz was leader of 1def version.

22 minutes ago, Godfather said:

yall really have no idea how much EOP was a bulwark against the main scene. we were fighting off AF/VR/sv(main)/others on top of pure clans at one point. it's why most of us laugh at the poser clans (FO especially) who tried to mimic what we were, because unlike them we didn't get a choice in this - it was adapt or die and even then it almost didn't work. a lot of the image and propaganda me/murd/rebel and before us, solo k1ng spat out was the only thing that kept the retireds showing up which kept the clan from closure.

In a lot of ways, the morons running the clan in 2018 were no different to the posers in FO - they took our image and didn't have the skillset to make it work.

0xIHaVR.png

no we came down to 1def, it was CP who didn't bother coming down to 1def. jamz was leader of 1def version.

What year was AF/VR on you guys? Oh whoops on the portion of eop not coming down 💀

Nothing new, same cycle has killed countless MMORPG PVP communities before this one as it did with the two I participated in before I came to runescape clanning. And those communities were bigger + older than runescape's ever was at its peak. Immature leaders willing to take any momentary advantage at any cost. Honest clanners getting run out by nh/doxx and cancerous community. devs who hate pvp and only update the game to help it die. etc.

My advice as a truly oldschool pvp clanner (if you started on runescape you're not) is just let it die and enjoy the memories honestly nothing's fixing it. The only people with the power to change anything (clan leaders, jagex) don't care to.

Only solution is if Jagex stepped in and introduced 1 defence worlds. Even then people in this community will still find a way to rag (breaking combat caps/1 item rags/ bot scripts), but it will be way better than having to deal with mains. There's no way you can just wait for all the toxic people to leave either since most of them have been here since pre-eoc and got nothing else going for them.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:54 AM, Kim said:

Eop was still thriving then, sadly eop was actually one of the driving factors for the move down. Most clans were in open communication with eachother to starve and coordinate against us and we were just doing whatever to kill them. The 1 def movement actually went well and brought more life to the scene, especially since eop dropped the mains when the reset came (they only came back for sv). 

My main concern about a 1 def reset is that it may not be likely for the walmart eop cosplayers to do the same in a scene reset and drop the mains. There's a strong dependency on them now.

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

2014 first run in with main clans. 2016/early 2017 also.

Good times when fi were piggybacking af for our rivalries

1 hour ago, Murd said:

Eop was still thriving then, sadly eop was actually one of the driving factors for the move down. Most clans were in open communication with eachother to starve and coordinate against us and we were just doing whatever to kill them. The 1 def movement actually went well and brought more life to the scene, especially since eop dropped the mains when the reset came (they only came back for sv). 

Yeah, I had a brain fart. I had got closer with some of the eop guys around the 1 def era lmaoo. Yeah, that was a weird time where they came down. 

1 hour ago, Murd said:

My main concern about a 1 def reset is that it may not be likely for the walmart eop cosplayers to do the same in a scene reset and drop the mains. There's a strong dependency on them now.

Yeah, I don't know what to say about this at all. Its a terrible position to be in.  As you may have read within the posts, they were saying that their usage of mains to fight off other mains against them.  While as other clans(only about two) that the mains are used against them. 

1 hour ago, Murd said:

Good times when fi were piggybacking af for our rivalries

Ohh, I don't recall much from early 2017 due to school. It does make sense with FI & their relations with each other.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:04 AM, Satans said:

If you try to reset 1 def the scene will die, people aren't making new accounts once again

Rs is already a dying game

"rs is dying" is a never-ending trend and as a matter of fact, it was only half a year ago multiple clans were pulling 100+ consistently and also did P2P cwa. people have been playing this game for 10-15 years, what makes you think forcing people into botting/afking/paying a venny to nmz on a new account would make them quit the game? lol

My opinion from what I've seen over the years is the game itself is trash and people regularly lose interest. Leaders struggle to keep members motivated, so create rivalries to 'hype' their members up. This gives them a reason to show up (because just showing up to PK some noobs for loot isn't as fun as it used to be, right?) but these clan leaders need to then deliver or fear looking 'weak'. (I know this isn't anything new and has been going on forever, we did it back in Epidemic in 08, DP in 09 and NME in 2012 and clans were doing this way before us!)

I, personally, stopped finding wildy fights fun when Jagex removed the hopping timer as everyone could instantly hop. I felt this changed the dynamic of pure fights and made any fight above circa 50 vs 50+ a long drawn out return fight, typically lasting 2-3 hours. When a clan was low on opts, they would pull to a return spot and try to out-survive their opponents until they grew in numbers and then the opposing clan would do the same. It meant that if you were down by 10 or 15 at the start, it didn't really matter as even if your members were shit and dying at a ratio of 20:1, you could just outlast your opponent if you just kept returning. It became a boring tedious cycle of who had the most capes on a cape counter, that happened in both servers every single weekend.

When you've got clans in a rivalry, who are unable to objectively clear each other fairly (or unfairly), they will do all they can to 'outdo' each other and demonstrate to the 'pure world' and their members that they are the clan that is progressing (or at least not regressing). They turn to utilizing alliances with other pure & main clans (and yes, I acknowledge this isn't a new thing and clans have done this forever) but when both clans have the alliances, that then escalates into botting up armies of 'tank accounts.' When both clans in a rivalry do that, it then escalates even further into hiring 'mercenaries' from Venezula, just to get those capes up in the corner. Everything spirals out of control and you end up in the situation we've got now... where nobody cares about the game anymore and the little enjoyment the people who do play stems from this rivalry 'hype.' 

Perhaps the long overdue clanning update that Jagex plan to introduce will do something again for clanning but I doubt it. Or, the community will find a magical savior who will open a clan and create a clan that succeeds with a completely different model, than finds alternative ways to motivate members in game than the multiple remakes/rehashed clans we have nowadays... but again, I doubt it.

As a final side note, I also kinda find it funny how the primary community site/hub for the pure community nowadays, also actively encourages mains to post too. If ever there was a symbol that the two clanning communities are entwinned, it's that - even if it doesn't gain traction from the 'top' main clans.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:54 AM, Kim said:

nope this was the prep tht made fo go from 35 def (zerk clan) back down to 1 def

EoP was the last clan standing