Current State of The Pure Community(P.2)

Kim

Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?

• The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I prefer the armor options ranging from Steel to Mithril. I also prefer the P2P meta of clan-wars.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: The main situation won't change even if we move down.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I wouldn't have enough time to train up a new pure.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: The involvement of mains would decrease.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: Better recruitment opportunities and the scene's pulls would increase.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: I prefer the 1-5 def meta as oppose to the current meta.
    • The only REAL solution is 1-5 def worlds. Else, nothing else will work.
    • I am okay with whatever happens.
  2. 2. Why do you think mains are a problem within the scene?

• It interrupts action or starves it with certain clans.
    • The main/med clans coming down to the scene are the primary problem.
    • It has became apart of the norm of the community to use mains. (All clan bring mains.)
    • Certain pure clans weaponize mains whenever they are losing within a fight.
    • It has been harder to recruit and retain members due to the current state of the scene.
  3. 3. Why do you think the scene will die in 2021- Early 2022? Or, why do you think it will survive after Early 2022?

• The scene will DIE because: It is no longer fun.
    • The scene will DIE because: Clan pulls are dropping.
    • The scene will DIE because: No active incentive for people to join pure clans currently.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: This is normal for the pure scene to fluctuate.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Jagex seems to finally taken interest in making a clanning system.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Clans will never die due to their egos.

1 hour ago, Tabligh said:

And to go back to what I said, when you are leading a clan and promote your members to be toxic & do all this rag/main crap, even go as far to tell them to log on med accounts you’re promoting it to a point where the community is just killing themselves within, it has nothing to do with defence cap’d worlds or reverting the scene, it does nothing if there’s no change from the leaders, everybody wants to complain about how the scene will die out but nobody wants to talk about shaming the leaders for allowing it to get to get this far over and over. 

why would jagex even care about pvp updates for clanning if all there is to show is toxic crap in game, no wonder why the rest of the community is against pvp updates. We are so quick to complain about the problems & voice our opinions but there’s never any action to better the community, resetting won’t change anything imo. 

OSRS is the only MMORPG i could think of where every single alternative build is shunned and alienated by the general community. Want updates for your pure/zerker? "Heh sry u choose 2 limit urself :^)" say the general community composed of the 1500 total shitstains. In addition to disapproving other builds, the majority of the community spits on the idea of the wilderness and pking with the most commonly agreed upon idea being "ur a dick if u kill me while im doing my clue/slayer/pvm". Honestly, I cant blame them when the only exposure to pvp related content the average player experiences is likely "le spade xD" on reddit and torvesta/framed videos.

With the majority of the players in your game being completely against your small niche community and jagex doing nothing to promote other builds or pking since the clan cups. Tell me how in the fuck else do you think how else do you think the PVP community is gonna act after years of the same shit? They're gonna start acting out, rebelling and overall stop giving a shit and do their own thing. It's fucking pathetic that runescape pk clans are something completely community driven without a single ounce of care in the world by Jagex. 

The PVP community as a whole is what it is because of how we've been treated for years, ignored by Jagex and shit on by everyone else.

15 minutes ago, Aoki said:

OSRS is the only MMORPG i could think of where every single alternative build is shunned and alienated by the general community. Want updates for your pure/zerker? "Heh sry u choose 2 limit urself :^)" say the general community composed of the 1500 total shitstains. In addition to disapproving other builds, the majority of the community spits on the idea of the wilderness and pking with the most commonly agreed upon idea being "ur a dick if u kill me while im doing my clue/slayer/pvm". Honestly, I cant blame them when the only exposure to pvp related content the average player experiences is likely "le spade xD" on reddit and torvesta/framed videos.

With the majority of the players in your game being completely against your small niche community and jagex doing nothing to promote other builds or pking since the clan cups. Tell me how in the fuck else do you think how else do you think the PVP community is gonna act after years of the same shit? They're gonna start acting out, rebelling and overall stop giving a shit and do their own thing. It's fucking pathetic that runescape pk clans are something completely community driven without a single ounce of care in the world by Jagex. 

The PVP community as a whole is what it is because of how we've been treated for years, ignored by Jagex and shit on by everyone else.

Well said 

3 minutes ago, Aoki said:

Yeah point fingers at jagex for the blame, makes total sense. Because jagex encouraged rag & bringing mains to pure fights, hats off to u man, completely negate the fact that toxicity in leadership doesn’t have an effect in any way to how clanning is now. 

So with jagex not giving pvp updates it should lead to clans doxing/ragging/bringing mains/ poor leadership decisions, it’s their fault that leaders promote all of this? 

look at the image people have seen from the clanning community especially ROT, from allegations of doxing/ddos, why wouldn’t people be against pvp updates lol. 

This is just my opinion, you are right in some aspects of course but I truly believe it starts from the leadership first. 

Just now, Tabligh said:

Yeah point fingers at jagex for the blame, makes total sense. Because jagex encouraged rag & bringing mains to pure fights, hats off to u man, completely negate the fact that toxicity in leadership doesn’t have an effect in any way to how clanning is now. 

So with jagex not giving pvp updates it should lead to clans doxing/ragging/bringing mains/ poor leadership decisions, it’s their fault that leaders promote all of this? 

look at the image people have seen from the clanning community especially ROT, from allegations of doxing/ddos, why wouldn’t people be against pvp updates lol. 

This is just my opinion, you are right in some aspects of course but I truly believe it starts from the leadership first. 

( update ) just using ROT as a reference, when pvmers hear about clanning instantly they think of ROT because that’s the image of toxicity that has been widespread by YouTube exposing videos & even jagex mentioning them from that one incident, if the scene was more welcoming instead of just being known for toxic crap we would all be in a better place 

The only REAL solution is 1-5 def worlds. Else, nothing else will work. Its the sad truth. We did not learn from our mistakes in the past. This cycle will continue. Going back to 1 def won't help.
It's kind of in Jagex hands and we all know, defence cap worlds will never be a thing in osrs. It has been suggested since what 2014?

i think if people want things to get better without jagex intervention (which won't ever happen) they need to discuss rebalancing CWA, as it's something that nobody bothered to do when all of the new garbage came out in 2018. in the past whenever wildy got messy with mains clans would treat wilderness trips as secondary and put all of their focus on CWA during the week, hence why the quality difference of 2015-2017 was substantially better than todays.

1 hour ago, humanbear said:

I am one, and they're not demands, they are ways out for the clans that are complaining. All the other clans aren't complaining and enjoy clean action.
I've said it before, our members dont give a fuck and wont off those clans and I'm trying to give them a way out.

Something you'll notice if you were active is that Terror, Fatality, Legacy, OG, BP, Hydra, SF, Venom and obviously Rage aren't crying about mains. Its the 4 clans I mentioned, and all of them besides Sup (afaik) have allied with rot to try and take Rage down (and failed obviously).
Even before main clan were in the scene, those 4 clans wouldnt prep anyone. Yet they wonder why the scene is dying?

Yes you can keep crying about mains, how about you take responsibility for those consequences. We got told to kick members and told rot to go fuck themselves, accepting whatever would follow. 
You get asked for preps for months when there weren't mains, always declined, and you still do. Now accept the consequences

You're being the problem because you act like a toddler when you don't get what you want. And toddlers never get what they want, it makes them grow up.

2 hours ago, humanbear said:

I am one, and they're not demands, they are ways out for the clans that are complaining. All the other clans aren't complaining and enjoy clean action.
I've said it before, our members dont give a fuck and wont off those clans and I'm trying to give them a way out.

In terms of getting them to prep you guys, the best thing I could suggest is to talk to Pillow or Jimmy. I do recall Supremacy giving Rage an event before I retired in August. But, the best language that can be used with any one who may not dislike Rage is try to come to common ground. Not "we will off you with main for exchange of a prep." At least, that's how it came off to me and why I said it was a demand. It also doesn't help that keefn who was a big part of the beef at some point laughed at my comment earlier(not sure if he has any say now since idk anything about rage leadership atm.) 

In terms of clanning starvation beforehand, I agree with you. In my opinion, it goes back to people not being to compete with clans of their same tier. It is a lot more to lose. Its also as Moun said, if they risk it, they may be able to win and get much more hype for their clan. I believe another person on my previous topic mentioned, it doesn't help that clans will flame after a loss. 

Every clan brings mains. It's just the meta now and it will probably never change. 

Accept it for what it is and move on or get left in the dust. Jagex isn't going to put in def capped worlds. Tweet them and they'll tell you thats what cwa is for

5 hours ago, EOP said:

It's all leadership decisions that led the scene this way. 

Teaming with a main clan, to gain extra opts and stomp your rivalry has become a go-to key right now. Meanwhile back, leaders would battle it out in the wild or cwa. 

Clans are also too scared to take a loss, and get flamed at discord or Sharkbrew. This is why Cwa is dying, for example. Rage and Foe have been in a rivalry for 2 years? Danny refuses to give them any action. Meanwhile, IF you win you gain a huge confidence boost and members will give more. 

As for the mains, neither Revenant or Rot will leave the scene. The only way is one of them closes one another,  at this rate Rot pulls 30-40 maximum, they are in a huge slump and led by Dull and Oty. One of them is a Di- reject, and Dull is known to close his clans, the only reason EOP closed is because he wanted to join his dream clan Rot. Eop still pulled 75+ in 2018.

Revenant can pull 80 no prep, and are unbreakable i witnessed it many times on video tape. If, Revenant manages to close Rot i think they will leave the scene and go back main again, and fight Af or other clans. Also there is a reason Rot is accepting all pure rejects, in their clan.  they are desperate.

Literally this

Wish clans weren’t so gay but it is.... 25 year olds who have nothing better in life than sitting on osrs all day will do this.

simple solution would be 1-5 worlds

likely solution is nothing 

Seems like there is a collision between the main and pure scene. Can easily also use the word "Collusion" instead here. This was inevitable due to the fact that certain crash wars/beef in both scenes have dragged on for way too long - leaders were forced to find ways to gain the upper hand. This led to pures being recruited to main clans and mains crashing pures.

Other than normalizing and embracing this issue the only other solution is Jagex stepping in and releasing low defence worlds. Which I highly doubt will happen.

Clans will not "reset" to 1 def because if others don't follow then they have a severe disadvantage its pretty much an "adapt or die"  situation with pure clans. The problem is we can say that 1-5 def worlds will help solve some problems which is true but the reality is that it's never going to happen. More of a chance of a "reset" than that happening. I would personally rather see pure leaders coming together to try and push a "reset" and only fight clans willing to do that. Clans have too much pride nowadays and don't want to "lose" so will fight clans who turn up with mains/meds.. Id say if that happens just dip and move on to the next fight with a clan who will use 1 def.

Of course its probably not going to happen but that's my 2 cents.

10 hours ago, barcode leader said:

every clan seems to be thriving but zenith/foe/apex/sup (take a guess who they sided with)

dont support doxer clans and you wont have an issue

with regards to moving bracket - we are prepared with 200+ of each account build and are eagerly waiting to use them.

Stop crying about Jagex not doing something for pures. Def restricted worlds will never come to the game. Never. If you think Jagex will add 1 def worlds so that 200 out of their 100 000 players get to fight each other without anyone interrupting them ur actually clueless. First of all, that would never pass a poll. Second, what is your argument against not having ironman only worlds, 45 def worlds, combat level capped worlds, and whatever you might think of. Btw There are alot more ironmen wanting iron only worlds than there are pures.

And just to make you people understand how stupid of an idea 1 def worlds are, I'm gonna promise you clans will take control of all wildy bosses and places where you can make money at, basically creating the same problem that was the reason multi revs got removed.

Biggest problem right now is that most clans don't want to have events because they rather have no events and say that "the scene is dead" instead of possibly losing events. That way they don't have to take responsibility of their own clan's activity and succes. Meanwhile other clans are doing 30v30 preps. Maybe it's just some clans that are dead, not the scene 🤔