Current State of The Pure Community(P.2)

Kim

Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?

• The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I prefer the armor options ranging from Steel to Mithril. I also prefer the P2P meta of clan-wars.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: The main situation won't change even if we move down.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I wouldn't have enough time to train up a new pure.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: The involvement of mains would decrease.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: Better recruitment opportunities and the scene's pulls would increase.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: I prefer the 1-5 def meta as oppose to the current meta.
    • The only REAL solution is 1-5 def worlds. Else, nothing else will work.
    • I am okay with whatever happens.
  2. 2. Why do you think mains are a problem within the scene?

• It interrupts action or starves it with certain clans.
    • The main/med clans coming down to the scene are the primary problem.
    • It has became apart of the norm of the community to use mains. (All clan bring mains.)
    • Certain pure clans weaponize mains whenever they are losing within a fight.
    • It has been harder to recruit and retain members due to the current state of the scene.
  3. 3. Why do you think the scene will die in 2021- Early 2022? Or, why do you think it will survive after Early 2022?

• The scene will DIE because: It is no longer fun.
    • The scene will DIE because: Clan pulls are dropping.
    • The scene will DIE because: No active incentive for people to join pure clans currently.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: This is normal for the pure scene to fluctuate.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Jagex seems to finally taken interest in making a clanning system.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Clans will never die due to their egos.

15 hours ago, Aoki said:

OSRS is the only MMORPG i could think of where every single alternative build is shunned and alienated by the general community. Want updates for your pure/zerker? "Heh sry u choose 2 limit urself :^)" say the general community composed of the 1500 total shitstains. In addition to disapproving other builds, the majority of the community spits on the idea of the wilderness and pking with the most commonly agreed upon idea being "ur a dick if u kill me while im doing my clue/slayer/pvm". Honestly, I cant blame them when the only exposure to pvp related content the average player experiences is likely "le spade xD" on reddit and torvesta/framed videos.

With the majority of the players in your game being completely against your small niche community and jagex doing nothing to promote other builds or pking since the clan cups. Tell me how in the fuck else do you think how else do you think the PVP community is gonna act after years of the same shit? They're gonna start acting out, rebelling and overall stop giving a shit and do their own thing. It's fucking pathetic that runescape pk clans are something completely community driven without a single ounce of care in the world by Jagex. 

The PVP community as a whole is what it is because of how we've been treated for years, ignored by Jagex and shit on by everyone else.

Wise words!. Jagex neglecting the PVP scene is the root of the problem, stupid leadership decisions is just aftermath

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

Clans will not "reset" to 1 def because if others don't follow then they have a severe disadvantage its pretty much an "adapt or die"  situation with pure clans. The problem is we can say that 1-5 def worlds will help solve some problems which is true but the reality is that it's never going to happen. More of a chance of a "reset" than that happening. I would personally rather see pure leaders coming together to try and push a "reset" and only fight clans willing to do that. Clans have too much pride nowadays and don't want to "lose" so will fight clans who turn up with mains/meds.. Id say if that happens just dip and move on to the next fight with a clan who will use 1 def.

Of course its probably not going to happen but that's my 2 cents.

Agree. Of course things would be better if we had defense capped worlds but Jagex won't provide those unless the entire pure community comes together and asks for it (which is probably why Kim is doing these polls). The pure community is already small (though I think a large enough portion of the playerbase with Jagex trying to launch a new clans system) so if we are divided on what we want then we won't get anything. The best chance of us getting defense capped worlds is for the entire scene to be at that 1-4 or 1-25 def range rather than crashing each other with tanks and mains. A reset to 1-4 def would probably need to happen before Jagex would make a move on their end and for a reset to happen enough clan leaders would need to mutually agree to push for it.

18 hours ago, Lil Pappy said:

The scene might have better opportunities for recruitment/activity if it re-sets to one defense, but ultimately the main clans involved are not going to off and that has been shown by Zenith/Rev already. They'll just make tank accounts in the level 80s bracket. I don't believe it will ultimately change anything for that reason.

All the clans that brought the mains upon themselves (Zenith, Sup, Foe, Apex) are the ones struggling (sub 30 pulls) while Fatality, Terror, Legacy, Rage etc duke it out every weekend main free with 40+ people

Here is an image from your(Terror) April 25th aftermath:

https://i.imgur.com/bdisGJ2.png

Here is an image from Fatality's April 25th aftermath:

https://i.imgur.com/OQlpeO0.png

Here is an image from Supremacy's April 25th aftermath:

https://i.imgur.com/l63OYGU.png

Every single clan is struggling to pull. Every single clan is still bringing mains. Every single clan still has the ego to preach about clean pure-vs-pure action while secretly, or even openly, bringing mains. The scene is dead. It's time to accept it and move on. Clans will never, ever reset back to 1-5 defense. Clans will never, ever stop bringing mains. It will never, ever end. It will go in the very same depressing cycle that it's always gone in because the very same people are still in charge of the very same clans. Nothing will change without major changes within the clan's ranks themselves. It all starts from the top down - not the other way around, and because of the massive egos coming from the current ranks it simply will never happen. They'll do everything in their power to hold on to their ranks even if it meant dragging their clan through the mud and shit and even into it's eventual grave.

@Kimmiss you bbygrl. xo 🥰

Reset to 1 def and make 1 def worlds. No acceptions. If you fail your pure now adays with all these plug-ins and knowledge of the game you are a reject. Don’t allow anything more or the def cap will slightly keep raising.

This alone forces main clans to either make pure accounts or fuck off. And if they make pures to rag too then bam we have a bigger community. But they can also still be gay and one item so theres that. Rip. A solution to getting rid of raggers would to make wilderness a 100k+ Risk buy in to enter similar to rev caves.

For the past few years clans have been avoiding CWA with each other and still are convinced that they are in a rivalry. Lulza. Apex and fo avoid then have an agreement just to both go spastic. Sup and terror finally are about to fight (wildy gear) sup rushes with mains. Its all cringe. Just fight, if you get heart broken then ignore community threads and just speak to other leadership 1 on 1 for fights.

It would also be great to start a system where a clan can declare a rivalry with another clan. And they have 6 months to rival and we make it a point system and whoever gets the most points (fighting eachother) wins the rivalry at the end of the six months. Just an idea. Forcing clans to win or lose.

17 hours ago, Aoki said:

With the majority of the players in your game being completely against your small niche community and jagex doing nothing to promote other builds or pking since the clan cups. Tell me how in the fuck else do you think how else do you think the PVP community is gonna act after years of the same shit? They're gonna start acting out, rebelling and overall stop giving a shit and do their own thing. It's fucking pathetic that runescape pk clans are something completely community driven without a single ounce of care in the world by Jagex. 

The PVP community as a whole is what it is because of how we've been treated for years, ignored by Jagex and shit on by everyone else.

The only thing I could add to your comment, I think its pretty disgusting how Jagex profits off the PvP community through DMM. They are looking to start back up again. The only time we are not ignored its for their benefit. 

17 hours ago, Edjez said:

The only REAL solution is 1-5 def worlds. Else, nothing else will work. Its the sad truth. We did not learn from our mistakes in the past. This cycle will continue. Going back to 1 def won't help.
It's kind of in Jagex hands and we all know, defence cap worlds will never be a thing in osrs. It has been suggested since what 2014?

Glad to see that you're still sticking to your guns on this topic. I reviewed my old topic on this subject and saw that you said something similar. 

Leaders just need to grow tf up and stop using mains/alliances with mains altogether. It’s a game you pussies who cares if we lose one fight ?? There’s no one single greatest pure clan right now, everyone has a good and bad trip/prep. 

5 hours ago, some dumb random said:

Here is an image from your(Terror) April 25th aftermath:

https://i.imgur.com/bdisGJ2.png

Here is an image from Fatality's April 25th aftermath:

https://i.imgur.com/OQlpeO0.png

Here is an image from Supremacy's April 25th aftermath:

https://i.imgur.com/l63OYGU.png

Every single clan is struggling to pull. Every single clan is still bringing mains. Every single clan still has the ego to preach about clean pure-vs-pure action while secretly, or even openly, bringing mains. The scene is dead. It's time to accept it and move on. Clans will never, ever reset back to 1-5 defense. Clans will never, ever stop bringing mains. It will never, ever end. It will go in the very same depressing cycle that it's always gone in because the very same people are still in charge of the very same clans. Nothing will change without major changes within the clan's ranks themselves. It all starts from the top down - not the other way around, and because of the massive egos coming from the current ranks it simply will never happen. They'll do everything in their power to hold on to their ranks even if it meant dragging their clan through the mud and shit and even into it's eventual grave.

@Kimmiss you bbygrl. xo 🥰

2 people in Fi capes that are above 25 defence means Fi brings mains? You're fucking retarded

Either def capped worlds or an adapt or die situation. Leaders will never agree to drop mains.

I honestly don’t think it would take much of an effort to restrict 2 worlds from accounts with 5+ or 25+ defence? Just like the total worlds.

Id be fine with capping at 25 defence. Lots of people have already rebuilt an account with the 35 to 1 def move and it takes a lot of effort to grind a maxed p2p pure if you’re a working adult.