Current State of The Pure Community(P.2)

Kim

Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?

• The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I prefer the armor options ranging from Steel to Mithril. I also prefer the P2P meta of clan-wars.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: The main situation won't change even if we move down.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I wouldn't have enough time to train up a new pure.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: The involvement of mains would decrease.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: Better recruitment opportunities and the scene's pulls would increase.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: I prefer the 1-5 def meta as oppose to the current meta.
    • The only REAL solution is 1-5 def worlds. Else, nothing else will work.
    • I am okay with whatever happens.
  2. 2. Why do you think mains are a problem within the scene?

• It interrupts action or starves it with certain clans.
    • The main/med clans coming down to the scene are the primary problem.
    • It has became apart of the norm of the community to use mains. (All clan bring mains.)
    • Certain pure clans weaponize mains whenever they are losing within a fight.
    • It has been harder to recruit and retain members due to the current state of the scene.
  3. 3. Why do you think the scene will die in 2021- Early 2022? Or, why do you think it will survive after Early 2022?

• The scene will DIE because: It is no longer fun.
    • The scene will DIE because: Clan pulls are dropping.
    • The scene will DIE because: No active incentive for people to join pure clans currently.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: This is normal for the pure scene to fluctuate.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Jagex seems to finally taken interest in making a clanning system.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Clans will never die due to their egos.

20 minutes ago, some dumb random said:

So you're telling me that fatality openly bring accounts that are above the allowed pure clan bracket on defense? No surprises there.

any rando can go to Grand Exchange and have every clan cape though so this is kinda a false positive.

You would need proof that the main account  is their 24/7 to validate 

6 hours ago, Chew said:

2 people in Fi capes that are above 25 defence means Fi brings mains? You're fucking retarded

Same logic terror used to login 30 mains vs sup, when 3 or 4 of our accs were 30 def instead of 25. Certain clans realize they will never get the competitive edge without the mains, especially starting out or after a slump, it makes sense to boost some moral with your members.

And anyone who thinks "every clan brings mains" isn't really on for weekends. A lot of clans have mains ready in case they need to retaliate against z/rage capes. The issue stems from the ones wearing Z or Rage capes, taking sides, having demands that will never be met. They're killing their own community, new clanners don't join clans anymore and stay because of this. These 2 capes kill the clan scene, I don't care who is in them.

1 hour ago, John_boy_90 said:

any rando can go to Grand Exchange and have every clan cape though so this is kinda a false positive.

You would need proof that the main account  is their 24/7 to validate 

they have to watch the video to see if the mains are always in the same fights/spamming along/following calls 

3 hours ago, Doyph said:

Same logic terror used to login 30 mains vs sup, when 3 or 4 of our accs were 30 def instead of 25. Certain clans realize they will never get the competitive edge without the mains, especially starting out or after a slump, it makes sense to boost some moral with your members.

And anyone who thinks "every clan brings mains" isn't really on for weekends. A lot of clans have mains ready in case they need to retaliate against z/rage capes. The issue stems from the ones wearing Z or Rage capes, taking sides, having demands that will never be met. They're killing their own community, new clanners don't join clans anymore and stay because of this. These 2 capes kill the clan scene, I don't care who is in them.

Terror hasn’t used mains in 2 months and look at the victim mentality, sup used mains against us and got smoked for weeks and now they have the audacity to cry about it. Gtfo 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Lil Pappy said:

All the clans that brought the mains upon themselves (Zenith, Sup, Foe, Apex) are the ones struggling (sub 30 pulls) while Fatality, Terror, Legacy, Rage etc duke it out every weekend main free with 40+ people

Personally speaking clanning and runescape isn't fun anymore after so many years of playing. Which is why so many of us have retired.

So at this point we have to look at self preservation, do you want a pure scene that survives the next couple of years with mains or not? Recruiting will become harder because the majority of players are mains or other account builds.. It all depends on the actions now, if the pure legacy lives or if it dies and we become what we once despised.

Kinda like the saying you either die a hero or you live long enough to turn into the villain..

P.s - Let me know when OSRS HD is official and Ill play this shitty game again. :aniblobpopcorn:

1 hour ago, Travis_ said:

If anyone can push for 1-5 def servers it's Sharkbrew working directly with jagex. We could even crowdfund the server running costs with clan sponsor money. No BAP.

you better hope for that after echoing ur ts all trip to hear you morons sit at ferox and cry about mains. thx for letting me into the cc after the poke too dumbass. 

2 minutes ago, Zenith E-Girl said:

you better hope for that after echoing ur ts all trip to hear you morons sit at ferox and cry about mains. thx for letting me into the cc after the poke too dumbass. 

slave recruiter @Edgican't control all of his sandcrab recruits but dw I'm sure 80% of them won't show up tomorrow but I'll be there again

On 5/1/2021 at 7:38 AM, Crown said:

Terror hasn’t used mains in 2 months and look at the victim mentality, sup used mains against us and got smoked for weeks and now they have the audacity to cry about it. Gtfo 

da26786969a209ae5837d7df82d20e3f.png
bc8066ef69800a04a73127e861cb6d8e.png

This is me randomly picking a video inbetween the 2 month period l0l. Do you actually believe the first part? Be honest.

If the issue is mains, clans who agree not to use mains and are serious about it, should go to clan wars for the foreseeable future and have PCL each week. Rather than the PCL typical 'challenge system' where not all clans are guaranteed a fight, they should have a mini round-robin each weekend to see who comes out on top, irrespective of whether you pull 20 more or less of someone. Turn it into a league format where you get X amount of points for a win and if you win the most points on a Saturday or Sunday, you get X amount of points towards a monthly or seasonal award.

If the issue is clan leaders depriving their members of action, then you can start to question why people are still in those clans.

Yes, PCL has been done recently (but only for weeks at a time and not for the longevity that will have an impact). Sure, it may splinter the community into two factions but fuck it, this isn't going to be a quick or easy fix. There have been multiple community led initiatives to try to 'fix' the community over the last decade, none of which have worked long-term. The fact we've had a completely server shift to a new version of the game and still managed to fuck it up so magnificently again is kinda amusing. 

13 hours ago, Ben said:

If the issue is mains, clans who agree not to use mains and are serious about it, should go to clan wars for the foreseeable future and have PCL each week. Rather than the PCL typical 'challenge system' where not all clans are guaranteed a fight, they should have a mini round-robin each weekend to see who comes out on top, irrespective of whether you pull 20 more or less of someone. Turn it into a league format where you get X amount of points for a win and if you win the most points on a Saturday or Sunday, you get X amount of points towards a monthly or seasonal award.

If the issue is clan leaders depriving their members of action, then you can start to question why people are still in those clans.

Yes, PCL has been done recently (but only for weeks at a time and not for the longevity that will have an impact). Sure, it may splinter the community into two factions but fuck it, this isn't going to be a quick or easy fix. There have been multiple community led initiatives to try to 'fix' the community over the last decade, none of which have worked long-term. The fact we've had a completely server shift to a new version of the game and still managed to fuck it up so magnificently again is kinda amusing. 

You are not the first one to suggest to have a PCL over the weekend. Its not a bad suggestion to make. I only worry about what type of impact that can cause for the other clans. You do make mention of becoming a splinter, but I feel as the community is a stuck in a forever position in between these clans unless every leadership agrees to something.. 

Another problem that I will create a topic about later this week, prep starvation has worsen within the last year. Although, the clans who had their pulls decrease may not find it as a problem to do a PCL concept over the weekend. The clans who are being starved of action have been accused of calling the main clans/bringing mains of their own. Those clans who are being accused have made claims that the accusers are scared of taking losses. Its a difficult situation for the pure community as both sides don't seem to want any fixes or come together to find some sort of solution. 

It’s a shame to see the scene like this.. pure clans used to strive for action. Throw back to even 2016 days when I was in Ruin and we had a high of 26 preps in a month (all 25 opts+).

As someone who was a part of the pure clan revival in 2014, the reason it was so successful was because of the mentalities we had. All clan leaders were concerned more with action and fixing the scene than anything else. When you have that sort of mentality, any type of events are possible. We had successful runs at PCL, continued f2p and p2p matched wildy minis even after clan wars was released, and most clans were doing 5-10 10v10-15v15s a day. 

Sadly none of that is possible anymore and to me that is largely due to the clan leaders in this scene and members who are content with a boring, fruitless scene.

Majority of the leaders that cared about the scene have either quit the game or left the scene as a whole - when there are clan leaders that care about the scene, they tend to breed members that have the same mentality, same goes for the opposite. So all you really have left are clan leaders that have been around way too long (for their own health) or leaders that have been around for a couple of years and their egos are through the roof

You have clans like Rage throwing out apology ultimatums to clans. Clans like Terror who have actually had a decent introduction into the scene, however look like spastics for rocking up on weekends with 40 on ts and 90 in game (not sure if this is still happening or not). Then other clans basically avoiding trying to prep for high opt exciting fights in clan wars, because they either don’t want to give certain clans events or haven’t done clan wars for so long that they probably suck at it now.

Pretty crazy to think that this is probably the most active the scene has ever been in terms of volume of clans and players, yet is the least active it has been in a long time in terms of action. 

Not sure I have a solution other than hoping clan leaders are able to come together and try to be better. Used to also be a time where members used to make leaders accountable, not sure that is happening anymore either. 

34 minutes ago, Soniqs said:

It’s a shame to see the scene like this.. pure clans used to strive for action. Throw back to even 2016 days when I was in Ruin and we had a high of 26 preps in a month (all 25 opts+).

As someone who was a part of the pure clan revival in 2014, the reason it was so successful was because of the mentalities we had. All clan leaders were concerned more with action and fixing the scene than anything else. When you have that sort of mentality, any type of events are possible. We had successful runs at PCL, continued f2p and p2p matched wildy minis even after clan wars was released, and most clans were doing 5-10 10v10-15v15s a day. 

Sadly none of that is possible anymore and to me that is largely due to the clan leaders in this scene and members who are content with a boring, fruitless scene.

Majority of the leaders that cared about the scene have either quit the game or left the scene as a whole - when there are clan leaders that care about the scene, they tend to breed members that have the same mentality, same goes for the opposite. So all you really have left are clan leaders that have been around way too long (for their own health) or leaders that have been around for a couple of years and their egos are through the roof

You have clans like Rage throwing out apology ultimatums to clans. Clans like Terror who have actually had a decent introduction into the scene, however look like spastics for rocking up on weekends with 40 on ts and 90 in game (not sure if this is still happening or not). Then other clans basically avoiding trying to prep for high opt exciting fights in clan wars, because they either don’t want to give certain clans events or haven’t done clan wars for so long that they probably suck at it now.

Pretty crazy to think that this is probably the most active the scene has ever been in terms of volume of clans and players, yet is the least active it has been in a long time in terms of action. 

Not sure I have a solution other than hoping clan leaders are able to come together and try to be better. Used to also be a time where members used to make leaders accountable, not sure that is happening anymore either. 

I do agree with you that it’s on the leadership and things could be a lot better after talking with some ranks of the p2p only based clans it seems they are willing to walk-in and learn f2p to provide more action with clans like og and them dropping mains and making things more fair, and as for what you said about terror is they came into the scene from xlpc and quickly became a top clan in f2p, unfortunately we were quickly threatened and hit by supremacy with mains so we responded yes we had over 100+ in game and 40 in ts at times, but what are we supposed to do roll over and take it? Maybe we should look at the root issue a clan over 5 years old starting beef with a brand new clan using mains on them and then crying when they can’t handle the response, they refuse to prep us in both servers they cry and accuse us of using mains (peep our povs) we’ve been main free for months trust me if we wanted to bring mains like you said we could bring double our opts easily. Talk to the clans like apex and supremacy that are still hiding behind main clans and playing the victims as at the end of the day they are the issue 

27 minutes ago, Soniqs said:

Type of response I would have expected from someone who was apart of the pure clan revival. Everyone wanted to have and didn't care to take a loss.  This was the most fun and I was happy to experience this type of action. I was a newcomer to the pure scene in 2014.

People also say due to everyone growing up and having adult jobs restricting to getting these 15v15s again. But, I also believe its due to the current attitude within the scene. 

You are not wrong about the scene being content with the current situation. Lot of new people are around Sharkbrew and see it as a norm for the scene to be this inactive. I feel as some of the old heads of the community may not care to discourage this type of activity due to not having breaks from the toxicity. Some of the newer people have taken dislike as they have been able to  see different povs throughout their clan history so they are against their leaderships. But, I am glad you were able to see the purpose behind this type of discussion to create some sort of noise for members to defend themselves and the community. 

Thank you for your input. I hope leaderships can put aside their differences at some point before its too late. 

20 minutes ago, Lonesome said:

I do agree with you that it’s on the leadership and things could be a lot better after talking with some ranks of the p2p only based clans it seems they are willing to walk-in and learn f2p to provide more action with clans like og and them dropping mains and making things more fair, and as for what you said about terror is they came into the scene from xlpc and quickly became a top clan in f2p, unfortunately we were quickly threatened and hit by supremacy with mains so we responded yes we had over 100+ in game and 40 in ts at times, but what are we supposed to do roll over and take it? Maybe we should look at the root issue a clan over 5 years old starting beef with a brand new clan using mains on them and then crying when they can’t handle the response, they refuse to prep us in both servers they cry and accuse us of using mains (peep our povs) we’ve been main free for months trust me if we wanted to bring mains like you said we could bring double our opts easily. Talk to the clans like apex and supremacy that are still hiding behind main clans and playing the victims as at the end of the day they are the issue 

I don’t know enough about the rivalry to comment. I went to a couple of supremacy events and was never asked to hop on my main, I did it myself when I saw terror had 90 in game (majority mains) and terror v sup was mainly singles, but all I can speak on is what I know. I do think that your comment about being able to wipe your hands as being an issue because you believe another clan started the problem (whether that is correct or not) is completely wrong and ignorant, in my opinion.

Damn you @Kim, you got me involved in clan politics again..

On 4/29/2021 at 7:28 PM, Kim said:

In terms of getting them to prep you guys, the best thing I could suggest is to talk to Pillow or Jimmy. I do recall Supremacy giving Rage an event before I retired in August. But, the best language that can be used with any one who may not dislike Rage is try to come to common ground. Not "we will off you with main for exchange of a prep." At least, that's how it came off to me and why I said it was a demand. It also doesn't help that keefn who was a big part of the beef at some point laughed at my comment earlier(not sure if he has any say now since idk anything about rage leadership atm.) 

In terms of clanning starvation beforehand, I agree with you. In my opinion, it goes back to people not being to compete with clans of their same tier. It is a lot more to lose. Its also as Moun said, if they risk it, they may be able to win and get much more hype for their clan. I believe another person on my previous topic mentioned, it doesn't help that clans will flame after a loss. 

Both pillow and Jimmy are delusional, they’re a big reason why the mains are In the scene today, they involved more clans in crash wars started more beef within the main and pure community that didn’t need to be there the issue is people like them will cause trouble and like they are showing now cower and act like victims, they need to apologize plain and simple 

1 minute ago, Lonesome said:

Both pillow and Jimmy are delusional, they’re a big reason why the mains are In the scene today, they involved more clans in crash wars started more beef within the main and pure community that didn’t need to be there the issue is people like them will cause trouble and like they are showing now cower and act like victims, they need to apologize plain and simple 

Disappointing to read if true.  In terms of an apology, are you referencing Rage? 

2 minutes ago, Soniqs said:

I don’t know enough about the rivalry to comment. I went to a couple of supremacy events and was never asked to hop on my main, I did it myself when I saw terror had 90 in game (majority mains) and terror v sup was mainly singles, but all I can speak on is what I know. I do think that your comment about being able to wipe your hands as being an issue because you believe another clan started the problem (whether that is correct or not) is completely wrong and ignorant, in my opinion.

I don’t think we can wipe our hands of it, but we’ve also shown that we can move forward without the mains and give clans clean action. As it’s what’s best for the scene supremacy has been stuck in cwa on saturdays and Sunday’s for the past few months while we’ve been giving clans and offering them clean pure action, the issue being is they started bringing mains called main clans to attempt to camp us, and then when that all failed they hid and wined about what happened? I think it’s best for all clans to drop the mains but as of right now the only clans failing to do so are the sup apex and zeniths of the community 

4 minutes ago, Soniqs said:

hell yes 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Disappointing to read if true.  In terms of an apology, are you referencing Rage? 

No, Supremacy ranks owe terror and apology, they created a “rivalry” with a brand new clan  brought more main clans into the pure scene. And when given the chance over and over to give their rivals the ones they claim pure v pure action in cwa they avoid it, they avoid it in wildy it’s just a shame. But what can you expect from Jimmywoo and company 

3 minutes ago, Lonesome said:

No, Supremacy ranks owe terror and apology, they created a “rivalry” with a brand new clan  brought more main clans into the pure scene. And when given the chance over and over to give their rivals the ones they claim pure v pure action in cwa they avoid it, they avoid it in wildy it’s just a shame. But what can you expect from Jimmywoo and company 

In terms of the mains vs pure actions within that rivalry, I have heard a mix between both sides. I don't know what is true and what isn't unfortunately. All I do know, the rivalry shouldn't had such a big amount of mains in beginnings of it.  In terms of clans and their involvement, at least in my own point of view. Its hard for Supremacy or Terror to admit who may be calling mains or if these respective main clans have leaks within one of the rivals. Both sides over discord have blamed each other for the main clans hitting each other's fights etc. 

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

In terms of the mains vs pure actions within that rivalry, I have heard a mix between both sides. I don't know what is true and what isn't unfortunately. All I do know, the rivalry shouldn't had such a big amount of mains in beginnings of it.  In terms of clans and their involvement, at least in my own point of view. Its hard for Supremacy or Terror to admit who may be calling mains or if these respective main clans have leaks within one of the rivals. Both sides over discord have blamed each other for the main clans hitting each other's fights etc. 

Considering multiple of supremacy ranks sit as active members in main clans elite zerks and sovereign id say that’s probably where the “leak” is coming from. Unfortunately you’ll probably never know the honest truth, but I can tell you supremacy started the rivalry and is avoiding cleaning up their mess, I do have bias remind you but IMHO just because terror out lasted the 5+ year old clan doesn’t mean the next new clan trying to make it does, it’s hard enough for clans to want to open/reopen let alone a long standing clan threatening them with mains before it happens, that’s where I’d start when cleaning up the community 

On 4/29/2021 at 4:13 PM, humanbear said:

All things aside:

To get a clean scene:
Sup has to accept a prep => We won't hit them with mains anymore (unless they're fighting one of the 3 below)
Fo has to accept a prep + apologize => We'll drop mains....
Apex has accept a prep + cut ties with rot => we'll drop the mains....
Z will die cuz rev doesnt off, sorry lads time to close

CWA is dying because clans avoid preps (clean action), Wild is dying as retaliation and alliances with the clans that openly dox and force people to quit

After the scene is clean, we could actually all agree of removing mains from the scene and standing up together. But I don't see any of the above happening, thus ego's will remain their course and nothing will change.
(If main clan X comes talking, all pure clans can team on crash. If pure clan Y brings main anyways, all the other clans can team on crash and boycott them)

I agree, the reason we are having this conversation is cause sup won't prep anyone but apeg