Current State of The Pure Community(P.2)

Kim

Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think the scene should stay the way it is? Or, why do you think the scene should reset back to 1-5 Def?

• The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I prefer the armor options ranging from Steel to Mithril. I also prefer the P2P meta of clan-wars.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: The main situation won't change even if we move down.
    • The scene should stay the SAME way it is because: I wouldn't have enough time to train up a new pure.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: The involvement of mains would decrease.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: Better recruitment opportunities and the scene's pulls would increase.
    • The scene should REVERT back to 1-5 def because: I prefer the 1-5 def meta as oppose to the current meta.
    • The only REAL solution is 1-5 def worlds. Else, nothing else will work.
    • I am okay with whatever happens.
  2. 2. Why do you think mains are a problem within the scene?

• It interrupts action or starves it with certain clans.
    • The main/med clans coming down to the scene are the primary problem.
    • It has became apart of the norm of the community to use mains. (All clan bring mains.)
    • Certain pure clans weaponize mains whenever they are losing within a fight.
    • It has been harder to recruit and retain members due to the current state of the scene.
  3. 3. Why do you think the scene will die in 2021- Early 2022? Or, why do you think it will survive after Early 2022?

• The scene will DIE because: It is no longer fun.
    • The scene will DIE because: Clan pulls are dropping.
    • The scene will DIE because: No active incentive for people to join pure clans currently.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: This is normal for the pure scene to fluctuate.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Jagex seems to finally taken interest in making a clanning system.
    • The scene will SURVIVE because: Clans will never die due to their egos.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:17 PM, Lil Pappy said:

The scene might have better opportunities for recruitment/activity if it re-sets to one defense, but ultimately the main clans involved are not going to off and that has been shown by Zenith/Rev already. They'll just make tank accounts in the level 80s bracket. I don't believe it will ultimately change anything for that reason.

All the clans that brought the mains upon themselves (Zenith, Sup, Foe, Apex) are the ones struggling (sub 30 pulls) while Fatality, Terror, Legacy, Rage etc duke it out every weekend main free with 40+ people

On 4/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Lil Pappy said:

The scene might have better opportunities for recruitment/activity if it re-sets to one defense, but ultimately the main clans involved are not going to off and that has been shown by Zenith/Rev already. They'll just make tank accounts in the level 80s bracket. I don't believe it will ultimately change anything for that reason.

All the clans that brought the mains upon themselves (Zenith, Sup, Foe, Apex) are the ones struggling (sub 30 pulls) while Fatality, Terror, Legacy, Rage etc duke it out every weekend main free with 40+ people

Zenith pulls 80 while terror pulls sub 50's  75during anniversary... No clans brought mains upon themselves either, main scene is dead therefore look for action elsewhere. you're theory doesn't add up btw. 

On 4/29/2021 at 5:38 PM, Godfather said:

i think if people want things to get better without jagex intervention (which won't ever happen) they need to discuss rebalancing CWA, as it's something that nobody bothered to do when all of the new garbage came out in 2018. in the past whenever wildy got messy with mains clans would treat wilderness trips as secondary and put all of their focus on CWA during the week, hence why the quality difference of 2015-2017 was substantially better than todays.

well said. oldschool/retired clanners from that era are 10 times better than this new era of clanners. BRING BACK P2P CWA GLORY DAYS!

On 5/1/2021 at 5:11 PM, Peace seeker said:

Personally speaking clanning and runescape isn't fun anymore after so many years of playing. Which is why so many of us have retired.

So at this point we have to look at self preservation, do you want a pure scene that survives the next couple of years with mains or not? Recruiting will become harder because the majority of players are mains or other account builds.. It all depends on the actions now, if the pure legacy lives or if it dies and we become what we once despised.

Kinda like the saying you either die a hero or you live long enough to turn into the villain..

P.s - Let me know when OSRS HD is official and Ill play this shitty game again. :aniblobpopcorn:

This is never the case, it never has been. People will come and go, but a thriving pure scene will always lead to an increase of active members. Even in late 2020, multiple clans were pulling 100+ and others 80+. It's just the state of the scene that has led to people not wanting to waste their time in the crash war, which is currently in a stalemate. Another factor is that CWA is almost dead at this point

Terror got most 107s in scene and now people wanna reset, sheeeeeeeesh!

Forgot all of the people that get on here are nerds, ofc they have time to train up another pure. 

Pure Scene will also die cause clan leaders avoid their rivals (sup, zenith, foe)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 5:02 AM, Sudanese Pker said:

Terror got most 107s in scene and now people wanna reset, sheeeeeeeesh!

Forgot all of the people that get on here are nerds, ofc they have time to train up another pure. 

Pure Scene will also die cause clan leaders avoid their rivals (sup, zenith, foe)

• 3 weeks later...

People always avoid nowadays. There seems to be barely any action between clans compared to years prior. Clans avoid Clan wars/wildy fair fights making people lose interest in the scene whatsoever. Don't think there has been a 30v30 + p2p prep for a long time now. its all just big minis mainly now.

• 1 month later...