1 yr anni - Breaking records everywhere

slushpuppy

edit 2: scratch that pw started in january 2009, It had a re-opening May 2009 which turned into one hell of an active site

PC lasted from 05 to 11?!? They lasted that long under sefket?!

• First pure community site to track prep wins/losses - Was done by both PC and PW
  • First pure community site with a dedicated prep/FO declaration section - Has also been done numerous times before
  • First pure community site with working anti IP grabbing image filter - Karl introduced a whitelist for image site's on pw back in like 2012, so has been done also

I don't really feel like the users thing is much of an accomplishment, given the fact some people have numerous different accounts, apart from that good job.

• Not on the same level as sharkbrew. Our system is more wholesome because we actually award points for the "fairness" of the fight. PC/PW just merely ranked wins/losses and it was pretty much 1 topic maintained by a slave rank who gave up after X months of not getting promoted
  • Again it was just merely a forum- "pls declare here ty". Infact, it was removed quite soon after.
  • Not on the same level as zybez or sharkbrew. Infact their piss poor way of white list filtering is probably what killed the site- no1 could post aftermaths without getting redirected to forum index. Same thing happened with pure.pw and cwf. Hence why I invested a fair amount of time to copy zybez's whitelist system.
  • Contrary to popular belief, multi-accounts are not common, and they only add 10-20 users overall whenever a rivalry topic flares up

PC lasted from 05 to 11?!? They lasted that long under sefket?!

• Not on the same level as sharkbrew. Our system is more wholesome because we actually award points for the "fairness" of the fight. PC/PW just merely ranked wins/losses and it was pretty much 1 topic maintained by a slave rank who gave up after X months of not getting promoted
  • Again it was just merely a forum- "pls declare here ty". Infact, it was removed quite soon after.
  • Not on the same level as zybez or sharkbrew. Infact their piss poor way of white list filtering is probably what killed the site- no1 could post aftermaths without getting redirected to forum index. Same thing happened with pure.pw and cwf. Hence why I invested a fair amount of time to copy zybez's whitelist system.
  • Contrary to popular belief, multi-accounts are not common, and they only add 10-20 users overall whenever a rivalry topic flares up

Don't really get were this "fairness" comes from, I know you have a guy go on the topic saying "awaiting dispute from opposing clan" but what exactly can they do? Please correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of preps some people will still get hit off and I don't really see changes when the prep scores are added, I don't really think you can do anything about that, it's out of your control.

Yes it was a forum section, but your section isn't exactly much more :s and it's moderated by a slave rank, It seems so similar to all those before it. PC lasted way over a year btw same as pw, they lasted longer than you think :P (the fullout lists lasted even longer, especially on PC)

Yeah PC was around until 2011, But its peak hit very late 2008, Seftket initially tried promoting only Foe kids, he then started promoting kids from other clans and when a huge lapse of power abuse ensued he didn't do anything about it, people would moderate their own clans topics and each would have like 10 replies total due to how many people would get suspended/post deleted.

I don't think PW's whitelist hurt them. I just checked the topic on pw from ages ago, the simple idea of having a collection of the most common image upload websites didn't cause any trouble, because people would naturally use those sites to upload pictures anyways. PW lasted 2 years after they instigated that change so it didn't hurt them one bit. 

10-20? Can't believe that, but I can't really argue against it given the fact I'm not fucking going counting xD

c5b8a690cc96cb9bbf2bfbc4938a282a.png

Just disputing because how you've worded it is you're the "first" to do these things, you may feel as though you've done them to a better standard, but that doesn't mean it's the first time it has been done :s

(don't mistake me, you do a fine job given the state of the memberbase)

Don't really get were this "fairness" comes from, I know you have a guy go on the topic saying "awaiting dispute from opposing clan" but what exactly can they do? Please correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of preps some people will still get hit off and I don't really see changes when the prep scores are added, I don't really think you can do anything about that, it's out of your control.

Yes it was a forum section, but your section isn't exactly much more :s and it's moderated by a slave rank, It seems so similar to all those before it. PC lasted way over a year btw same as pw, they lasted longer than you think :P (the fullout lists lasted even longer, especially on PC)

Yeah PC was around until 2011, But its peak hit very late 2008, Seftket initially tried promoting only Foe kids, he then started promoting kids from other clans and when a huge lapse of power abuse ensued he didn't do anything about it, people would moderate their own clans topics and each would have like 10 replies total due to how many people would get suspended/post deleted.

I don't think PW's whitelist hurt them. I just checked the topic on pw from ages ago, the simple idea of having a collection of the most common image upload websites didn't cause any trouble, because people would naturally use those sites to upload pictures anyways. PW lasted 2 years after they instigated that change so it didn't hurt them one bit. 

10-20? Can't believe that, but I can't really argue against it given the fact I'm not fucking going counting xD

c5b8a690cc96cb9bbf2bfbc4938a282a.png

Just disputing because how you've worded it is you're the "first" to do these things, you may feel as though you've done them to a better standard, but that doesn't mean it's the first time it has been done :s

(don't mistake me, you do a fine job given the state of the memberbase)

If you read the topic a bit more carefully, I initially credited sharkbrew as the first to past their first anni, but I revised it to include PC and PW respectively with your revised facts.

I would prefer calling a spade a space. A url filter is not the same as a image whitelist filter. A topic containing prep/mini wins is not the same as a full fledged tracking tournament system with ELO points. I don't recall any dedicated declaration system on PW actually, but rather if I can remember, clans simply just declared on each other in public discussions. Sharkbrew will claim its credit where due because our systems actually work. Making a paper aeroplane and saying you developed the first jetliner is minimally ludicrous.

I appreciate that you recognize the fairly uphill struggle it took to get sharkbrew where it is today, but we have to perfectly clear on credit where it is due.