Cannabis - A Guide for Rosin - SOLVENTLESS hash

Hoonigan

What's going on guys. I originally put this guide together for members in my clan who I know smoke. Decided I'd post it here as well, as some of you who smoke might find it useful. The process is incredibly simple and can have some pretty solid results. This is extracting cannabis resin using heat and lots of pressure. Sound easy? It fucking is.

These are all the things you fools will need.

A hair straightener

Parchment paper squares (3x3 inch squares or so)

GOOD weed

An IR thermometer gun IF your hair straightener doesn't have a temperature setting

A dabber or some other sort of tool to scrape the oil off of the parchment

sVyS0Y0.png

It's really this simple. Take about a .4 of cannabis (If you're using a small straightener like mine) and place it in a folded piece of parchment. Dip your finger in a cup of water and simply place a small drop of weed on the nug. This will boil and help "squirt" the oil out and away from the nug. Oil runs from heat.. Imagine butter on a hot pan.

This is a TWO press process. One without any heat, just to flatten the nug before you press with heat. This will keep the oil clean of plant material.

After you have the water on the nug, you'll need to press it nice and flat with something hard. I use a hockey puck, it works good enough.. After you have a flat nug, you're ready to press and get the actual oil. Something like so:

2ZGKOEf.png

These are ideal temperatures and what you'll get.

230F - You will need some SERIOUS pressure for this if you want a large yield. This will give you the best quality oil, it will shatter just like BHO and reserves a LOT of terpenes because of lower temperatures.

280F - This temp is ideal for yields AND quality. You're not really sacrificing on either. Makes nugs ooze oil with relative ease.

320F - You really don't want to go any higher than this. You'll be getting a lot of oil, but it will be lower quality and soupy. Hard as fuck to deal with and really just not worth your time. I don't even know why I put this on here to be honest. Filler, I guess. If you're still reading this, I owe you a dab. Sorry.

The Final Press

Now you're ready for the press. Simply center the folded parchment square so the flat nug is in between the ceramic plates, and press with ALL of your body weight for 5-7 seconds. You will hear a sizzle, and it's ideal to stop shortly after hearing that.

Afterwards, open the parchment and carefully remove the flat nug. Use a dabber to remove any cannabis particles from the oil BEFORE collecting it!

This is what you'll end up with on the parchment.

D8CnAtC.png

Clear, melty goodness.

If your oil comes out runny, you might need to -briefly- chill it before collecting the resin.Chilling for too long will cause condensation on the oil, which will make the smoke hot as fuck as the water burns off. Avoid this for smoother dabs you fucks.

These are some macro shots I took this afternoon, came out quite nice.

45gt43P.png

IYAz3VJ.png

ONqWvzB.png

hRDOmh5.png

There is a general rule of thumb used across the board with hash making. Doesnt matter if it's some sort of solventless hash or BHO... FIRE IN, FIRE OUT. The ONLY way to get a high quality oil is with high quality resin. These are some macro shots of buds that I've taken over the past week or so.

This is the strain we pressed for the rosin above ^

u4IzobO.png

Sour OG

mNUni9C.png

TGA's Chernobyl (Subcool phenotype)

SrwA2Rc.png

Cinderella 99 ... fucking bomb.

I hope you guys enjoy. And if you end up trying it, let me know how it goes!

ffs what did I buy this extractor and vac chamber for  :ph34r:

I still prefer BHO, but this is amazing for when I can only find flower.

If we feel like dabbing, we'll just press a few dabs out. Takes all of 5 minutes.

Plus the flattened weed chips still have resin, so you can smoke them. It isn't a waste like flower after a solvent run. I prefer to cook with them though

I still prefer BHO, but this is amazing for when I can only find flower.

If we feel like dabbing, we'll just press a few dabs out. Takes all of 5 minutes.

Plus the flattened weed chips still have resin, so you can smoke them. It isn't a waste like flower after a solvent run. I prefer to cook with them though

I got a pound of the blasted stuff. Unethical to resell? Maybe do a green dragon run or something? Iuno 

I got a pound of the blasted stuff. Unethical to resell? Maybe do a green dragon run or something? Iuno

Very. Someone I know used to put an OZ of blasted bud in every LB he sold, and it really didn't end well for him. I used to flush it, ut I've also made cannabutter with it before.

You could try a vegetable glycerin based tincture if you wanted. That might actually come out nice with blasted bud. But, if you like the alcohol tinctures then by all means. Just personal preference at that point. I find glycerin to be simple. I've had friends try to make the green dragon stuff and fail miserably somehow.

Very. Someone I know used to put an OZ of blasted bud in every LB he sold, and it really didn't end well for him. I used to flush it, ut I've also made cannabutter with it before.

You could try a vegetable glycerin based tincture if you wanted. That might actually come out nice with blasted bud. But, if you like the alcohol tinctures then by all means. Just personal preference at that point. I find glycerin to be simple. I've had friends try to make the green dragon stuff and fail miserably somehow.

What happened, someone bust a kneecap? 

And I would do the tincture I'm been hoarding it so long open-air I'm afraid it's more mold than THC at this point 

What happened, someone bust a kneecap?

And I would do the tincture I'm been hoarding it so long open-air I'm afraid it's more mold than THC at this point

He ended up getting robbed by one of the kids he was dicking over. Lost more than he made by doing it.

I'm assuming you're Luke, so ill look up some good uses for blasted bud and PM you what I find on our forums.

He ended up getting robbed by one of the kids he was dicking over. Lost more than he made by doing it.

I'm assuming you're Luke, so ill look up some good uses for blasted bud and PM you what I find on our forums.

lmfao I just read your info for the first time; my initial reaction reading this post was to say "my buddy Phil would enjoy reading this"

Just put 2 and 2 together....