WCOTM/COTM Update?

Deep Thought

What is the status  on these less than stellar systems? 

I know myself and BVG have outlined alternative ideas that are a significant improvement from the existing COTM system (absolute failure). Additionally, Tyen appears to have come up with some similar ideas of his own. So where is the progress? I know most of the ranks around here are objectively bad at what they do, but you do have a small handful of competent people. Beyond the (mostly terrible) staff, there are generous community members, like myself, with enormous brains who have shown a willingness to help troubleshoot such endeavors or at a minimum review potential ideas and offer relevant feedback.

It is time to earn your keep...both of the current signature contests are dogbrown sticky stuff at best. 

As of now, Declarations are being reworked. COTM itself will be completely automated and changed fully once we get caught up with other parts of the forums first. We only have two coders who are extremely busy irl so this takes time. Right now COTM doesn't even have our CWL back to even input current preps/Octobers preps because it isn't done yet. We will get to it once everything is set into motion.

On a side note, if you had direct questions I'm available (as you know) but when you make topics like this it just seems like you want attention

Reference: there are generous community members, like myself, with enormous brains who have shown a willingness to help troubleshoot such endeavors or at a minimum review potential ideas and offer relevant feedback.

31 minutes ago, Moni said:

As of now, Declarations are being reworked. COTM itself will be completely automated and changed fully once we get caught up with other parts of the forums first. We only have two coders who are extremely busy irl so this takes time. Right now COTM doesn't even have our CWL back to even input current preps/Octobers preps because it isn't done yet. We will get to it once everything is set into motion.

On a side note, if you had direct questions I'm available (as you know) but when you make topics like this it just seems like you want attention

Reference: there are generous community members, like myself, with enormous brains who have shown a willingness to help troubleshoot such endeavors or at a minimum review potential ideas and offer relevant feedback.

No one cares if the system is completely automated. People care that the system isn't absolute trash lmfao. One does not need coding experience to design a better clan wars system than the one currently in place. 

As for "topics like this", don't be upset when someone calls you out for sucking at your job. Do better and you won't see them. It has been THREE weeks since you've done promotions and asides from updating the forums (which should be secondary to things that actually make an impact in game) there has been jack in terms of progress. Surely the entire staff is not coding site updates because evidently you only have two coders.

Does it really take that long to brainstorm a new approach? I'm not trying to be too big of a dick, but it is not that difficult to add a fresh spin onto one or multiple of the prior systems people have used over the past decade. Virtually anything you implement will better than the existing systems.

2 minutes ago, Deep Thought said:

No one cares if the system is completely automated. People care that the system isn't absolute trash lmfao. One does not need coding experience to design a better clan wars system than the one currently in place. 

As for "topics like this", don't be upset when someone calls you out for sucking at your job; do better and you won't see them. It has been THREE weeks since you've done promotions and asides from updating the forums (which should be secondary to things that actually make an impact in game) there has been jack in terms of progress. Surely the entire staff is not coding site updates because evidently you only have two coders.

Does it really take that long to brainstorm a new approach? I'm not trying to be too big of a dick, but it is not that difficult to add a fresh spin onto one or multiple of the prior systems people have used over the past decade. Virtually anything you implement will better than the existing systems.

can you not read, I said "and fully changed" 

1 minute ago, Moni said:

can you no read I said "and fully changed" 

Can you no read I said "It has been THREE weeks since you've done promotions and asides from updating the forums (which should be secondary to things that actually make an impact in game) there has been jack in terms of progress. Surely the entire staff is not coding site updates because evidently you only have two coders."

If there have been further updates, then please do share. 

Just now, Deep Thought said:

Can you no read I said "It has been THREE weeks since you've done promotions and asides from updating the forums (which should be secondary to things that actually make an impact in game) there has been jack in terms of progress. Surely the entire staff is not coding site updates because evidently you only have two coders."

If there have been further updates, then please do share. 

The system that will be put in place can't be inputed manually it's going to be a ladder system which again is fully automated/self-sufficient. if you want things such as points and declarations changed I suggest you come up with better tracking systems in the mean time or PM me via irc 

5 minutes ago, Moni said:

The system that will be put in place can't be inputed manually it's going to be a ladder system which again is fully automated/self-sufficient. if you want things such as points and declarations changed I suggest you come up with better tracking systems in the mean time or PM me via irc 

So if we know how the "new" system is going to work/look like, then why not lay out the frame work? "It's going to be a ladder system" and "Can't be inputed manually" are pretty vague. 

Just now, Deep Thought said:

So if we know how the "new" system is going to work/look like, then why not lay out the frame work? "It's going to be a ladder system" and "Can't be inputed manually" are pretty vague. 

When it is released you will see it, as of now it isn't completed. As I said previously if u want the system that we're using in the meantime to change hmu on IRC and toss me some ideas. 

34 minutes ago, Moni said:

When it is released you will see it, as of now it isn't completed. As I said previously if u want the system that we're using in the meantime to change hmu on IRC and toss me some ideas. 

There is no amount of changes in the world that could fix the existing systems. I wouldn't even want to waste half a minute delaying the new systems by trying to salvage the current piles of trash that are COTM and WCOTM.