All star NBA ft 3 Point, Dunk, and Skills challenge

N_ate

The 3 point challenge was literally the only thing worth watching, that'll include the actual game as well. The only reason I was interested in the 3 point challenge was because of the people participating, for once you actually have the best vs the best going at it.

Until we see the Lebron James and Kevin Durants in the dunk contest it'll bore the brown sticky stuff out of me because I've seen all these dunks before, and the gimmicks get dumber and dumber every year. It might not even get better with big names, reality is I saw highlights where a through the legs dunk got a 50 meanwhile I watched multiple people in my Canadian basketball camps that would do that brown sticky stuff in practice, literally semi-pro players. Grabbing the ball out of peoples hands, put backs off the back of the backboard... these are all things that given enough practice almost any athletic guard/forward in the NBA could do. It's all been done before, and it's boring as brown sticky stuff to watch year after year. I don't think I've cared about the dunk competition since Vince was in it and that's because I'm a raptors fan.

Skills challenge is literally a drill we did over and over at a basketball camp called "Gold Medal", I definitely don't find it entertaining.

Hopefully they'll change the format in the next couple of years, maybe add in something like a 1 vs 1 challenge. It's been suggested a lot.