MMOEXP : Elden Ring Mods Turn The Game Into A Surreal Fever Dream

Gather 'round, readers, as I regale readers with another story of the weird shit that players are doing in the Elden Ring Runes. Be assured that this story isn't going to be about panties murdering turtle clergy even rolling death strats (we've already done that). This time around, Elden Ring has become an even more hilarious gaming experience thanks to one YouTuber's zany and surreal modding efforts.

YouTuber ToastedShoes who's posted several modded gameplay videos, has uploaded an appropriate video titled "Elden Ring but ruined by mods." While the mods aren't going to ruin the game, they alter Elden Ring into a terminally online gamer's fever dream. It's the Australian YouTuber's bold reimagining FromSoftware's new hotness replaces Elden Ring's bosses , NPCs, and NPCs with cartoon characters of the past that result in an amusing and unsettling video.

Utilizing mods created from fellow YouTuber Garden of Eyes, ToastedShoes portrays a Tarnished Homer Simpson as he bravely begins his quest to find an "Elden Donut." Someone might want to inform him of what Elden Ring actually is (y'know after players have figured out what it is). Here's a list that includes Elden Ring characters and the popular cartoon characters who have replaced them in ToastedShoes' video.

The best part of the video is the battle between Homer and that of the Tree Sentinel, an early optional boss. Allow me to establish the scene. There are a few grazing on the ground in Limgrave's forest. Are Elden Ring's goats that are changed into horribly lanky Sonic Hedgehogs. (It isn't a fantasiac video in the event that Sonic was not present in the film.) Then, all of a sudden the Sonic goats flee when they watch the Tree Sentinel approaches Homer, showcasing his dominance by twirling his axe. Limgrave must be located near a swamp as the Tree Sentinel has been transmogrified, through the dangerous sorcery of PC mods and transformed into a glassy-eyed Shrek riding his horse, Donkey.

A collection of audio footage from Shrek films and accurate Homer Simpson voice impersonations from voice actor Benjamin Rudman play intermittently during their very one-sided battle. After Homer is given his nice a$$ handed by his fiance, Homer chooses to take a sly retreat. Cowards do survive. The fight doubles as Shrek lore nobody asked for and is ToastedShoes his favorite scene from the film.

"I really like the Shrek and Donkey modification," ToastedShoes told MMOexp. "Having Shrek ride Donkey as his "noble steed" looks poetic." Although the YouTuber is now known for making modded games but that wasn't the original strategy. Before he amassed 574,000 subscribers, ToastedShoes started his YouTube channel in 2013 with the sole intention of sharing content with his buddies.

"As [time] progressed I noticed people putting together mod content for games like GTA 5 and Minecraft, which was great," he said. "But I was noticing and asking myself why this wasn't done in more games. So, I decided to make a leap and reach out to some of the most talented modders I could find on the internet."

Unfortunately, the downside to ToastedShoes's uploading a truly unique Elden Ring Items for sale video is that many internet users share clips but without crediting them or linking to him or his collaborators, and they may get more attention for it than his. It's not uncommon for creators of content inspired by the latest video game to have their creations reposted, ToastedShoes said it's disheartening to have the folks who collaborated with him not receive acknowledgement for their work in editing, voice-acting, and creating mods on his YouTube videos. However, he says it won't stop his from releasing more ridiculous modded gameplay videos. Actually, he's planning on creating more Elden Ring videos with even more mods.