All RuneNova Players (Read)

Null

tl;dr version:

RuneNova was shutdown by Jagex, I, myself, do not know if this is still the case.

RuneNova = NoMo

Now this was found on another site where Runescape Private Servers are developed by the community and share their creations and other neat things.

This was quoted directly from the site, this was written by the owner of RuneNova as of 7/15/13.

So after days of communication with Jagex via phone and email they have continued to threaten me to take down RuneNova.
I shut down my site removing any access to their client provided by runenova.com yet I kept hosting my server.
They did not like this, and warned me yet again to take it down or else they are going to be forced to use some of their large sum of money put away on me in court.
I did not reply, and kept hosting my server.

This morning I received the following email:

Dear Jordan,

It’s clear from your lack of response, and the fact that you’re are providing a link to downloadable content through uppit, as well as communicating a change of host to your player base, that you have no intention of co-operating with us.

I’m sending this email to remind you that the Runenova game client is in clear breach of copyright law, we have given you fair warning with regards to this infringement both via email and over the phone. We have collected a significant amount of information regarding you and your site, including any and all illegal use of our intellectual property.

May I also remind you that the terms of the undertaking we mentioned in previous emails are contingent on your full co-operation, if this is not the case then those terms will be altered to reflect this.

As previously requested please remove all infringing content immediately, this includes access to all versions of the client including the downloadable one, as well as the webservers hosting the game worlds.

If we do not receive the expected co-operation from you, I will be forced to pass this case on to our legal team who will start building a case against you. This is the last thing we wish to do as we know the negative effects it could have on your future.

Please reply to this email and work with us to reach an amicable resolution to you sites closure; it’s not too late.

Now, I really don't want to be taken to court because I am merely 19 with no kind of background with law and quite frankly I would not know how to defend myself.

In a previous email Jagex had mentioned that their large sum of money is put away to be used on SoulSplit and other big servers. I don't understand why I was targeted over them.

Anyways.. good luck to everyone with their server. If you get an email from Jagex I'd advise you ignore it for the lack of contact will keep you from admitting guilt.

Best of luck to everyone, toodles.

P.S. - I will not sell RuneNova's source, just because I can't host it doesn't mean I can't continue to develop it.

Link to the forums/thread:

http://www.rune-server.org/runescape-development/rs-503-client-server/497944-rip-runenova-death-jagex.html

This was posted on the 12th of July (this month).

I recently joined the RSPS community, not very certain that this is still the case.

I just thought I'd let you guys know.

yea that happened a few days ago. as ricky and luke said, they renamed the server and changed the way it is hosted and loaded so that he can technically offer us the server but without violating any copyrights, as he is not tied to the server or its hosting.

• 2 years later...