Controversial Twitch debate between Sky, Kaceytron, ShivHD(something like that), Destin, and TotalBiscuit

Chesty Puller

Some really interesting conversation here concering the way marketing works in today's gaming culture two hours long if you include the seconds part, but if you have an attention span longer than that of an 8 year old (doubt it LOL) I think you'll really enjoy it. TotalBiscuit comes in later but when he does...DAMN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta8Dt24G8XU

And here's my two cents on it.

I haven't finished watching the second part of the stream yet...but I would just like to add this point onto sky's argument. When women objectify themselves to promote their channels or anything of theirs for that matter (youtube especially)...(Guys use it for thumbnails as well)...what does that say about women in general? Are women not trying to fight this stigma that comes with being a woman? I can use this same example for men as well...when men use their douchey lad culture perversion to promote themselves as well what does that say about men? When it becomes easy for people to utilize these tools (playing their strengths) and benefit from does that not spark growth for those stigmas? Do the copycats of the world not use those methods to promote themselves as well? How do these marketing tools benefit human ideology in any way? When you use and manipulate our primal instincts to your benefit and let it grow wildly because it increases your standing what effect does that have to the flip side of the coin? The moral boundaries get crossed and it starts to spread like a cancer...we see it in politics, we see it in leadership, we see it in marketing, we see it everywhere...even on the internet with the massive rise of ridicule and trolling culture...there are boundaries that shouldn't be crossed...and like TB said about growing a healthy environment on your twitch channels...why shouldn't we promote those healthy environments across the spectrum? It's not just about twitch or youtube or whatever...it eventually comes to a point where we have to question what kind of effect this has on society in general and it seems to me that this style of marketing is starting to be very selfishly handled with the excuse of "being realistic" and "other people will do it anyways"...but not when you use your influence to shun these behaviors...Honestly I don't think sky or shiv (whatever his name is, sorry I don't follow twitch) was in the right position to handle this argument due to the fact that they use these methods as well and by criticizing themselves they would potentially hurt their own market value. It's not just about marketing...you have to look at the larger picture and really question what's right and wrong. It IS becoming a cancer to society and we need to start drawing boundaries.

• 8 years later...

My experience with write my capstone paper for me https://domyessay.com/write-my-capstone-project was nothing short of excellent. They provided an academically sound and thoroughly researched project, tailored to my specific needs. Their ability to synthesize information and present it in a coherent and engaging manner was particularly noteworthy.