Opinions?

Chesty Puller

This is a response to a topic on zybez forums that I made relating to why the clan world is dying. Thoughts on this?

Stop focusing on doing what's best for YOUR clan and start doing what's best for the community. Find some way to enforce rules within the community. No Ddosing, no ruining fights by crashing and bringing mains to pure fights. and what not. Recruit, recruit, recruit. You guys have to realize that even though the game is dying, out there is still 15k+ active players on at all times you can recruit from. Lower your reqs and teach them the ropes. When a new person joins a clan for the first time he/she usually becomes motivated to play the game more and train up their accounts and learn how to fight in an organized fashion. You guys need to stop being so damn pessimistic and realize that it's not jagex's fault. It's yours. Don't expect jagex to do the work you're supposed to be doing to pick the community back up on it's feet. Promote this community among the masses. Stop secluding yourselves in this one community and asking "why the fuck is this community dying" Because you're all dragging your feet around and not doing a damn thing to grow the community at all. All you guys do is go out and fight each other in the wilderness in different worlds where your typical runescape player does not hang around and then you post your videos and topics on zybez and call it a day. You're being lazy. That's all this is, laziness.
Back in the day clans used to run around and recruit people from edgeville, varrock multi, everywhere. They'd walk straight into varrock with huge spam towers advertising their clans. They'd make promotional videos and actually tried to get views on them. They'd post their videos on quest guide and community forums, not just one forum. They actually put in the work to recruit from the masses.

BTW I'm starting up sort of a project clan on OSRS. Just looking for my old crew. Dubz, Hamz, abz? Where are you guys? I would like you guys to take part. Anyone else if you want to be a part of it just hmu on here or irc, query Chesty and I'll get back to you.

I dont really think clanning is dying, it is very stable this whole year, clan close clans open always.

The thing about recruiting is that 90%+ pures are already in clans.

JaGex is the one who could get more people to join our community, JaGex need to work together with the pure world, to attract more players.

Listen everyone does recruit if u you follow a pure and u ask them if they're in a clan most of them say yes & most of them say no & when u try and get them to download teamspeak most of them say no thanks cause they think its a rat so ya gl.