Alienware Alpha

Anubis

Not that smart with computers, hoping some of you could help with a few questions I have.

Please no "build your own!" replies. I dont have the knowledge, time, courage or energy to do that.

Looking to buy an Alienware Alpha R2.

Specs:

6th gen i7 intelcore processor

8GB RAM DDR4 

Nvidia Geforce GTX 960

4GB VRAM GDDR5

256GB M.2 PCIe SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-alpha-r2-desktop/pd#overrides=d00asm204:8~2561TB

______

1. Is this a good PC and is it worth the price as far as pre-built desktops come? Will it play games like Overwatch, Ark, Fallout at high settings at about 50+ fps?

2. So, as you can tell, its a mini-PC, everything is compact, but everything is desktop-grade components, including the graphic card (960 not 960M). But its small, so not the actual size of an nivdia graphics card. The alpha r2 is "future-proof", so you can hook it up to a graphics amplifier and insert your own graphics card in that.

My question is... other parts, like the RAM or Hard Drive. They are a smaller size as well. Can they also be upgraded? 

Dell does not provide parts for the Alienware Alpha R2 from what I can tell so was wondering where I could go to shop for these?

Any Alienware owners here? Links and sources would be much appreciated.

Spoke to Dell customer support, and they were absolutely clueless. Hoping I will have more luck here :)

Thanks

i just built my desktop for $450usd and it would complete destroy any of those in the link you provided. Find a tech savy friend or a local pc builder off craigslist and order the parts yourself. You don't need a fancy ass tower if the specs are what matters to you. Alienware will forever be a Brand that makes money because of their name.