Clan Wars - Are OBJ Game Modes Feasible?

Tyendinaga

From the Near Miss Devblog posted today:(http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?380,381,150,65567074)

In a team oddskull clan war a skull spawns in the middle of the map at the start of the war. Picking up and holding the skull gains your clan points. The opposing team must kill the player carrying the skull in order to claim it themselves and gain points.

The team with the most points at the end of the war win.

Question: Should we introduce a new Clan Wars game mode called Team Oddskull? Clans could compete to hold a skull for the longest, killing each other to get possession of the skull. The clan that holds the skull for the most time wins.

------------------------------------------------------------------

While there was another mode posted(Timed Deathmatch), I think the discussion of OBJ modes warrants a discussion on its own.

Currently warring consists of sitting in single on weekends or occasionally taking the fight to clan wars. Both of these don't need an explanation beyond the traditional 'slayer' type. The whole point is to kill the other team.

There is a CTF variant(Castle Wars) that nobody plays. What is the reason for this? Aside from a primary problem of RNG damage and lack of proper player collision, do you not feel that CTF plays well in runescape? Or is it the lack of options available to the clan trying to play the game?

In the event that Team Oddskull becomes a mode, what do you think should happen in order to make this a proper gametype? Examples of my own include:

What are the traits of the player holding the ball? Can I be frozen? Can I 1bang other players in melee distance? Can I throw the ball? Am I more durable or have regenerating stats?

What kind of toggles can be expected if such a mode is implemented? Is there a damage modifier on the skull carrier or other players? Is player collision turned on? Is it possible to 'intercept' a pass?

While these are just my own ideas, my primary point is to at least spur some discussion as to whether or not additional gametypes would be welcomed into OSRS clanning, what can be done about current state of affairs, or if we should all fuck off back to the wild.

halo 2 anyone?

Go play Halo1 you fucking casual

She said "fuck off back to wild?"

I think it'll be dead content within a few months, combining cw and like gnomeball or something? How the frick would you throw/intercept a skull wtf

I don't actually know if it's possible. I'm unsure if there are any true projectiles in the game as they all appear to be delayed hits with accompanied animations.

If clans actually approached this as a fun event with a lot of things to offer such as: Team work, different forms of calling potentially having 2-3 callers on diff segments of the field with diff tasks making an entire new form of calling altogether, tactical maneuvering, attack and defense, who gets ball?, how do we attack opposing clans bal? If its f2p how many ppl bind opposing players to generate more points for their own ballholder, if its p2p what degree of members hould freeze vs degree of members doing dps? 

It would be incredibly fun and the only downfall of it would be trying and it not working due to lack of effort brought forth by individual clans. There can be a great number of benefits that are beneficial to a clans organization in general.

Just dont be close minded about such a suggestion.

In closing, yes its definitely feasible, and as always, its up to clans to be open minded and approach it in a objective perspective with a fun mentality. Eventually this would get super competitive after clans get the flow of it, whether or not it would ever catch on and held in regards as PKRI or fullouts remains to be seen and couldnt be considered this early in the stage.

If clans actually approached this as a fun event with a lot of things to offer such as: Team work, different forms of calling potentially having 2-3 callers on diff segments of the field with diff tasks making an entire new form of calling altogether, tactical maneuvering, attack and defense, who gets ball?, how do we attack opposing clans bal? If its f2p how many ppl bind opposing players to generate more points for their own ballholder, if its p2p what degree of members hould freeze vs degree of members doing dps? 

It would be incredibly fun and the only downfall of it would be trying and it not working due to lack of effort brought forth by individual clans. There can be a great number of benefits that are beneficial to a clans organization in general.

In closing, yes its definitely feasible, and as always, its up to clans to be open minded and approach it in a objective perspective with a fun mentality. Eventually this would get super competitive after clans get the flow of it, whether or not it would ever catch on and held in regards as PKRI or fullouts remains to be seen and couldnt be considered this early in the stage.

didnt read lol