europoors help me out

Pierce

Ok don't get butthurt by the title it's just a joke, Americans are fat anyways ... give me some tips if you live in Europe.

I'm going to go to college at Arizona State, but I really want to study abroad for a semester or two just for the experience and because I think it'd be fun. So my question is, where are the better places in Europe? I'm not looking for high end luxury living, but rather middle to upper middle class living (money isn't an issue). I've looked at Switzerland a bit and that place looks fuking sick. I only know English, but I wouldn't mind learning another language, but pref having classes taught in English.

Hobbies include: snowboarding (why I'm looking @ Switzerland), fitness (need a nearby gym for sure), cars (something I can live without for a semester because I know most people in Europe don't really own a car because they don't need to), trading stocks (need a place with average/above average Internet)

I'm studying Real Estate Development at ASU, but wouldn't mind a semester of strictly business or finance, therefore I need a school with a decent business program (real estate is a huge plus though if there's a good one in EU).

I hate the cold, but I can manage. I really would prefer to not live in a place that rains most of the year/is cloudy, but if most of EU is like that it's no big deal. 

Let me know EU dudes, thanks bb's <3

If you can afford it, norway. We have a high cost of living compared to most, but the cultural diffrences are really facanating to see.

We are well educated and almost everyone knows how to speak english.

In the winter season going cross country skiing and snowboarding is really popular.

Real estate market in norway is also kind of weird as everything is in such high demand that the prices are littearly ridicolous.

Minimal price for an apartment right now is about 250k $

If you can afford it, norway. We have a high cost of living compared to most, but the cultural diffrences are really facanating to see.

We are well educated and almost everyone knows how to speak english.

In the winter season going cross country skiing and snowboarding is really popular.

Real estate market in norway is also kind of weird as everything is in such high demand that the prices are littearly ridicolous.

Minimal price for an apartment right now is about 250k $

Interesting, I'll look into it thanks!

Ok don't get butthurt by the title it's just a joke, Americans are.5 percentile anyways ... give me some tips if you live in Europe.

I'm going to go to college at Arizona State, but I really want to study abroad for a semester or two just for the experience and because I think it'd be fun. So my question is, where are the better places in Europe? I'm not looking for high end luxury living, but rather middle to upper middle class living (money isn't an issue). I've looked at Switzerland a bit and that place looks fuking sick. I only know English, but I wouldn't mind learning another language, but pref having classes taught in English.

Hobbies include: snowboarding (why I'm looking @ Switzerland), fitness (need a nearby gym for sure), cars (something I can live without for a semester because I know most people in Europe don't really own a car because they don't need to), trading stocks (need a place with average/above average Internet)

I'm studying Real Estate Development at ASU, but wouldn't mind a semester of strictly business or finance, therefore I need a school with a decent business program (real estate is a huge plus though if there's a good one in EU).

I hate the cold, but I can manage. I really would prefer to not live in a place that rains most of the year/is cloudy, but if most of EU is like that it's no big deal. 

Let me know EU dudes, thanks bb's <3

I appreciate you've stated money isn't an issue but have you looked at the realistic price of living in Switzerland for a semester or two? I mean, to fully enjoy it you had better be willing to sink some cash into Switzerland. It is a beautiful country and I fully recommend it but you'll need to consider the cost. 

Have you looked at Austria? I've skied both Switzerland and Austria and loved both, needless to say Switzerland was more enjoyable but Austria wasn't far behind. Although we stayed in a chalet in Austria there were several hotels offering a spa/gyms that were not too expensive at all. Both the Austrians and the Swiss are delightful people who speak good English from my experience. 

I can't speak for internet or the schools in either though, went for a skiing holiday so the thought of either didn't cross my mind.

Aside from the above, the other place I'd recommend purely for skiing (snowboarding in your case) is Andorra. There's something special about being able to ski in a t-shirt. Not too sure about anything else, just know it was fucking sick.

Hope I've helped. 

I appreciate you've stated money isn't an issue but have you looked at the realistic price of living in Switzerland for a semester or two? I mean, to fully enjoy it you had better be willing to sink some cash into Switzerland. It is a beautiful country and I fully recommend it but you'll need to consider the cost. 

Have you looked at Austria? I've skied both Switzerland and Austria and loved both, needless to say Switzerland was more enjoyable but Austria wasn't far behind. Although we stayed in a chalet in Austria there were several hotels offering a spa/gyms that were not too expensive at all. Both the Austrians and the Swiss are delightful people who speak good English from my experience. 

I can't speak for internet or the schools in either though, went for a skiing holiday so the thought of either didn't cross my mind.

Aside from the above, the other place I'd recommend purely for skiing (snowboarding in your case) is Andorra. There's something special about being able to ski in a t-shirt. Not too sure about anything else, just know it was fucking sick.

Hope I've helped. 

I've looked a little bit, I think I'd manage. I know what you mean about snowboarding in a t-shirt. I live in Colorado and in March it's nice a sunny but plenty of fresh powder in 40 degree weather, it's awesome man. I'll check into Austria, thank you very much for the help!

Come to The Netherlands or Germany Berlin  my man, I've travelled all over Europe and from non-biased stand point I would pick one of the two. Both countries also speak A+ English. Don't fucking go to Switzerland, that country is expensive af, and those people ain't nice.

Interesting, I'll look into it thanks!

You can easily settle with denmark and take a 20minute ferry to norway/sweden should you ever feel like cross/mountain skiing, but remember the winter season is nearing its end for this year.

But yes, aim for scandinavian countries denmark,sweden,norway,finland.

You can always get a nice place if money isn't an issue, so choose by what you want to study and what place caters your needs. And it will be reasonable aswell when it comes to expenses.

Sightseeing is pretty easy as you can literally drive for an hour or two and be in another country, so you would make it back by night anyways :P

Oh and @@Pierce i saw you said you would like a place that isn't too cold and always raining, again countries around eastern sea(we call it Western Sea, swedish call it Eastern Sea). Latvia and Lithuanian not recommended. Rest are good to go, you can swim in the sea, they all got thousand lakes aswell, sandy beaches and ancient forests you can visit and have no reception holes, which means you can take a broadband(or phone with hotspot) in the middle of the swamps and keep up to date whats new on the brew.

The Cheapest of those countries is Estonia and it has everything as other Scandinavian countries our schools score into the top in the PISA tests aswell, minus the big mountains.

You can easily settle with denmark and take a 20minute ferry to norway/sweden should you ever feel like cross/mountain skiing, but remember the winter season is nearing its end for this year.

You can always get a nice place if money isn't an issue, so choose by what you want to study and what place caters your needs. And it will be reasonable aswell when it comes to expenses.

Sightseeing is pretty easy as you can literally drive for an hour or two and be in another country, so you would make it back by night anyways :P

Booze is expensive though, and the day/night rhythm is fucked so there is a lot of depression

Awesome man thanks! I'm thinking that by the time I actually do this, it will be between Copenhagen, Denmark (CBS), Amsterdam, Netherlands (ABS), or St. Gallen, Switzerland (University of St.Gallen). Will depend on my budget by then. Also not that it's that big of a deal, but where are the cooler/better looking girls? Can honestly say I don't see myself ever marrying an American girl. They're hot, but the divorce rate is so high so I think if I ever find a girl I'd seriously consider settling down with, it'd probably be during my semester in Europe. :P

Awesome man thanks! I'm thinking that by the time I actually do this, it will be between Copenhagen, Denmark (CBS), Amsterdam, Netherlands (ABS), or St. Gallen, Switzerland (University of St.Gallen). Will depend on my budget by then. Also not that it's that big of a deal, but where are the cooler/better looking girls? Can honestly say I don't see myself ever marrying an American girl. They're hot, but the divorce rate is so high so I think if I ever find a girl I'd seriously consider settling down with, it'd probably be during my semester in Europe. :P

put on your most expensive adidas/kappa tracksuit and hit the club :P

I think every country will boast about theirs but trust me, scandinavian countries man.

• 2 weeks later...