skinny.5 percentile cut or bulk

Rich Piana

title suppose to be skinny - f a t, cut or bulk:

i am 165 pounds i was 172 a month ago but i started cutting im on a strict diet , but i am 16% body  F A T when i was 172 i have a little belly after a few years working out which makes me want to bash my head into a wall idk why i eat healthy as a usain bolt on a high wage, and was wondering do i cut down to like 150 pounds where ill be 8% bf hopefully... and then do a clean bulk 200 surplus or just start clean bulking at 165 pounds idk what to do help me usain bolts @@James and other big ngigers

not sure if troll but

If you still have a belly at that weight, you may not be tracking your macros correctly or you aren't eating as good as you say you are. Do HIGHER intensity cardio daily (yes daily for about 30 minutes if you want to get lean, don't be afraid of losing your muscle, they aren't delicate snowflakes that will dissapear in a blink of the eye), keep a close eye on your desired macros, and maybe even cut back a little on your calories.

If you really want to get lean and shredded, you need to be ultra consistent with your macros and hit them every single day on the dot.

not sure if troll but

If you still have a belly at that weight, you may not be tracking your macros correctly or you aren't eating as good as you say you are. Do HIGHER intensity cardio daily (yes daily for about 30 minutes if you want to get lean, don't be afraid of losing your muscle, they aren't delicate snowflakes that will dissapear in a blink of the eye), keep a close eye on your desired macros, and maybe even cut back a little on your calories.

serious topic and thanks for ur  reply, like if i flex up, i look nice, but people say don't exceed 15% and i was at 16% and i want to be shredded.  but if i dont flex at all and let my belly out it looks like fkin brown sticky stuff and i dont like that at a relaxed state.  or is that how everyone looks without a flex to their abs.  but brown sticky stuff either way i have that higher body.5 percentile %.  is it worth going low in pounds down to like 145 , 150 just to get there

@uber

not sure if troll but

If you really want to get lean and shredded, you need to be ultra consistent with your macros and hit them every single day on the dot.

also my diet was changed as of may 1st for this cut to be a perfect diet.  im talking as clean as the pros.  revolves around chicken and brown rice, greens, and meal preps down the the calorie.  i know if i did a lean bulk from 8% i would look phenomenal in a years time with my diet, but getting there would leave me like a twig for quite some time im sure -- thoughts?

serious topic and thanks for ur  reply, like if i flex up, i look nice, but people say don't exceed 15% and i was at 16% and i want to be shredded.  but if i dont flex at all and let my belly out it looks like fkin brown sticky stuff and i dont like that at a relaxed state.  or is that how everyone looks without a flex to their abs.  but brown sticky stuff either way i have that higher body.5 percentile %.  is it worth going low in pounds down to like 145 , 150 just to get there

Just keep doing what you're doing, track your macros a little closer, do some sprints + jogging (I do mine on an empty stomach and fasted state in the mornings when I wake up) for 30 minutes every day and you will see results. When you get to the 10-15% range of body fat you start to see less progress (even though you still are making lots of it) and its easy to get discouraged and impatient. I wouldn't go too low on your body weight because once you get that low you will definitely see some loss in muscle.

Just keep doing what you're doing, track your macros a little closer, do some sprints + jogging (I do mine on an empty stomach and fasted state in the mornings when I wake up) for 30 minutes every day and you will see results. When you get to the 10-15% range of body.5 percentile you start to see less progress (even though you still are making lots of it) and its easy to get discouraged and impatient. I wouldn't go too low on your body weight because once you get that low you will definitely see some loss in muscle.

ok so u are saying to keep cutting until i get to 10% but dont go as far as 8? and then clean bulk from there?

ok so u are saying to keep cutting until i get to 10% but dont go as far as 8? and then clean bulk from there?

That's what I would do, but that's just me personally since I like to maintain muscle and still look lean rather than get as shredded as I can be. If you want to go lower its up to you and what you personally want :)

That's what I would do, but that's just me personally since I like to maintain muscle and still look lean rather than get as shredded as I can be. If you want to go lower its up to you and what you personally want :)

ok sounds good.  also what are ur thoughts on exercises during a cut - do u stick to low reps on everything to maintain strength? i usually do for example 3 sets 4-5 reps for strength then 2 sets 10-12 to get nice and juicy, should i stick with this or should i only do strength exercises 

ok sounds good.  also what are ur thoughts on exercises during a cut - do u stick to low reps on everything to maintain strength? i usually do for example 3 sets 4-5 reps for strength then 2 sets 10-12 to get nice and juicy, should i stick with this or should i only do strength exercises 

I always aim for strength no matter what I'm doing, and you do pretty much the same thing as me except I do my high rep sets before to get the pump going and also sorta stretch the muscles a bit.

I always aim for strength no matter what I'm doing, and you do pretty much the same thing as me except I do my high rep sets before to get the pump going and also sorta stretch the muscles a bit.

ok i guess ill stick with what Im doing and if i lose strength, i'll focus more on strength exercises thx for ur input helped me sort things out :)

If you're a beginner you can eat at a slight deficit and be able to recomp and lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Won't gain as much muscle as you would on a surplus but it just depends on what your goals are.

I'd say just start your surplus now because if you cut you'll just look like Skeletor but hey the ladies love the Bieber look.