As the days go by

WeaselMaker

1. Clans focus on their image in the "public" view to such an extent that they will sit in single, flame on sharkbrew, propaganda on sharkbrew. You can even go further with this, but I will not for sake of time.
  2. From using this site it seems that clans ultimately end up ruining their own reputation, or someone else tarnishes it through the same said above maneuvers (propaganda, flame). 
  3. There are alias accounts literally everywhere, with the sole mission, it seems, of creating disputes amongst one another.
  4. Events are seemingly near impossible due to the lack of community cooperation.
  5. There is no recruiting being done here, and if by chance there is some new blood that comes to these forums, I cannot imagine them enjoying anything about this place.

Not having this site will produce immediate results--decline in flaming,decline propaganda,grudges will slowly fade.

Once the grudges do fade, there will be a foundation needed to rebuild into a one community like years before.

During this process clans will focus on their own reputation, they will take more risks in wild as opposed to worrying about stepping out of single and seeing a topic in public view if anything goes wrong.

The form of communication for the time being would be in IRC, simple and to the point. Minimal margin for utter flaming and trolling. Some clans can even use each others forums if a big topic needs to be made such as fullouts or preps (like it used to be done).

I see the points being  made in this topic, and I think if you "weasel" through the language he uses and identify the positives you'll find yourself nodding your head. 

Everyone blaming the clans on the state of the pure clanning.. It's not the clans. Sure some bad clans might make it less fun, but in general it's because of the RS community as a whole, how the pure community is viewed, and how many people play the game, Which is much less than pre-eoc, considering the amount of players on Oldschool, the pure community isn't in a bad position at all. I remember seeing 200k people on at one time in pre-eoc, where clans pulled 100, And now with 20k people on a time, some clans still pull 50, I'd say thats excellent. (yes there were more clans back then but it's not a huge difference considering the numbers of players. 

I don't think the problem with the pure community is community sites like this, in the past they've worked very well and this website continues to be an efficient place for pures of all clans to have some common ground. Despite the downward spiral that the pure community is in and has been in since Pre EOC, Sharkbrew and before that Clan Warfare have continued to grow in the "07 era".

What these sort of websites are, however, are symbolic of the state of the community as a whole. Case in point; when the peak of the pure community was ongoing, community sites like this were exciting and entertaining to be a part of. I'll explain with pictures;

iYBKoTO.png

Note, the #6 ranked Pure Clan that weekend "only" pulled 50 people and is considered a low pull (keep in mind that after CP in the "rankings" that week were clans such as Fi, IR et cetera who also pulled 50+) - in todays community that would be an astronomical pull for a week to week PK trip and enough to comfortably take the #1 spot. 

Due to the high octane and enjoyable nature of the community, this displayed itself on the community forums in a very visible way; 

LRvOSgG.png

15k views and almost 500 replies, displaying just how interested people were in pure clanning in general. If we compare that to the interest in the PK trips of THIS era, where clans pull around 30 people for the most part...

2HWwZLJ.png

...It shows that there is definitely a correlation between the state of the pure community and the state of the community forums associated with that community. Its the same for Zybez Clan Discussion, and any other clanning forums, you'll find exactly the same results if you went and looked at oldschool ROT/DI/VR/DF topics and compared them to topics of today.

So now that we've established that community forums such as this are effectively mirrors of the pure community, what does THIS forum tell us about the community?

There are many things this forum tell us about the pure community, but I'll leave that to you guys to make your own judgements as the post would extend far too long if I was to name them all. An example of one point. Clans members are not interested in representing their own pure clan and use fake names etc so that they can troll and make other clans look cauliflower, but also as a defense mechanism so they don't get flamed. Using the mirror symbolism, this is shown by the fact that these same clans will then sit in single for their weekly PK trip so they can't possibly lose, so they don't get flamed. Its the same thought process.

Rather than working to win or beat other clans, the clans of today actively work the opposite way round so that they would rather they didn't lose, even if that comes at the cost of having no chance of winning.

The pure community will never live up to the dizzying heights of the past, because its a new generation of children leading clans and being members of clans who simply don't understand how pure clanning works and look at the clans of the past and think "hay dats cool, ill lead a clan too" without any semblance of what is required to build a community and clan. We were all kids once, even leading clans, but for the most part the clans of the past understood how to make and maintain a decent pure clan, taking notes from the clans that came before them. As the years have gone on, the pure clanning ideology has become diluted year by year (Starting with MM/FOE, moving onto clans like EOP, Fi, moving onto clans like E and DP, moving onto clans like Zenith etc, moving onto now with clans like BV and CV - the clans have progressively got less successful when using the same "MM Formula").

Back to the topic at hand, I believe clan sites like this do have a place, yet they evolve to mirror the pure community. And in a community like this, the banter and intelligence levelsis always bound to be terrible. There will always be a spot for forums like this as its the nature of competition to want to see how everyone else is doing. If it's that bad I guess people can just simply stop using the forum; its not as if its necessary to do so. 

Longer than I'd have thought, but hopefully I made my point; sites like this are mirrors of the pure community.

<least subtle post reminding people epidemic were #1 for a brief time i've seen in a while>

but while i'm here I may as well contribute to your post with the biggest topic (in terms of views/replies) in pure clanning history

2dme2wp.png

1. Clans focus on their image in the "public" view to such an extent that they will sit in single, flame on sharkbrew, propaganda on sharkbrew. You can even go further with this, but I will not for sake of time.
  2. From using this site it seems that clans ultimately end up ruining their own reputation, or someone else tarnishes it through the same said above maneuvers (propaganda, flame). 
  3. There are alias accounts literally everywhere, with the sole mission, it seems, of creating disputes amongst one another.
  4. Events are seemingly near impossible due to the lack of community cooperation.
  5. There is no recruiting being done here, and if by chance there is some new blood that comes to these forums, I cannot imagine them enjoying anything about this place.

Not having this site will produce immediate results--decline in flaming,decline propaganda,grudges will slowly fade.

Once the grudges do fade, there will be a foundation needed to rebuild into a one community like years before.

During this process clans will focus on their own reputation, they will take more risks in wild as opposed to worrying about stepping out of single and seeing a topic in public view if anything goes wrong.

The form of communication for the time being would be in IRC, simple and to the point. Minimal margin for utter flaming and trolling. Some clans can even use each others forums if a big topic needs to be made such as fullouts or preps (like it used to be done).

I see the points being  made in this topic, and I think if you "weasel" through the language he uses and identify the positives you'll find yourself nodding your head. 

During the brief periods between the closures of:

• pure warfare and rs warfare
  • rs warfare and clan warfare
  • clan warfare and sharkbrew

did not result in any sort of world peace treaty. Infact, propaganda and flaming were magnified as clans felt that they can post whatever they like on their own forums as there was no accountability, i.e. would their own clan members highlight errors in the aftermath topic timeline?

When the new forums came up, all these community sites experienced a burst of activity as people unleashed their bottled up flame against one another. It took a while before the flames naturally died down.

Community sites must exist for the purpose of letting clans vent their steam, however I agree with OP that this community is slowly going to fold. It is not a good sign for the community when establish clans close their doors. As the time goes by, jagex is just simply going to look at the numbers, and see that pure community is only 10% of the pking community, and then decide to introduce more updates to fuck the low def pures over.