Hello

Mattyb

Hello all,

My name is Mattyb. I am 21 years old and I first played Runescape 9-10 years ago. I haven't played with any real care in the last couple of years. I've only started playing again in the last 2 months at a casual rate of attending clan events on weekends and getting what I need for those events. Otherwise, I try to avoid Runescape.

My pure clan history:

I've been in pure clans/communities for over 7 years now, I believe. I first heard of pures on fan sites. I never realized what they were in game. I always thought they were noobs who couldn't afford gear.I made my first pure, Rok Lyk That, and then joined The Pure Forces. I was in that clan for a year when I was promoted to Leader before we closed. By that time, I had already gotten defense on Rok, so I was on my second pure, M4730. Everyone who was in TPF had wanted to join a clan together. We decided to join Corrupt Pures. I remember the first week we were there, we had won a FFA designed for clans that weren't in the top tier (FOE, FI, EOP, TLP, MM at the time). This was about a month before Bounty Hunter Crater had came out. A month into BH being out, CP had taken the number one spot in F2P. I had stayed in CP for almost a year before I had left due to planned inactivity. During the last couple months in CP, I was in a junior clan of sorts for them also on another pure named Dirt Wolf. The clan if I remember correctly was called The Merciless and was led by a member in CP. It was meant for lower levels (40-50). At this time, I was prepping for a planned break while I had surgery. I came back several months later and joined many of my friends in another low level clan called Evo Purez (the one led by Sirswat). I was in there for about 2 weeks before it closed. I was talked into founding a clan as the leader with people from EP. This clan was to be known was Veneratio. VO was open for over a year and a few months when I decided to close it. We kept the core group of people together and had clans pitch their clans to us. We joined Eruption of Pures. Joining EOP we faced an uphill battle. After several months of hard word, we were pulling in the 100's and we were #1 in F2P and moving steadily in P2P. What concluded was some of the finest weekend trips for the pure community that I think ever existed. I eventually reached High Council and then Banhammer (I was in charge of a strike system(I gave a strike to Old Pk3r)) during my time in EoP. I stepped down about 2 years ago, but still contribute to the community. I've been attending events over the past month and try to give back to the community whenever possible.

I try to stay out of the drama of clans now. I try to enjoy the game for what it is and generally respect other people for human beings. So no worries about any hostility. I keep it in the game.

I was a contributor on Pure Warfare. I wrote many of the skill guides found on that site, as well as some quest and other guides.

I'm going to college for Multimedia Design and Development. I enjoy every minute I get to do something that is involved with my major. My hobbies include playing video games, 3D design, and exploring sciences, such as psychology and sociology. I'm currently designing bits and pieces to a video game I am planning on eventually completing years down the road. Designing everything from the back story to actually modeling buildings and objects that will be used in the game.

Thank you all for reading.