Maybe I'm retarded

Chesty Puller

But I'm going to start this conversation again. I started a similar conversation like this on Zybez and I got a good amount of nods from the main community, at the same time I saw some skepticism and opposing views but I believe the main reason why It was opposed is because that forums is dominated by mains. This would be incredibly convenient especially because Quode and IVP are now making an attempt to save what's left of us.

The problem at hand is the fact that we are not growing as much as we should be. The Introduction of the LPC scene was a great boost to our community and really fertilized activity in this community. But now we are facing the issue of Lpc's and mpc's changing trips times and moving up etc. I will let others handle that matter.

My issue is growing this community. With talks being started again about the three bracket system we had in place back then I think this is opportune time to start talking about how we are going to grow our community and make it easier for new clans to grow and create successful communities. Slushpuppy currently has something in the works atm so growing the community is vital.

I want to see clans individually develop self sufficient systems of recruiting into their clans and into this community. I know the LPC scene has been pretty successful with the recruits, particularly CV but this community is declining faster than it's growing. I don't want this to be mistaken as "Mass recruiting" which is defined by many people to randomly recruit as many people into a cc, get them in ts and convince them to stick around until an event. I want the leadership of these clans to actually try to train these guys and get them involved in everything.

There are efficient systems out there to get recruits interested in the community. You can place a mentor system within your clan or just have daily events and have these guys attend. Whatever you want. The point is to spark interest within the runescape 07 community. There are still tens of thousands of people that play 07, more than half of them being pures.

Now Jagex does not allow us to advertise our forums or teamspeaks on their sites and this is a major handicap to our cause but if we could just increase our presence in game I think more people would take notice. We have tools available to us. The wilderness, populated areas and worlds ingame, Youtube, and our forums that could be used to inform new members on what's going and and to get them situated within your communities.

Kind of half assed this topic and I hope I got my point through. Not going to go into detail unless I get positive feedback and I know my opinion on this isn't the only one that matters. Reply with your opinions and either agree with me and support this with your ideas, or tell me how cauliflower I am and how bad my clans were. Either way I tried.

Well I mean people like zu/z/whoever has been around get really upset about recruiting, you can read the bottom quote from a zu member, IF CLANS DIDN'T RECRUIT THEN WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO TEAM! STOP RECRUITING!

People flame cv because they recruit, lol anyone that recruits is bad, fuck them, hope they close...

OMFG WHY DOESN'T ANYONE COME INTO OUR COMMUNITY!

Same people saying the same cauliflower things, contradicting themselves. Dr/A/Cv/Bv recruit new blood the rest of you are the kids that make fun of it. Chesty once you address your own clan you can address the community lol!

Well I mean people like zu/z/whoever has been around get really upset about recruiting, you can read the bottom quote from a zu member, IF CLANS DIDN'T RECRUIT THEN WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO TEAM! STOP RECRUITING!

People flame cv because they recruit, lol anyone that recruits is bad, fuck them, hope they close...

Same people saying the same cauliflower things, contradicting themselves. Dr/A/Cv/Bv recruit new blood the rest of you are the kids that make fun of it. Chesty once you address your own clan you can address the community lol!

I'm not in Zu though. Never was. Clanless T. B. H.

weird how I didn't even mention the clan your in and you claim your not in it lol!

Oh sorry. When you told me to address my own clan I figured you were talking about ZU since I did attend a few of their trips. Other than that I have no idea what you're talking about.

There has been alot of discussion about this in the last couple days and as a result its benefiting the site, which can be seen from the increase in number of visitors and topics and renewed interest in discussion rather than terrible topics that are frankly annoying to see. This forum in particular functions more or less as a micro version of the community at large, so its a step in the right direction and interesting to read also.

First things first, this community really isn't as bad as people make out. If you look at the Events Aftermath forum, there are tonnes of preps/minis/pk trips going on on a day to day basis. Far more than main clan events, and far more from the "other" pure scene in Fi/CP/EOP/FOE and the events that they have. This alternative scene really is the most active and competitive clanning scene in ALL of RS right now, which is a good thing considering we collectively built it from the ground up a couple of months ago. 

What I see, however, is huge potential for growth that is wasted because of questionable decisions on the part of the clan leaders. The majority of clans in this "LPC/MPC" scene seem to be happy to be mediocre pure clans and roll along without doing much to expand their clan, when if they opened their eyes they'd see there could be so much more. What these clans generally don't see is that the LPC scene consists of small preps and PK trips in which the clans pull like 20 or 30, when they COULD be having their clans pull much bigger numbers and having much more fun, be constantly growing, and be constantly evolving and cementing their legacy. Instead, apathy takes its toll and these leaders are afraid of failure; stunting the growth.

The building blocks need to be utilized in such a way that promotes the unification of the 4 original pure clans and this new breed of clans. Not only does this give the current MPC clans such as Zenith and Zerg Unit the opportunity to test themselves against clans such as EOP and get on the fast lane to growth, but also helps new clans open. These new clans need a place to open that helps them in their first few weeks and months, and new clans are the main tool that can be used to grow the community.

These current LPC/MPC clans are testament to that, if they didn't have the opportunity to flourish months ago we'd currently have only Fi, CP, FOE, and EOP as the pure community. It is ONLY because they had room to grow and develop competitive rivalry's with each other that they have, and as a result the community has expanded 10 fold. What worked for them will work in the future, and its important if any rapid expansion is to occur they need to look at what happened to them and see it needs to be a constant cycle. Zu fighting Nemesis for instance does little for either clan. Zu fighting EOP however, with the competition being far closer with a bit of a push, benefits both clans whilst alleviating the pressure on Nemesis.

The ideal position for that growth to occur would be three distinct tiers of clans. Breaking it down;

Fi

CP

FOE

EOP

Z

ZU

CV

SUP

DR

LT

BV

A

Nemesis

Remedy

UF

New clans enter here

Overlaps are what allow clans to improve, such as Z fighting EOP on weekends or whatever rather than being happy to fight clans such as BV over and over again (Or whatever) without much challenge. If Remedy were to get into a position to fight BV over and over again however, it'd benefit them in the long run.

I know there is trepidation about LPC/MPC clans wanting to be involved with CP/Fi/FOE/EOP, but inevitably the two communities are going to collide like it or not, its inevitable. And thats the root of the problem. It'd be awesome if they didn't and all of the above could occur without the influence of EOP/FI/CP/FOE but they will always remain and if thats the case, might as well use them for your own ends. The culture of "my clans the #1 LPC so I don't need to work on my clan" is not benefiting your clan but putting the brakes on, which will turn around and cause problems when clans such as Cp and EOP do decide to come knocking.

Sorry about the length, looking forward to discussion.

CV wouldn't have half the recruits they do if they actually made them apply.

There has been alot of discussion about this in the last couple days and as a result its benefiting the site, which can be seen from the increase in number of visitors and topics and renewed interest in discussion rather than terrible topics that are frankly annoying to see. This forum in particular functions more or less as a micro version of the community at large, so its a step in the right direction and interesting to read also.

First things first, this community really isn't as bad as people make out. If you look at the Events Aftermath forum, there are tonnes of preps/minis/pk trips going on on a day to day basis. Far more than main clan events, and far more from the "other" pure scene in Fi/CP/EOP/FOE and the events that they have. This alternative scene really is the most active and competitive clanning scene in ALL of RS right now, which is a good thing considering we collectively built it from the ground up a couple of months ago. 

What I see, however, is huge potential for growth that is wasted because of questionable decisions on the part of the clan leaders. The majority of clans in this "LPC/MPC" scene seem to be happy to be mediocre pure clans and roll along without doing much to expand their clan, when if they opened their eyes they'd see there could be so much more. What these clans generally don't see is that the LPC scene consists of small preps and PK trips in which the clans pull like 20 or 30, when they COULD be having their clans pull much bigger numbers and having much more fun, be constantly growing, and be constantly evolving and cementing their legacy. Instead, apathy takes its toll and these leaders are afraid of failure; stunting the growth.

The building blocks need to be utilized in such a way that promotes the unification of the 4 original pure clans and this new breed of clans. Not only does this give the current MPC clans such as Zenith and Zerg Unit the opportunity to test themselves against clans such as EOP and get on the fast lane to growth, but also helps new clans open. These new clans need a place to open that helps them in their first few weeks and months, and new clans are the main tool that can be used to grow the community.

These current LPC/MPC clans are testament to that, if they didn't have the opportunity to flourish months ago we'd currently have only Fi, CP, FOE, and EOP as the pure community. It is ONLY because they had room to grow and develop competitive rivalry's with each other that they have, and as a result the community has expanded 10 fold. What worked for them will work in the future, and its important if any rapid expansion is to occur they need to look at what happened to them and see it needs to be a constant cycle. Zu fighting Nemesis for instance does little for either clan. Zu fighting EOP however, with the competition being far closer with a bit of a push, benefits both clans whilst alleviating the pressure on Nemesis.

The ideal position for that growth to occur would be three distinct tiers of clans. Breaking it down;

Fi

CP

FOE

EOP

Z

ZU

CV

SUP

DR

LT

BV

A

Nemesis

Remedy

UF

New clans enter here

Overlaps are what allow clans to improve, such as Z fighting EOP on weekends or whatever rather than being happy to fight clans such as BV over and over again (Or whatever) without much challenge. If Remedy were to get into a position to fight BV over and over again however, it'd benefit them in the long run.

I know there is trepidation about LPC/MPC clans wanting to be involved with CP/Fi/FOE/EOP, but inevitably the two communities are going to collide like it or not, its inevitable. And thats the root of the problem. It'd be awesome if they didn't and all of the above could occur without the influence of EOP/FI/CP/FOE but they will always remain and if thats the case, might as well use them for your own ends. The culture of "my clans the #1 LPC so I don't need to work on my clan" is not benefiting your clan but putting the brakes on, which will turn around and cause problems when clans such as Cp and EOP do decide to come knocking.

Sorry about the length, looking forward to discussion.

You talk so much better than I do. I agree with you on all points but I am trying to broaden it a bit more. Even back in 2010 (which I consider to be the highlight of the Pure community) we never took advantage of the potential we had going for us. We were still a large community but compared to the RS playerbase and especially the Pure playerbase in RS at the time we were still a microbe compared RS as a whole. Our community is the most competitive and creative community in the game. I'm going to quote myself from a post earlier that Slushpuppy took down due to reasons being affiliated with Karl. "The Clanning community was totally unique and different than any other gaming community you have to understand that. It's important to preserve it. We were a community that created itself, we made our own rules and played by our own rules. We developed an effective warring style in a game that made no sense whatsoever. Communities that lead people to stay with each other till now. People stuck together and made lifelong friends out of each other. We were our own entity. Nobody can take credit for creating what we had and still have but US. Yeah we had trolls, every forums did lol. Especially gaming forums. It wasn't THAT bad. It just wasn't what it used to be. We were a community that evolved within itself with no help from Jagex whatsoever. We had the potential to advertise our community like nobody else and create a professional competitive community that fought each other for rankings. All we needed was the attention. It WAS good and I'd like to remember it.". There are reasons why our community was so big yet we barely ever advertised ourselves. MM and FOE were the only clans that really started youtube campaigns and look where that got them. They themselves created their own diverse communities. Unfortunately in the new era of our community MM is closed and FOE is currently struggling due to reasons I am not aware of. If we as a collective made an effort to expose ourselves to the RS community and spark interest in our community we will have influence on what goes on with this game. It's not just about having fun and fighting each other. To me It's a large opportunity to create something that will last for years to come. We have to lay the sod down and pull the weeds otherwise we will disappear.

Do something about it Chesty.

If anything the next step for all of these MPC's would be to eliminate Multi-clanning, which I know at least some are considering.

But honestly, there's no point fighting level 70/80's against 101's. Train real Pures and compete in a real Pure scene, ours. 

Do something about it Chesty.

If anything the next step for all of these MPC's would be to eliminate Multi-clanning, which I know at least some are considering.

But honestly, there's no point fighting level 70/80's against 101's. Train real Pures and compete in a real Pure scene, ours. 

I wouldn't be able to do anything alone. I'd need experienced people to come together and browse for ideas while at the same time clan leaders in different clans worked to promote their own clans. It's time we do something together.

And don't let this period of time go to waste. IVP is right. People in this community are starting to wake up and we are at a point to where we have the potential to make a large impact. Someone just needs to take initiative and posting on forums about this brown sticky stuff isn't going to do anything to help. We need to organize some sort of think tank to start promoting the community as a whole. We have a lot of power in our hands. I am more than willing to help out but like I said. I am not a clan leader atm and I don't have any real power. All I have is the ability to make topics trolls can flock to.

The first step to growth would be to eliminate multiclanning so you actually know where your clan stands power-wise, and how far you need to grow.

As many have said, we're going to collide eventually so make the problem go away now before you have to deal with it later.  Supremacy also tries to bring new recruits into the community, it is a tiring process but we've picked up many guys that are very useful and make great additions to our clan, you take some losses at first but you pick the wins up later, it's all about building towards the future.