Desktop View On Mobile & Community Events Manager

puppyslush

9i97GP8.png&key=d974377b61f53296d9fb606e

Desktop View On Mobile

IPB3 had a functionality where you can view the full site as you do on a computer. Unfortunately IPB4 took away that feature and instead used responsive design methodology. This unfortunately does not bode well with some users so I had to come up with a solution. This took me quite a while to figure out and I hope you all will enjoy it:

20180930_233626.JPG&key=92695e1763811fab

By Tapping on the "Desktop View" at the top of the site, users will be redirected to a version of Sharkbrew that is full width

20180930_233706.JPG&key=1896c7aae1af118c

You can switch back by tapping the "Mobile View" again.

Enjoy.

DzFixGs.png&key=01246a179ff4fb79f3311a97

As I had predicted a while back, the introduction of OSRS mobile has brought a lot of players back to Runescape. Unfortunately the PvP clanning community has not reaped any of the benefits of the increased played base. It also does not help that the preferred method for killing your rival clan is to starve them of action.. The community is shifting, players are getting older and the odds are stacked heavily against us. If we don't adapt, we might see the end of the community as we know it

What can we do about this?

Shakbrew will be capturing a greater population of the singles pking community with an update set to launch in late Oct/Nov. In the interim, I have noticed a greater number of people posting topics in clan advertisements, so we have came up with a new system to coax newcomers into clanning

Community Events Manager

Currently there are 3 managers;

@Chris-  - Who is helping the main scene

@Tannie & @Lord Ex - Who will be helping the pure scene.

What are roles?

Their role is to increase the activity in the community using varied methods.

Chris- has done a marvelous job with the weekly Sunday trip event. 

Tannie will be hosting occasional Open midweek PK trips combined with his karaoke sessions during AEST times

What are the goals?

We want to bring more people into the competitive community by slowly introducing them into our environment and giving them a chance to pick things up slowly without the stress of a clan leader breathing down their necks.

We also want to give members the opportunity to network with these new pures and who knows, you might recruit a couple to your clan.

If the prep starvation situation does not let up soon, we may be forming a community prep unit.

I Want To Become a Manager, Where Do I Apply?

Drop me a PM on discord or Sharkbrew