Wilderness and Matched

Genie

Hey everyone;

After lurking these forums for quite some time, I wanted to spark a conversation that has probably been had before.

There are two types of main events I guess you could say for pure clanning, matched (preps etc) and then weekend trips. It seems to me like most people only care about wilderness apparently, but my question is why? Should competing in a controlled, matched opts setting not be a more competitive display of who gets the best of who? Of course there's a few variables you could factor in, like main caller not being online, core members not etc, but why do so many people discredit matched fights and dismiss them as unimportant?

In any other competitive game, the settings are matched. 5v5 league, csgo. 4v4 call of duty. 15v15 battlefield. and so on and so forth. I believe this does show who can play on a level playing field as opposed to weekend trips (which are fun don't get me wrong) where whichever clan pulls higher is usually victorious. Is pulling higher the end goal?

Just wanted to see your opinions on it. Let's try to have a debate/discussion without too much flame, pals. :P

Well I'm going to go ahead and say that there will be flame on this thread, because there isn't a single thread on this forums that's not an ambassador application that doesn't have flame on it for one reason or another - have it be on or off topic.

I personally like clan wars where everyone is matched gear, matched rules, and matched ops most of the time. I like the wilderness because it's usually the most people pull during the week, and it's entertaining to see who can pull the most, handle the most, and there's always that one clan that is down ops and turns around a clan with 10+ ops on them or being teamed.

It's a matter of opinion, but when it comes down to it - if it's activity, I don't care what it looks like, I'm in for it.

Well I'm going to go ahead and say that there will be flame on this thread, because there isn't a single thread on this forums that's not an ambassador application that doesn't have flame on it for one reason or another - have it be on or off topic.

I personally like clan wars where everyone is matched gear, matched rules, and matched ops most of the time. I like the wilderness because it's usually the most people pull during the week, and it's entertaining to see who can pull the most, handle the most, and there's always that one clan that is down ops and turns around a clan with 10+ ops on them or being teamed.

It's a matter of opinion, but when it comes down to it - if it's activity, I don't care what it looks like, I'm in for it.

True, I completely understand. I enjoy both as well but I guess my main question is as follows;

Why do people dismiss things like preps or any other matched fight as if they don't matter?

True, I completely understand. I enjoy both as well but I guess my main question is as follows;

Why do people dismiss things like preps or any other matched fight as if they don't matter?

They probably cant win the preps and matched fights so they play it off as its not important

Maintain relevancy, have an upper hand on opponents, just being tomatos and saying that one clans win in a certain environment is bad because reasons x y and z, insert random generic vegetable name here and some sort of racist towel head comment.

Basically because people like to be argumentative and try to bring down each others clans.

I hate wilderness because u sit there for hours since everyone won't fight. It's sad. You get 5 minutes of action over 4 hours. I like clan wars because equal ops and you have to fight with a clear victory. Nuff said.

I hate wilderness because u sit there for hours since everyone won't fight. It's sad. You get 5 minutes of action over 4 hours. I like clan wars because equal ops and you have to fight with a clear victory. Nuff said.

its only about what clan u are in