More Competition, and a better Clanning Future!

Lenin

#post-1-0-77736400-1402374178.pngAmbassador

#Mediator

#Overseer

#Counselor

#UyO5XIc.pngRespected

#Retired

Hello fello' clanners.

Just want to say before anything I hope you take this seriously because I am serious about of all this and am willing to put the effort and money, and together we can give rise to a revolutionized clanning era.

I'm sure a good % of the community as well as other clanning communities watch and enjoy other professional game's championships/leagues like for CS:GO and LoL. Have you ever thought what it would be like for RS?

Basically, I want to start a new project integrating various communities, streamers and clans, and host yearly tournaments much like the JCup but with various other rewards including $ prize.

I wasn't joking when I said I want to contact, or create an appointment at the Jagex HQ. I want to ask them to see if they're interested - with their help this will be much better/official. Without though, it will be difficult and we'll depend on the communities support.

I'll try to make it short for less no asks/reads.

How will this work?

I will create a website/script allowing us to select various streamers to host clan fights/tournaments including a ladder system for the yearly tournaments (ofc. with a modern gaming design). This will obviously draw views/subscriptions to the streamers as well. It will allow us to both host and handle the fights and give others a preview of it without logging in and other hassles. It will also draw in people who aren't active in clanning.

How will this benefit my clan?

Clans will be given rewards/benefits regardless of winning or not. Competing clans will be given an experience tracker for the entire year, and will generate views/reputation depending on your performance. The winning clan will receive a $ prize, recognition on the index page with signatures etc.

For the $ prize I'm still thinking about how I could split the earnings and who they will go to.

For the first few times it will be possibly $500 to $2k. Two major tournaments will play out, pure and main. Any clan can entire as long as they are active in events and in their respected type community i.e. pure/main etc. and tier i.e. mpc/hpc etc.

You must also understand that if we treat this seriously and give it the views/support, clanning will grow and more focus from RS will be required since more people play for it. You'll also have clans gaining larger member bases from the reputation and views.

What am I planning to do?

I'm still gathering a lot of resources/data for the base of this project. I also need to stabilize the web development company I'm a part of - which will be the ultimate funding of this. I'm going to draw out sketches of interfaces/ideas for an enhanced clan-wars and a few other ideas to support this championship idea. I will create some questionnaires, get some feedback from clans and communities etc. and see if Jagex will take any of this seriously - If not we will have to depend on each other.

How will the tournaments/championships work?

I'm still figuring out how the $ will be spread if a clan wins because if its a large amount people can betray one another. Also, I want to spread this $ across all the members who were active in the championship/league rather than the entire ml.

This is how I'm thinking it will work. I will write a script to randomly generate fights between all clans that enter in either server (P2P or F2P) with a point system. The top clans (based on how many that enter e.g. out of 8 clans = top 4 etc.) will fight at the end. Again I'm still thinking about how this will all work.

How can we help?

For the time being I just need your support and enthusiasm. In a few weeks or so I will release some more stuff for you to see.

Remember, these are the steps we all should take to make all of our efforts more fun and rewarding.

Thank you, I hope you took this seriously.

Jagex is going to look at this as some sort of money opportunity to squeeze the last little bit of money they can out of the game. The idea as a whole sounds good from the ground - up, but you and I both know that Jagex is going to look at this and either say "lol no." or say "Okay, I like the idea, but let's do it this way." and it's going to be merely a shell of what your initial ideas on this thread are, and the outcome is going to be something that's similar to the Jagex Cup where it's hit off the first chance someone gets of streaming it.

If Jagex can hardly manage their Q&A streams without being hit off by some kid with a $12 booter they purchased off some website called "fuckwitme.booterman93.net" then there's no way they're going to be able to support the clanning communities needs when it comes to more exposure than it's currently receiving. 

You're better off entirely scrapping trying to get a foot hold with Jagex and focusing on something you can work with which is this site & the access you have to everybody on it including @@slushpuppy & the other staff.

@ I like the idea and Jagex have been looking for some type of esport related event, a suggestion I have is to make this clanwars only based, and for the maps to be random (so not every fight is a 100v100 on plateau). This would make for some creative strategies on uncommon maps making the fights more skill based and more entertaining.

@ you started clanning in 2016, nobodys going to take you seriously you newbundle of twigs.

& you're in a clan that hands out elder contracts to anybody and everybody and then complains when you have spies and when people leave the CC for gp.

Nobody is going to take you seriously.

What's the difference between this and the Jcup?  

$ prize for the winners alongside others, and a network for streamers/clanners to enhance their memberbase etc. Please read the entire topic.

Jagex is going to look at this as some sort of money opportunity to squeeze the last little bit of money they can out of the game. The idea as a whole sounds good from the ground - up, but you and I both know that Jagex is going to look at this and either say "lol no." or say "Okay, I like the idea, but let's do it this way." and it's going to be merely a shell of what your initial ideas on this thread are, and the outcome is going to be something that's similar to the Jagex Cup where it's hit off the first chance someone gets of streaming it.

If Jagex can hardly manage their Q&A streams without being hit off by some kid with a $12 booter they purchased off some website called "fuckwitme.booterman93.net" then there's no way they're going to be able to support the clanning communities needs when it comes to more exposure than it's currently receiving. 

You're better off entirely scrapping trying to get a foot hold with Jagex and focusing on something you can work with which is this site & the access you have to everybody on it including @@slushpuppy & the other staff.

I know Jagex will probably ignore this. I still want to organize this all, start it and approach them to see what they think. Even some feedback would be nice.

I know what you mean, I will grab a few ideas from other security/hacking communities like hackforums and see if there are better ways of protecting those in the tournament. I even thought about purchasing a large amount of security software from local scripters etc. its all ideas rn.

I've talked to @@slushpuppy and he's down with this all, I've talked with some main clan ranks and they seem interested. I just need to start this all and show everyone the project. If there is very little support we scrap this all.

@ you started clanning in 2016, nobodys going to take you seriously.

& to this day has anyone tried something this big? Some main clans are actually interested in this.

I like your vision. 

Here is the problem:

If cp had the chance, right now, to close eop/fo, leak their leader boards, take their website offline for extended periods of time, then they would do it. This applies, vice versa to the other two clans. They absolutely hate each others' guts. In terms of fo, fi, cp and eop, which are all very old clans with enormously loyal veterans, they all remember how fierce the initial rivalries between their clans were, and how viciously they were fought - they simply aren't going to compete in a healthy sportsmanlike way with each other. Just look at weekends, it's a complete main fest, to get advantages over one another, by camping callers, leaders, prominent members of rival clans.

What you are proposing would need a complete and utter attitude shift in the pure community, from rival gangs who wouldn't give two brown sticky stuffs if their rivals died in their sleep, to sportsmen who were in it for the genuine, healthy, competition. The latter is what makes csgo and league competitions possible.

Best of luck trying to change this community, but the resistance you will face is absolutely ingrained in the fabric of every HPC. 

I like your vision. 

Here is the problem:

If cp had the chance, right now, to close eop/fo, leak their leader boards, take their website offline for extended periods of time, then they would do it. This applies, vice versa to the other two clans. They absolutely hate each others' guts. In terms of fo, fi, cp and eop, which are all very old clans with enormously loyal veterans, they all remember how fierce the initial rivalries between their clans were, and how viciously they were fought - they simply aren't going to compete in a healthy sportsmanlike way with each other. Just look at weekends, it's a complete main fest, to get advantages over one another, by camping callers, leaders, prominent members of rival clans.

What you are proposing would need a complete and utter attitude shift in the pure community, from rival gangs who wouldn't give two brown sticky stuffs if their rivals died in their sleep, to sportsmen who were in it for the genuine, healthy, competition. The latter is what makes csgo and league competitions possible.

Best of luck trying to change this community, but the resistance you will face is absolutely ingrained in the fabric of every HPC. 

I've got a lot of ideas to secure the sportsmanship whether they like it or not. If Jagex helps the security will be greatly increased with some of my ideas.

Now without Jagex's help I considered purchasing security software/scripts at a large bundle and support clan's that enter and also methods to secure their network.

We'll try man.

I've got a lot of ideas to secure the sportsmanship whether they like it or not. If Jagex helps the security will be greatly increased with some of my ideas.

Now without Jagex's help I considered purchasing security software/scripts at a large bundle and support clan's that enter and also methods to secure their network.

We'll try man.

Ite dude, again you seem seriously committed to this, and you are gonna need to be to make it work. I just think the sportsmanlike attitude that exists in high level league and csgo just doesn't feature in this community, at all. 

& you're in a clan that hands out elder contracts to anybody and everybody and then complains when you have spies and when people leave the CC for gp.

Nobody is going to take you seriously.

WTApIV4.jpg

and he is still more knowledgeable than you and trying to do something helpful for the community...??

WTApIV4.jpg

$ prize for the winners alongside others, and a network for streamers/clanners to enhance their memberbase etc. Please read the entire topic.

You're misunderstanding.  These are all things they could do for the Jcup but don't.  Unless you were planning on putting in the money yourself.

Didnt @@slushpuppy tried to get in contact with jagex multitple times but they completely ignored him?

Yes he sent them an email, but it was about something else I believe. Hopefully they will be interested in this though.

OT: I like this idea and the thought you put into this @.

Whether Jagex helps us or not, I believe we can make this work (it will be harder if they don´t help though) as long as we execute every part of the process with agreement and patience rather than rushing things.

I like your vision. 

Here is the problem:

I agree with you man. If these guys expend money to leak boards, ddos and hack your oponents for a miseraly signature on a game-based forum, what they will do if is gonna have money include? Other thing @, i feel that RuneScape clanning is not a crazy and awesome thing to watch, just to play. I don't know if im wrong, but i remember when Jagex tried to host a championship and was super boring. RuneScape is very simple, that is no way that you could highlight plays and stuff, so i think is hard to get people's interest. I hope this project keep up and that you have success with this, and, if there is something that i could help, don't worry about bothering me to help @:)

@ I like the idea and Jagex have been looking for some type of esport related event, a suggestion I have is to make this clanwars only based, and for the maps to be random (so not every fight is a 100v100 on plateau). This would make for some creative strategies on uncommon maps making the fights more skill based and more entertaining.

Thats what I'm thinking exactly..