*Angelica Was Real! Urban Legend And The True Story Behind The Rugrats*

Kenan N Kel

I think it’s safe to say that as one of most popular kid’s shows of all time theRugrats cartoon was a big part of many people’s childhood.

The adventures that the Rugrats babies got into, usually at the instigation ofAngelica the bully, was played every day on Nickelodeon and people loved it.

But I gotta admit that I never thought about what the story behind the Rugrats could be until I got an email the other day from a reader named Jessica G. who asked:

Do you know whether the story about the 
Truth Behind The Rugrats
 is true or not?

I’ve read a few stories but they’re pretty much the same. I don’t want to believe that it’s true because I loved the Rugrats as I was growing up. Please enlighten me.

What story could this be? I hadn’t heard anything so I set out to do some research, what I found out was pretty shocking…

THE RUGRATS THEORY

It turns out that there’s a huge story that’s been going around about the real kids behind the Rugrats. Or actually, the story says only one child, Angelica, is real and the other kids are figments of her tormented imagination.

The story is called The Rugrats Theory:

The Rugrats were really a figment of Angelica’s imagination.

Chuckie died
 a long time ago along with his mother, that’s why Chaz is such a nervous wreck all the time.

Tommy was stillborn and his dad Stu is in constant denial about it. So that’s why Stu is always in the basement making toys for the son who never had a chance to live.

The DeVilles had an abortion. 
Angelica couldn’t figure out
whether it would have been a boy or a girl so she just made them twins named Phil and Lil.

The Rugrats Theory goes on like that, explaining things like how Angelica made her doll Cynthia look and act like her real mother, who one day just up and left the family and eventually got replaced by a very busy stepmother.

And how as she grew up she couldn’t handle all the tragedies that were happening around her so she fell deeper and deeper into her imaginary world as a way of not losing her mind. But it was already too late and she developed full blown multiple-personality disorder.

The Rugrats Theory is a pretty intense story and has become huge on Tumblr and Facebook, usually causing people who read the story to say â€œYou’ve just ruined my childhood!†and that kind of thing.

I looked into it though and I’m happy to report that the story is an urban legend. Well…except for one thing, Angelica actually was a real girl.

THE REAL ANGELICA

Turns out that as a kid the real Angelica used to bully a guy named Paul Germain, the person who came up with the idea for the Rugrats.

She bullied him so much that he never forgot about her and when the Rugrats show needed a character to mix things up he put her in as the villain.

Some of the other people who worked on the show weren’t happy with Angelica being so real though, they thought that she should be nicer on the show and not say things like â€œYou dumb babies!†all the time or do stuff like throw Tommy’s ball over the backyard fence.

But the guy who was bullied by the real Angelica fought hard to keep her character on the show more realistic. He thought that kids would understandwhat a real bully was like and benefit from seeing the reasons behind why she might be acting like that (like her parents being too busy to pay attention to her and spoiling her with toys instead).

Personally I think it’s kind of ironic that the guy who was bullied by Angelica in real life ended up fighting for her to be in the show. But I’m glad he did.

Even though she was a bully her actions were often the fuel for the the show and kept the other kids working together in their adventures. The Rugrats wouldn’t have been the same without her, don’t you think?

Thanks, very interesting. Can I request a topic on the Pokemon world being Ash's dream while he's in a coma? Thought it was a cool theory.

If you want I can make a topic about the history of Reign of terror and why they're the best damn clan in all of Runescape.

Thanks, very interesting. Can I request a topic on the Pokemon world being Ash's dream while he's in a coma? Thought it was a cool theory.

If you want I can make a topic about the history of Reign of terror and why they're the best damn clan in all of Runescape.

lmfao