Pure Clan Ranking idea..

Batman

@@Quode

most clan's wont participate because it will be ran by people who arn't respected in the community, will be bias to certain number's of clans and alot of blackhat activities will happen for clans desperate for a win

maybe if a legend like @@Ivp hosted it but i doubt most clans would participate if it was on these forums

I don't really trust the member list idea. Even if we did this most clans will ddos to win. I'm saying this because we have experienced this a lot. It would be nice if this community come together but it never will, because none of the leaders trust other clans therefore I don't think this would work. School started and most people would be at school and might not play after school, most people have work and might not play do to work. Most clans won't able to pull 40 with no invites. I'm just saying it's a bust, but if the community sees that most clans start joining this tournament it might actually work and convience other clans to join in. I hope you guys get my point but it's just what I think. And please flame off

this is cauliflower. Sorry you wasted your time.

I actually did not waste my time on this I actually think this is a good idea. And who are you to judge me? I'm just putting in my opinion if you don't like it please just let it go and don't say nothing about it. Thank you.

Hence the member list addition, to counter multi clanning which is all being a lpc means now. And don't speak for other clan leaders - you are not them. Even if FOE, EOP, CP or any other clan decides not to sign up they have no chance on truly proving their position lol. Not my loss not your loss not anyone's loss but the clan that decides they're not good enough to put their name on a list and fight for their self-claims of undisputed #1. It also gives clans incentive to get better. I garauntee you clans do not sign up will remain constant but clans that do will get better. This is to increase competition and boost how hard a clan tries. This will make the game fun again an clans will sign up. Stop being the spokesperson for the older clans and get on somewhere. You're like 14 there is no way you know what a 21 year old thinks about this list. You are now put on the same list as @, your input is meaningless.

I think your idea is meaningless. I'm just giving my opinion. And I'm not 14 FYI

But if you want my serious opinion, in the many years i've been in the community i've seen lists like this implemented numerous times, yet they nearly always fail.

Yet I honestly can't work out any other reason for their failure than that clans get scared to lose, the weaker clan nearly always declines the war and would rather drop a ranking than lose a full out.

@@Quode ill be honest im done trying to persuade these guys on a fucking forums. If I feel strongly about something sure ill rant about it, but for now I think the best way is to set an example with my clan and fight the uphill battle. Anyone's who's interested in joining me on this register at www.vandalise-rs.com :)

And oh yeah about ddosing it's easy to dispute that. When vidders record the fight they can "record audio" if they have audio recorded and a visual of the teamspeak getting hit off the clan that ddosed will be automatically disqualified and not allowed to challenge for the next 2 weeks unless they redo the round. It's not hard to fix problems. You just need to be open minded before you reject an idea completely.

But what about this, Clan 1 preps Clan 2. Clan 2 gets ddosed. Clan 3 hates clan 1. Clan 2 wins the fight because clan 1 is disqualified, (for ddosing)  thus moving up in rank.  But really it was clan 3 that ddosed clan 2, Thus keeping Clan 1 down. 

You would need proof that a certain person ddosed you and just proof of being ddosed. 

So what should happen is if a clan has proof of being ddosed they can either reschedule the fight or just leave it as it and discount the fight.

But what about this, Clan 1 preps Clan 2. Clan 2 gets ddosed. Clan 3 hates clan 1. Clan 2 wins the fight because clan 1 is disqualified, (for ddosing)  thus moving up in rank.  But really it was clan 3 that ddosed clan 2, Thus keeping Clan 1 down. 

You would need proof that a certain person ddosed you and just proof of being ddosed. 

So what should happen is if a clan has proof of being ddosed they can either reschedule the fight or just leave it as it and discount the fight.

^

like what would happen if cp prepped fi and cp's teamspeak was hit of all rounds (happens 70% of the time we prep them) but we know it's not fi

just going to be the clan with the biggest ego using blackhat methods to try and get n1

^

like what would happen if cp prepped fi and cp's teamspeak was hit of all rounds (happens 70% of the time we prep them) but we know it's not fi

just going to be the clan with the biggest ego using blackhat methods to try and get n1

that would suck. Best bet though is to do exactly what I said. Fi would be required to redo. Cp would be required to have proof. I already explained this.

what would happen if the ts/members consistently got hit off?

that wouldn't happen. More than likely the clan ddosing will give up after they see the clans redo. If not then reschedule. And if not be smarter and find a public ts.

that wouldn't happen. More than likely the clan ddosing will give up after they see the clans redo. If not then reschedule. And if not be smarter and find a public ts.

And if all else fails take a loss with grace then realize your clan is not the best.

And if all else fails take a loss with grace then realize your clan is not the best.

how would your clan not be the best if you were consistnetly ddosed?

Are you saying the best clan is the one who can ddos for the longest/has the will who keeps doing it?

i'd prefer the return of pct under the site it originally came from, that worked well

It's a good idea in theory, but it seems to have the same pitfalls as the RAW list and stuff in which clans would skirt around the edges of it in order not to lose, not to mention stuff like the Z vs IR fullout years back is pretty much the blueprint as to what happens in full out wars these days, unfortunately. So that category at least would be hard to make work properly. The matched categories are far easier to control and make fair, however. I'd like to see the community come together to formulate a RAW list that works because it CAN be a valuable tool for a community, but thats another discussion entirely i guess.

We've been brainstorming a couple ideas about something similar for a new wave of low level clans in the same mold as the thing we did in April (IE, 5ish new clans opening on same date, some combat requirements in place) but obviously learning from the mistakes that were made last time. Currently the consensus is that rather than having separate trip times that segregated the community, we'd set up a weekly fight system on a 8 week schedule in clan wars that'd basically function as guaranteed weekly fights for these clans, on a day that isn't Saturday. Guaranteed fights with a definitive winner and loser is what allows clans to grow, and clan wars is the perfect place for that.

Basically, the reason the last batch worked is because the new clans had somewhere to fight outside of the influence of stronger clans in order to give them room to grow, however back then there was no clan wars and now there is. All clans would be matched up on a schedule, with week 1 being a 10 vs 10 maximum (IE, if you pulled 7, your gonna have to fight 7 vs 10, but if the other clan pulls 13 theyd have to sit 3). Week 2 would be 15 vs 15 maximum/Week 3 20 vs 20 maximum/ week 4 25 vs 25 maximum, etc. A weekly progression to promote community growth rather than a monopoly by a single clan. The system we'd be using would be a sort of league table, with 3 points for winning a round, and 1 point for participation.

The clans without large memberbases and/or multi clanner low level clans would thus still be able to compete in the early weeks as 10 people isn't too difficult of a task. For the week after, they'd have to recruit another 5 people, the week after that another 5, and so on. These baby steps would invite new people into the community whilst simultaneously bolstering the strength of the clan, and by the end of the 8 week period theoretically there would be another 5+ clans that were taking part in 30 vs 30's at the least.

At this point, if it went well, there would be 20+ pure clans for the first time since 2007, and there would be distinctive sets of clan strength that provides easy entry for new clans at any point (IE, brand new low level clans could open and have people to fight, or a brand new mid tier clan could open and still have people to fight) which would go far in helping to expand the community.

Using it for LPC clans would be a trial run of sorts and if it worked out well we'd probably organize another 'season' of it for every clan to be involved with.

how would your clan not be the best if you were consistnetly ddosed?

Are you saying the best clan is the one who can ddos for the longest/has the will who keeps doing it?

i'd prefer the return of pct under the site it originally came from, that worked well

No I'm saying it sucks that you can't win without ts. Obv not the best.

• 1 month later...

Would be interested in seeing something that all the clans actually participate in to see who's the best, not sure this idea quite hits it but you have the right idea.

nice quote fking tomato.

This makes sense and reminds me of the old RAW list and process by which it was done.

I think as long as ranks in clans arent lazy fucks this can be done smoothly.