Clan Wars - 2017 & Beyond.

Tyendinaga

-  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Seasonal cycles concluding in a tournament every 4 months?

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstain

EDIT: Since people seem to be misunderstanding the current ELO ladder is not going away. This is a method to seed clans for events that will take place on a seasonal basis. 

Around 3 months ago I asked for feedback from the sb community about the state of pure clanning in general which can be read here: http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/23853-

Much has changed since then. We now have a multitude of HPC's: OP, Rage, Ruin, & Apex have joined the ranks of the existing HPC's keen on leaving their mark. With uB on the horizon, the period of activity brought on from so many in a bracket, combined with soon to be holidays could be a very successful period for pure clanning. That said, there is much to be desired as far as overall activity goes as well as community relations. While I still maintain the opinion that it is up to the community to moderate themselves, the opportunity for players to step in and create the change they wish to see in clanning will always be there. 

This brings us to clan wars. While sharkbrew currently utilizes a ladder system that, fortunately, gives a semblance of an idea of who is top dog and positioned where, there is no end goal to the placings. even worse, there is no quantifiable measure to indicate who is hot when, and for how long. Pure clanning is a constantly shifting structure in regards to which clans are performing and which are not up to par. As such, some sort of modified version of the current system would appear to be viable. 

Beginning next year I would like to introduce Seasonal ladders for CLW: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter to exist alongside the current ELO ladder. 

During each season, clans are seeded on a ladder based on their total wins relative to the rest of the bracket. Unlike the current ELO ladder, losing a prep does not cost you any points. At the end of the season, clans will be placed against each other tournament style based on their seeds. Due to the complications of attempting to combine both F2P and P2P preps into one system I will keep the tournaments for each separate. 

Bear in mind there are many factors to take into account such as declaring for a clans seed, armor caps, and other rules/restrictions. Regardless, my goal for this is to encourage clans to prep one another - obviously, the better your seed, the better your supposed chances in the tournament. 

Winter Tournament details also to come soon. Please provide me your feedback and suggestions for such a ranking system and seasonal tournaments. Thank you.

-Tyen 

if it were like LCS where theres 10 Clans (Teams). I only think it should be Spring/Summer since thats when people start getting off of school n brown sticky stuff

FOE
Rage
CP
EOP
CD(?)
Olympus
Supremacy
Ruin
Apex
Unbreakable

Over the season the clans fight each other twice over the season(One P2P one F2P). playoffs is top 6 teams. 1st & 2nd clans get seeded into semi's.

Would be cool but would never happen

it's fine the way it is tbh

Yep, why change something when its been the same way for the past 6+ years or so? Clans will still get their own fights and own preps regardless of what website mods tell them to get. 

Not everyone will participate in this "tourny", defeating the whole purpose of the elo ladder that is the backbone of this idea.

Yep, why change something when its been the same way for the past 6+ years or so? Clans will still get their own fights and own preps regardless of what website mods tell them to get. 

Not everyone will participate in this "tourny", defeating the whole purpose of the elo ladder that is the backbone of this idea.

it's not entirely replacing the ELO ladder. It's a way to seed clans for seasonal tournaments and the two will exist alongside one another. I should have clarified this more clearly.

There's no need to change anything nothing is wrong or broken with the current system.

At the end of the day Sharkbrew is just a third party Runescape discussion website, clans don't have to nor need to abide by any rules or ideas set in place by a moderator of said site.

Props for trying to improve the scenes/community but there's no need for this.

if it were like LCS where theres 10 Clans (Teams). I only think it should be Spring/Summer since thats when people start getting off of school n brown sticky stuff

FOE

Rage

CP

EOP

CD(?)

Olympus

Supremacy

Ruin

Apex

Unbreakable

Over the season the clans fight each other twice over the season(One P2P one F2P). playoffs is top 6 teams. 1st & 2nd clans get seeded into semi's.

Would be cool but would never happen

I like dis