Prayer vs Defense poll

Lufffy

111 members have voted

1. 1. Whats better for an account in clan wars?

• Prayer
    • Defense

if you're 52 prayer getting piled with everyone with smite up (which is what happens unless a team is broccolied) then you will get smited no doubt regardless of a karambwan, and the more opts in a mini will of course increase your chances of getting smited, when 4 people are on you with smite, everytime you can eat your food you literally have to super restore or the next food tick results in your prayer dropping. if you're talking about a prep though i completely agree with you 'cos smiting isn't really a factor in preps lol

The problem with the smited argument is that when you're 99 prayer and drained down, most warrers tend to camp low prayer (around the 50 mark). Yes they get some extra prayer points restored each time due to the high level, however it's rare these days for people with high prayer to camp high prayer because they assume they'll never get smited etc etc etc. People at 99 Prayer get smited just as easily with 4 people on them, with 1 Defence you take in more damage. As we've all seen in the HPC scene, 39 Defence does provide quite noticeable benefits and it was very rare for a group of 1 Defence accounts to take down a group of 39 Deffers.

Defence does and always will provide more of an advantage to the player, especially since it also aids for the styles you aren't protecting against (most of the time you're tanking all styles).

The problem with the smited argument is that when you're 99 prayer and drained down, most warrers tend to camp low prayer (around the 50 mark). Yes they get some extra prayer points restored each time due to the high level, however it's rare these days for people with high prayer to camp high prayer because they assume they'll never get smited etc etc etc. People at 99 Prayer get smited just as easily with 4 people on them, with 1 Defence you take in more damage. As we've all seen in the HPC scene, 39 Defence does provide quite noticeable benefits and it was very rare for a group of 1 Defence accounts to take down a group of 39 Deffers.

Defence does and always will provide more of an advantage to the player, especially since it also aids for the styles you aren't protecting against (most of the time you're tanking all styles).

In atleast a p2p mini, 5 52 prayer 39 def accs vs 5 1 def 99 pray accs, i'm pretty certain that the 1 def 99 prayer accs will prevail, although I agree defence is definitely noticeable. As for the 99 prayer thing, let's assume that everyone is actually good at the game lol

prayer is 2x better than def from a 1-39 aspect on defence and a 52>99 on prayer for f2p preps and p2p preps 

reasons:

f2p; can use 10%s for almost all of the prep maybe even 15s 

p2p: smaller chance of getting smited more prayer points per dose of super rest causing you to drink less often and getting 1.5x the prayer 

now for tyendausain bolt,

in p2p prep gear for an n ranger hitting another n ranger 1 def vs 20 def it is a 9% incrase of a 0 so 1 out of 10 hits from (~80% drops to 70%) chance to hit a 0.  that is with melee with range it is even less (i think a 3 or 4%) 

so would you rather have that or to not get smited idk mine leans to not getting smited tbh

in f2p preps having your prayer is even more to your advantage because of boosting your str and range lvls which are already 99 giving you much more dps than your opponent (assuming person with 99 prayer is fighting someone with 20 def odds are in the person with prayers favor)

TLDR: if you say defence you're wrong lmfao

prayer rewards u for being a gamer and using ur prayers while defence rewards bados not changing prays

prayer is 2x better than def from a 1-39 aspect on defence and a 52>99 on prayer for f2p preps and p2p preps 

reasons:

f2p; can use 10%s for almost all of the prep maybe even 15s 

p2p: smaller chance of getting smited more prayer points per dose of super rest causing you to drink less often and getting 1.5x the prayer 

now for tyendausain bolt,

in p2p prep gear for an n ranger hitting another n ranger 1 def vs 20 def it is a 9% incrase of a 0 so 1 out of 10 hits from (~80% drops to 70%) chance to hit a 0.  that is with melee with range it is even less (i think a 3 or 4%) 

so would you rather have that or to not get smited idk mine leans to not getting smited tbh

in f2p preps having your prayer is even more to your advantage because of boosting your str and range lvls which are already 99 giving you much more dps than your opponent (assuming person with 99 prayer is fighting someone with 20 def odds are in the person with prayers favor)

TLDR: if you say defence you're wrong lmfao

u ref'd 20 def but the question was 39 def so u wasted alot of time writing that just to be wrong...

next time work smarter not harder lmfao 

u ref'd 20 def but the question was 39 def so u wasted alot of time writing that just to be wrong...

he was referencing the fact that apex had a 20 defence account in a 10v10 mini compared to the opposing team having two 99 prayer, 95+ combat accounts  but ye 99 prayer would still brown sticky stuff on 39 defence because it's only a 26% increase on the chance to hit a 0 from 1-39, Gl tanking on 52 prayer acc lmao idc who you are but if you get smited on any pure account ur most likely ded

all of it is coming up b/c apex brought in 1 person in a 10v10 p2p minis team instinct while they had 3 accpetions over 100 cb thats why i used 20 def, so ye heh

Am 99 pray its nice but doesnt help when tanking ags specs with pray range

ags has a 97% chance to not hit a 0 on 1def with given n range def bonuses on 1 def and a 93% chance i think with 20.

prayer is a lot better than def lol

As someone with a maxed 88 combat account with 99 prayer, it's only hurting the scene whenever people go out their way to get 99 attack & prayer. This is only encourage other people to aim for 101.

I'd rather we'd have a 89 combat cap over a 1-5 def cap. If my first pure ever gets unbanned I might aswell get 99 att/pray too