An Active, Honourable Pure Clanning Scene [uLPC]

Sandra

4 minutes ago, Aysix said:

We bring tanks ingame cause our leader's whole family got dox'd. What do you expect Mr Hormone? That FO just not get the treatment for their wrong doings? 

Idk and I really don't care. I'm just saying because of the way kids are nowadays they simply don't care and will make sure they do anything for a win. ( Not saying EOP can't win w/out mains ) just saying Sandra's ideas aren't going to work because the way kids are on this game lol.

53 minutes ago, Hormone said:

Idk and I really don't care. I'm just saying because of the way kids are nowadays they simply don't care and will make sure they do anything for a win. ( Not saying EOP can't win w/out mains ) just saying Sandra's ideas aren't going to work because the way kids are on this game lol.

I completely agree with you, just don't put EOP's name in the "cancer" when you don't know the whole story. 

Instead of trying to better the scenes we have now, lets just make a new (yet worst) one!

I adore your thought Sandra but this is really broccolied lol. First of all most people who play nowadays just barely find the time to make trips, and those who have extra time and are willing to spend extra time playing runescape on their weekends (lol) are already in a xLPC for that exact reason. 3 scenes is just way too much and nobody is going to want to sit at their computer all day and go pking for that long. Also, the low combat cap wouldn't last long because training would be extremely quick at this stage and before you know it you will have people over the combat cap in no time. Yes it is easy to re-train an account but all of us are already sick of making new accounts anyways....you will see people on their xLPC accounts using their account for the "new scene" in no time. Another big thing is the fact that there are so many tomatos in this community, changing scenes or using lower leveled accounts will not change their behavior and even if it does, it will only be a matter of time before we get into rivalries and things start heating up and then everybody will be back to their old ways.

I could go on and on about the cons of this idea but I don't have the time, this post is already longer than I intended it to be.

14 hours ago, Old said:

Instead of trying to better the scenes we have now, lets just make a new (yet worst) one!

I adore your thought Sandra but this is really broccolied lol. First of all most people who play nowadays just barely find the time to make trips, and those who have extra time and are willing to spend extra time playing runescape on their weekends (lol) are already in a xLPC for that exact reason. 3 scenes is just way too much and nobody is going to want to sit at their computer all day and go pking for that long. Also, the low combat cap wouldn't last long because training would be extremely quick at this stage and before you know it you will have people over the combat cap in no time. Yes it is easy to re-train an account but all of us are already sick of making new accounts anyways....you will see people on their xLPC accounts using their account for the "new scene" in no time. Another big thing is the fact that there are so many tomatos in this community, changing scenes or using lower leveled accounts will not change their behavior and even if it does, it will only be a matter of time before we get into rivalries and things start heating up and then everybody will be back to their old ways.

I could go on and on about the cons of this idea but I don't have the time, this post is already longer than I intended it to be.

Without proper rules and teamwork regarding upholding said rules the current scenes won't become better. Implementing stricter rules into the xLPC and LPC won't work, because a lot of ranks in a couple of clans would protest heavily. Hence it might be better to start freshly at the bottom, without forcing anything on the xLPC and LPC scene. We can all agree that our current LPC scene has turned into a rather terrible scene in which mains, doxing, ddosing, and hacking are the norm. All because of a couple of clans and individuals. If clan leaders in the majority of the LPC's aren't willing to co-operate regarding this pestilence I see no hope for the LPC scene. The xLPC scene seems to be in a much better shape, but mains and tanks are already infesting that scene. Luckily a couple of xLPC's are working together in order to deal with said pestilence. But as you and I both know this depends on the mindset of the ranks. If they're not ready to uphold a few rules by working together (yes even when they're in a rivalry) the current pure community is doomed. You have the power to influence the clan you're representing, to make things better. I greatly respect you, but I haven't seen you make an effort to do so. I also feel it's not my job to do so, since I'm not in any clan, I'm an outsider. Sure, I can state my opinion, but words are just words if clan ranks won't take action. It only takes a couple of good conversations with all clan leaders involved, just like in the golden days, where all clans upheld a shared mindset of honour. A mindset that frowned upon crashing, about bringing mains, about ddosing and hacking. This mindset has disappeared, in our current era the mindset of "adapt or die" and "an eye for an eye" is maintained by most clans, making it even worse. Like I've said: start with your own clan and work together with other ranks if you want to make things better. Obviously the current mindset is failing miserably, it has, and will not improve enjoyment. If all it has made people enjoy clanning less. Now onto your other points.

Everybody knows that people multi-clan in this community, some prefer to join a xLPC as well, but others prefer to stick with their LPC. This might surprise you, but there are people who would actually prefer to join a uLPC instead of a xLPC or LPC clan, because they have fond memories of clanning at a very low level. They simply couldn't, because there isn't an official scene, because individuals like you ridicule it. The main purpose of this scene would be to try and go back to the roots of pure clanning, which many people crave, even when they won't admit that. The second point would be to get new blood in this scene, because many pures start(ed) as low levelled pures. This is how the majority started pure clanning. In the end it's all about fun, which many people have forgotten. Clanning was all about honourable action, as you and I both know, and less about loot. And besides.. It's not up to you or me to decide if people should or shouldn't attend trips in three scenes. If they want to do so, let them. This scene would simply give more options to people and could potentially lead to a steady flow into the other scenes. 

Regarding the low combat bracket. Sure, I acknowledge that any team/clan would outlevel the cap in 1-2 days if they actively train their accounts. However, if they stop training at, let's say 38 combat, and only 'train' their accounts via multi pking, they can remain in the scene for a long time. Teams and clans could then decide whether they want to join the xLPC scene or train a new account if they want to remain in the scene. You do not speak for everybody regarding the motivation of people to train a new low combat pure. In fact, lots of people train new accounts all the time, and improve their pure in the LPC. 

While I agree that there are many rotten apples in this community I believe it's in the hands of clan ranks. Clan ranks hold the power to improve things and to abide by the rules, even in tense rivalries. It has worked in the past, again, even with intense rivalries. It can work again if clan ranks work together and agree on the rules. I will try to make sure that all team/clan ranks who want to be involved are on the same page by inviting them in a discord channel, where they can stay and discuss matters. However, in the end it's up to them to uphold the rules. Like I've said above: the changing mindset is what 'cursed' the pure community. Rather than thinking: "let's deal with this clan in-game together, with the help of Sharkbrew" people these days think it's better to copy clans who are ruining the pure community, making it even worse. Again: it's in the hands of the ranks. The right mindset amongst ranks could create a better pure communnity, that is enjoyable for all, or at least the majority.

12 hours ago, Pug said:

This scene would be probably the best tbh. You can create a "main" but they would do NO dmg to ruin fights or make clans feel threatened. 

I approve, lmk when you start a clan :P 

You can PM me to keep in touch (also via discord, I'm in the Skarkbrew discord).

11 hours ago, TheReal said:

Good way to bring new people into the community tbh

I believe this to be true as well. We all started as pures with a very low combat.

6 hours ago, Alex said:

ravage is coming

:o

9 minutes ago, Slave gf said:

so its bt and nbk who the 3rd

I don't believe I even included those 2. Those are, I believe, already existing W308 teams. I stated that there are already 3~ W308 teams in the 30-45 combat range. I know NBK is one of those already existing teams.

16 hours ago, Finest said:

push with black scimitars!

now that's sarcasm my friend

Doubtful. People would most likely use fire blasts and range. And I'm sure a lot of people would use mith-rune scims. And even if they do? So what. It's all about fun, which many people seem to have forgotten. People have lower HP and still do damage. Percentage wise it doesn't differ much from LPC clanning in F2P when we're looking at HP and damage hits. In the LPC scene clans hit higher, but have more hp. In the uLPC scene people hit less (even though fire blasts can hit 16) and have less HP. So it really evens it out. In fact I dare to say it's harder to tank 3-4 people in F2P in the uLPC scene than it is in the LPC scene, where people have pray and a higher HP lvl. 

11 minutes ago, Phebz said:

Really not sarcasm, that's serious stuff

It really isn't. If you stop training at lvl 35-38 it will take a lot of trips before you'll become lvl 45. You'd only reach lvl 45 fast if you actively train. Sure, I'll give you that, but so far the people who are interested have stated that their members wouldn't actively train. They would only 'train' via multi pking. 

2 minutes ago, Sandra said:

It really isn't. If you stop training at lvl 35-38 it will take a lot of trips before you'll become lvl 45. You'd only reach lvl 45 fast if you actively train. Sure, I'll give you that, but so far the people who are interested have stated that their members wouldn't actively train. They would only 'train' via multi pking. 

Sandra, i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and hope all of your plans succeed.

If they fail though, I got dibs on the first "I told you so."

Good luck! :)

8 minutes ago, Phebz said:

Sandra, i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and hope all of your plans succeed.

If they fail though, I got dibs on the first "I told you so."

Good luck! :)

You'd get a personal badge :lol:! I sure hope things work out. But it's all in the hands of clan/team leaders who need to work together to uphold the rules. 

Thank you!