What are your thoughts on anonymous accounts? (WE NEED YOUR INPUT)

Kim

What are your thoughts on anonymous accounts? (MAKE SURE TO VOTE)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the content from anonymous accounts?

• Yes, I enjoy the content. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No, I dislike the content. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • Indifferent.
  2. 2. Should we enforce a verification on anonymous accounts?

• Yes. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No. (post reasoning in the comment section)
  3. 3. Do you categorize anonymous accounts as troll accounts?

• Yes. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No. (post reasoning in the comment section)

1 minute ago, ahegao said:

brings traffic to ya site, if it aint broken dont fix

Titans-Today at 8:37 PM

Anon posters inherently dilute the quality

I can agree to an extent with Titans on this. Some of the anon accounts will go on some of the topics and just tag someone in specific. @exzrts can vouch for you as I ban an account who possibly tagged him 20-25 posts. Some accounts are made to disrupt conversation all together on a certain clan's topic. 

As a follow-up to this topic, we will post suggestions on what we can do for accounts like these that I listed. 

2 minutes ago, Unbiased Reporter said:

nah cba, don't care enough

I reviewed your account's content. It can be worse verse other anonymous accounts. Ambassadors of clans comment in the same fashion as you do, I wouldn't see why you wouldn't comment under your real alias. Think about it though 

• Kim pinned and unpinned this topic
Just now, Cute Cub said:

:( but you stared flame by saying my acc anonymous smh kimmy 

I am sorry that you took it that way. I can tell you're an aao account but who are you?  

a·non·y·mous

(of a person) not identified by name; of unknown name.

"the anonymous author of Beowulf"

synonyms:unnamed, of unknown name, nameless, incognito, unidentified, unknown, unsourced, secret More

This is why I asked. 

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

I am sorry that you took it that way. I can tell you're an aao account but who are you?  

a·non·y·mous

synonyms:unnamed, of unknown name, nameless, incognito, unidentified, unknown, unsourced, secret More

This is why I asked. 

And I’m sorry I asked how many quarter pounders with cheese your purse can fit let’s restart from the beginning. This is my actual account (no troll, anonymous, flame acc) my osrs ign on this site is my actual acc. I just don’t give a fuck about anonymous accounts because it’s a game lmfao 

4 minutes ago, Cute Cub said:

And I’m sorry I asked how many quarter pounders with cheese your purse can fit let’s restart from the beginning. This is my actual account (no troll, anonymous, flame acc) my osrs ign on this site is my actual acc. I just don’t give a fuck about anonymous accounts because it’s a game lmfao 

Says the man whose rsn is bowl, omg!

OT: 

Fair point. Go vote, if you haven't. 

14 minutes ago, Kim said:

a·non·y·mous

This is why I asked. 

Isn't the name of a moderator account @Django Unchained and is used by staff for the purpose of trolling or making unbiased looking bans lol

I don't think the boy Django goes on sharkbrew forums

8 minutes ago, Killer of Clans said:

Isn't the name of a moderator account @Django Unchained and is used by staff for the purpose of trolling or making unbiased looking bans lol

I don't think the boy Django goes on sharkbrew forums

Django is an account senior moderators have access to use. The account used to use a script to hand out warnings back in IPB3. The purpose of the account originally was for that. Back, when moderators did get access to this account, it was to protect the staff from unstable users who threatened to dox us if we gave out a warning...as an example to this: 

Spoiler

@ revert my sig back, or you will be dealt with lmfao. you think i'm joking? you know what rhymes with box, right?

fuck around if you think i'm kidding m8, i will not off whether i'm perm banned or not. mom, dad, banks, paypal, loved ones, siblings, job, school etc will all get the business, i promise you bruv

my buddy borzorsaur gave me the green light, and i'm ready. i'm sure you know what happened to soggytoast, correct?

do not allow a sig on a runescape based forum put you through hell. it's not worth it. this is your first and last warning m8

Other than that, some senior staff including myself may use the account to warn our own clan members without getting drama from such members.