What are your thoughts on anonymous accounts? (WE NEED YOUR INPUT)

Kim

What are your thoughts on anonymous accounts? (MAKE SURE TO VOTE)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the content from anonymous accounts?

• Yes, I enjoy the content. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No, I dislike the content. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • Indifferent.
  2. 2. Should we enforce a verification on anonymous accounts?

• Yes. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No. (post reasoning in the comment section)
  3. 3. Do you categorize anonymous accounts as troll accounts?

• Yes. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No. (post reasoning in the comment section)

I think troll accounts are indeed a major issue and should be verified, but they are trumped by the issue of FOM doxing (sharkbrew staff supporting it) and personal irl attacks that are used against specific clans and the moderating of them having strong double standards.

If you're going to combat an issue like troll accounts, then deal with doxing and personal irl attacks first. Take out 3 birds with 1 stone

3 minutes ago, Killer of Clans said:

I think troll accounts are indeed a major issue and should be verified, but they are trumped by the issue of FOM doxing (sharkbrew staff supporting it) and personal irl attacks that are used against specific clans and the moderating of them having strong double standards.

If you're going to combat an issue like troll accounts, then deal with doxing and personal irl attacks first. Take out 3 birds with 1 stone

Some of the topics you covered will be introduced to the website some time this week. 

As said before, if you see something that you think should be removed, please report it. 

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

Some of the topics you covered will be introduced to the website some time this week. 

As said before, if you see something that you think should be removed, please report it. 

What happens when something that should be removed has to always be reported and the culprit suffers no repercussion for repetitively posting irl based personal insults?

There have been people who have said and reported for saying "x dad died" twice and they're permed, while others have said "x mom has cancer" more than 10 times and been reported every time, yet still remain actively posting the same things. Why have they not been dealt with? (They're 95% in FOM, Apex and SUP btw, 'ironically')

1 minute ago, Killer of Clans said:

What happens when something that should be removed has to always be reported and the culprit suffers no repercussion for repetitively posting irl based personal insults?

There have been people who have said and reported for saying "x dad died" twice and they're permed, while others have said "x mom has cancer" more than 10 times and been reported every time, yet still remain actively posting the same things. Why have they not been dealt with? (They're 95% in FOM, Apex and SUP btw, 'ironically')

Some of the FOE accounts did receive perm bans or bans last month. As discussed in your previous topic, we have sat down with the rest of staff on the issue of lack of moderation. People shouldn't always have to report and I understand your point. This subject has been discussed in the last two weeks with mods and warnings have increased in the recent few days. People can mistakes and just oversee it. As for comments as the example you stated, if you truly feel these accounts haven't been dealt with, you can query a high staff. Most likely, they have been dealt with and if not, we will investigate the account and take action. You also have moderators in your own clan to highlight this issue and sit down with us about. 

Just now, Kim said:

Some of the FOE accounts did receive perm bans or bans last month. As discussed in your previous topic, we have sat down with the rest of staff on the issue of lack of moderation. People shouldn't always have to report and I understand your point. This subject has been discussed in the last two weeks with mods and warnings have increased in the recent few days. People can mistakes and just oversee it. As for comments as the example you stated, if you truly feel these accounts haven't been dealt with, you can query a high staff. Most likely, they have been dealt with and if not, we will investigate the account and take action. You also have moderators in your own clan to highlight this issue and sit down with us about. 

you mean all that?

Just now, DULL said:

you mean all that?

Yeah, I had to go through moderation last month for 18 reports. Resulting lookatwhatidid to receive about three warnings in the report center. Many others in the past few weeks, but its as I said, if they're not dealt with, we'd be happy to look into their account and issue a warning. 

39 minutes ago, Public Relations Pig said:

I don't care either way. I'm just permanently restricted from posting on my main account(not banned.)

You can message me the account name, we can talk about why it was restricted and take it from there. 

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

Will this mean that moderation will become equal again, and that reports from certain clans won't still be ignored because of the personal hatred certain staff have towards the clan (admins included)?

Word on the street is that the staff of sharkbrew currently have preferences and during rank meetings laugh at the reports made by some clans and do nothing about the rule breaking :o

Just now, Killer of Clans said:

Will this mean that moderation will become equal again, and that reports from certain clans won't still be ignored because of the personal hatred certain staff have towards the clan (admins included)?

Word on the street is that the staff of sharkbrew currently have preferences and during rank meetings laugh at the reports made by some clans and do nothing about the rule breaking :o

I don't want to repeat myself for a third time, if someone's comments were ignored, you can bring it up to high staff. We will take action onto the account. If the moderator purposely overlooked the comments, action will be taken against them.  I can talk for the majority of staff, we don't hold much bias when it comes to warnings.  

We can continue this conversation in a private as I rather talk about anonymous accounts within this topic. 

• Kim pinned and unpinned this topic