All i want to know is why?

Acid Tripz

Ok so as i'm scrolling through reading topics and so forth i notice this trend of just straight hate on every topic like EVERY single topic and i'm thinking to my self why? Why do all this clans hate each other tbh i get the whole rivalry thing but when you start bashing on people about their irl stuff thats personal and i think if you have to go that far just to spite someone on a video game you need to rethink your life. I feel the game would be a lot more fun if everyone didn't just flame bait each other (everyone has done it including me) or just straight bash on people just because you lost to a clan or you don't like a clan. It gets rather annoying just to have a simple weekend topic just be overwhelmed with straight hate why cant we be nice? Why cant we just accept losses and put it behind you and let it add fuel to your fire of success? Like Michael Jordan said The only reason he was successful is because he learned from his failures. Instead of complaining about a loss or resulting to ddossing or just straight hating on people how about you just take the loss and move on? Idk to me i see this game as a tool to have fun but when i get on these forums all i see is people using it as a tool to vent their anger and hate so forth instead of having fun y'all make it into a toxic environment which just makes it less and less fun in my opinion and its sad to see it turn into this but rant is over i'm just tired of seeing unnecessary hate spewing over every topic and for what a rank in a game you are supposed to have fun in? So idk discuss how you think the community is how you wish it was so forth so on just no hate on this topic is all i ask respect everyones opinion it might be different from yours but it doesn't make them wrong or cauliflower. End of rant

Edit: I'm sure most wont read this but for those who do thanks for reading my weird rant LOL

'HEY MAN NICE FIGHT. THANKS , YOU TOO.'

'EVERYONE HAD A GOOD FIGHT TODAY WOW THANKS MAN, YOU HAD A GREAT TRIP TOO!'

imagine if everyone talked like that holy fucking brown sticky stuff would that be boring

its not the point i was hitting its the unnecessary flaming like i said in the topic i get the rivalry brown sticky stuff and stuff like that but there is hate everywhere on these forums for no reason 

I've been struggling with this issue since 2010...when it wasn't even a big issue back then. I feel you I really do, but from my experience in trying to better influence this community I feel all I've done was help make it more toxic than it was before. People are going to read these topics and are going to read the comments. If all they see is "TLDR" or "lul bro u need to get a life huehuehue" then they will become influenced by that. To me I think this is a major moderation issue. Sharkbrew is by far the worst gaming community forum I've ever seen ever. If you take a look at all the other forums you're going to see great conversations between people on relevant topics, good advice towards each other, good will towards each other, general respect, and GREAT moderation. This just isn't the case here. Slush only cares about the amount of posts and topics that comes on this site (which is why he encourages the trolls), and his site looking pretty with neat little tools that don't do jack brown sticky stuff for the community that nobody uses. It's a shame really. This community wouldn't be so toxic if moderators in the past just moderated more often and kept this degree of trolling and influence towards new players very low. You do that for a good while and eventually the community will do that job for you.

Because what's the point of being in different clans without flaming and drama?

Might as well all close into one big clan and name it Kumbaya. 

I love flaming, I restrict myself... moderately, but it's fun and makes things competitive. 

Why are you on these forums, making this topic ? 

I love flaming, I restrict myself... moderately, but it's fun and makes things competitive. 

like i said in the topic i understand rivalry flaming its part of it but unnecessary flaming is what im talking about  

Just let the people be who they are tbh, just straight up IGNORE THEM. The whole "stop the flame" brown sticky stuff is pointless, the attitude of these people is toxic and unfortunately ANY reaction you give them will only feed their down syndrome personality, like this topic you just created.

I've been struggling with this issue since 2010...when it wasn't even a big issue back then. I feel you I really do, but from my experience in trying to better influence this community I feel all I've done was help make it more toxic than it was before. People are going to read these topics and are going to read the comments. If all they see is "TLDR" or "lul bro u need to get a life huehuehue" then they will become influenced by that. To me I think this is a major moderation issue. Sharkbrew is by far the worst gaming community forum I've ever seen ever. If you take a look at all the other forums you're going to see great conversations between people on relevant topics, good advice towards each other, good will towards each other, general respect, and GREAT moderation. This just isn't the case here. Slush only cares about the amount of posts and topics that comes on this site (which is why he encourages the trolls), and his site looking pretty with neat little tools that don't do jack brown sticky stuff for the community that nobody uses. It's a shame really. This community wouldn't be so toxic if moderators in the past just moderated more often and kept this degree of trolling and influence towards new players very low. You do that for a good while and eventually the community will do that job for you.

You still struggle to write properly structured arguments in paragraphs too. As much as I love reading this ragefilled post coming that stems from resentment over what I said to you before, and further resentment that today that what I said before was proven correct, there are a few factual inaccuracies I wish to HL in your little textwall.

The last time I checked:

• Sharkbrew is the first community site to host a prep tracking system based on a fair and just scoring system that encourage clans to fight better clans.
  • Clans still post aftermaths for me to record into the CLW
  • Clans still take CLW ranking system seriously
  • I still get PMs from pure/main clans on using world tracker
  • There are active main/pure clans using the memberlist
  • Pures still post PK videos in the sidebar video list
  • sharkbrew has about 250~ daily users inspite of the fact that some clans openly declare sharkbrew offlimits to their own members. That is 10 more than the daily amount of CWF- which didn't have the same stigma as attached to sharkbrew
  • Our rank team consist of non bias mods. Any transgressions are quickly dealt with.

In the past, pure community sites consisted mainly of 1 IPB forum for everyone to flame on, and nothing else. The mod team generally lead the site overall, and they have been exposed before for leaking IPs. However the crux of the matter is, they provided an abysmal representation of the pure community due to the lack of contributions by the webmaster, and 1 sided rank teams. Sharkbrew solves this problem by providing a safe environment, platform and tools for Pures and PKers.

Your methodology of stamping out all flame has been brushed aside by the rank teams of sharkbrew, and the rank team of PW. Its only use it in the skilling and community main clans where their weekend event consists of who can catch the most # of sharks on a saturday night.

The pure community doesn't need another lazyass webmaster who milks the community for ad money while giving 0 in return. The PC deserves much better. I aim to give the PC the proper representation it deserves.

Sports teams don't flame one another. After a football game they all go shake hands and go home after a good game win or lose. 

If that's what you think clanning is about and for then idk budd. Theres ways to enjoy yourself and have fun the right way.

You still struggle to write properly structured arguments in paragraphs too. As much as I love reading this ragefilled post coming that stems from resentment over what I said to you before, and further resentment that today that what I said before was proven correct, there are a few factual inaccuracies I wish to HL in your little textwall.

The last time I checked:

• Sharkbrew is the first community site to host a prep tracking system based on a fair and just scoring system that encourage clans to fight better clans.
  • sharkbrew has about 250~ daily users inspite of the fact that some clans openly declare sharkbrew offlimits to their own members. That is 10 more than the daily amount of CWF- which didn't have the same stigma as attached to sharkbrew
  • Our rank team consist of non bias mods. Any transgressions are quickly dealt with.

In the past, pure community sites consisted mainly of 1 IPB forum for everyone to flame on, and nothing else. The mod team generally lead the site overall, and they have been exposed before for leaking IPs. However the crux of the matter is, they provided an abysmal representation of the pure community due to the lack of contributions by the webmaster, and 1 sided rank teams. Sharkbrew solves this problem by providing a safe environment, platform and tools for Pures and PKers.

Your methodology of stamping out all flame has been brushed aside by the rank teams of sharkbrew, and the rank team of PW. Its only use it in the skilling and community main clans where their weekend event consists of who can catch the most # of sharks on a saturday night.

The pure community doesn't need another lazyass webmaster who milks the community for ad money while giving 0 in return. The PC deserves much better. I aim to give the PC the proper representation it deserves.

Purewarfare was pretty fair (Except the part where people who had mod/admin on pw cud catch spies in .5) Sharkbrew is getting more and more active which is good but "Fair" wise that's like 50/50. 

The last time I checked:

It's weird that NOW you're starting to talk like you actually care? I remember chatting with you when SB was still new and all I heard was bullbrown sticky stuff about generating forum posts and topics and encouraging trolls and drama within the community to feed that activity and you gaining more traffic to the site. That to me seems like you were wanting to generate ad revenue in the first place. Ok you recently put up a clw ranking system (That I havne't looked into yet) that just recently people started taking advantage of. NOW we are seeing this come through, ok good on you. BUT that won't stop the toxic community this forum breeds. You want to fix some issues and generate more positive reinforcement for the community to progress you better start healing the community because you havne't done jack brown sticky stuff brother. "Click the report post buttons"...nobody's going to do that...wanna know why? Because the only people that frequent this site actively are the dramatic trolls within the community. They like this forum because they can go ahead and say whatever to boost their online personas and get away with it. That's all anybody cares about on this forum is their status and how everybody else views them. The rest of the community doesn't take part in the conversation on this forum because they already know and would agree with me about what I'm saying. They do not bother with this brown sticky stuff because IT IS WHAT I SAY IT IS SO STOP DENYING THAT.

Really? Your staff disagrees with me? Last topic I made in the suggestion section I got some positive reinforcement from your mediators. Take a look at half of your staff team at the moment...not all of them are as good as you think they are LOL. You had to put a demoted member back into the rank team out of desperation because your previous one was biased up the ass (He was always biased and should have been removed a long time ago). You really do like to talk about the active users on this forum as well which I find hilarious. Half of them are troll accounts and the other half are the problem. 3/4 of the brown sticky stuff that you just said is only just seeing some sort of light and I'm glad for that...but you need to stop neglecting the health of this community if you want us to progress. Slush I've been talking about this brown sticky stuff longer than you've been scaping. Don't try to deny what I say is false because the majority of the ACTUAL community members, not the sharkbrew members that I've talked to agree with me completely. It is WIDELY known how toxic this site is and that's why we only see active members from SU, ZU, RD, EOP and all the other little lpc's trolling each other on this forum. We rarely see any staff or members of the rest of the community on this site except like 2 or 3 people that post on this site only to post aftermath topics and get the fuck out before the cancer reaches them. This is widely known. I wouldn't even call Sharkbrew the community site. It's the community's garbage can because that's where all the trash clans that generate the most propaganda go to because it's encouraged on this site. So if you truly want to help the community, stop waving away people that GENUINELY PUT EFFORT INTO THE HEALTH OF THIS COMMUNITY AND TRY ON AN ACTIVE BASIS TO HELP IT WHILE AT THE SAME TIME GETTING NEGATIVE RESPONSES FROM broccolied CHILDREN WHO JUST CAME OUT OF THE DUMPSTER YESTERDAY. "I'm slushpuppy and I don't agree with anyone else in regards to the health of the community because I'm the only one that can do it and everyone else just doesn't know anything because they're not a script kiddy. Everyone else is just a newbundle of twigs that doesn't understand the dynamics of the community because it's not like they've been a part of it since 2007 or anything". Bullbrown sticky stuff.

I just find it funny how the activity on this site lacks during the weekdays when there are no events and that 75% of all the topics being brown sticky stuff out on these forums, especially clan discussion, are all troll topics made to spite people and instigate negative responses from people. You can look at the statuses on this site as well. It's disgusting. Yet even with that you still can't find the time of day to moderate that brown sticky stuff??? There are only like 6-7 topics that are put up every day and you can usually see the intent in them within the first sentence. You have how many staff members? Are you saying you and your entire staff can't fucking moderate 6 topics a day that usually consist of a few words or sentences. You can not convince me or anyone else that there is any type of moderation that goes on here. You're just lazy and you don't take the responsibility serious. Kind of how you like to blame Karl for those same things (although most people will agree that Karl was far better than you are in terms of moderation). 

oh and don't ever say "clans STILL do this and that". Bullbrown sticky stuff, we haven't seen a regularly used clw ranking system in years, and it's been notoriously lacking on this site. You're lucky that clans are even participating now. Your website's only benefit to the community is safe IP's (which is easier to get through other means), a world tracker (which clans had before you even knew how to script), and a clw tracking system (that you brushed aside when I talked to you about because you saw it as not being important and you were more concerned about fucking gfx LOL) The hypocrisy.

done.