TS3/IRC logs leaking rule clarification

slushpuppy

Which part of this topic is directed at SV? *Any clan* who infringes(incl. Doom) the rules will suffer the consequences.

Yeah, lets go lock a topic & give him a 7 point warn if his aftermath topic contains 1 IRC line leak.

I dunno which clan I am blasting considering most of the "leaks" came from throwaway sharkbrew accounts

Moni cried to me, i dunno who is the 2nd mediator is, but I agree with his view that TS/IRC leaks shouldn't be encouraged. That is my prerogative and I had consulted my rank team. I will take full responsibility for any aftermath.

VIP = $3.99 or 250 sharkbrew points- which can be earned through posting on sharkbrew

Kingpin = 2k posts

Ambassador = just be a rank of a clan and apply for it

Vet = 250 PC

Mediator = Mod

counselor = senior mod

respected = a rank that was originally used to filter for future mods, but now I think most of the respected flame as much as non ranks

Since you want to argue on semantics, answer the following qs

Q1. Which rank is involved most in modding?

Q2. Which rank should be involved most in rule formulation?

A1. idk, but respected should have more abilities then report spam.

A2. Rule formation should be discussed amongst Clan ambassadors, honored, respected, and mods as they're the ones that have to enforce them.

I understand that TS/IRC leaks are not the best thing for individual clans, but in terms of healthy rivalries they go a much further way then limitations ever will.. Just keep that in mind whenever you make any kind of rules, @@slushpuppy. You should Promote healthy rivalries to encourage a stronger foundation to the clanning scene. From a tactical POV these 2 acts display a very well thought out plan and tbh they should be encouraged. The clan on the other end should have to work hard at figuring out a way to not let it happen again..

Ultimately, everything that happens on RS or RL is to help you learn. We should help people learn from these occurrences rather than shelter them from them.

A1. idk, but respected should have more abilities then report spam.

A2. Rule formation should be discussed amongst Clan ambassadors, honored, respected, and mods as they're the ones that have to enforce them.

I understand that TS/IRC leaks are not the best thing for individual clans, but in terms of healthy rivalries they go a much further way then limitations ever will.. Just keep that in mind whenever you make any kind of rules, @@slushpuppy. You should Promote healthy rivalries to encourage a stronger foundation to the clanning scene. From a tactical POV these 2 acts display a very well thought out plan and tbh they should be encouraged. The clan on the other end should have to work hard at figuring out a way to not let it happen again..

Ultimately, everything that happens on RS or RL is to help you learn. We should help people learn from these occurrences rather than shelter them from them.

A1. What other abilities?

A2. Only mods enforce rules. Idk what rank honored is tbh

Sharkbrew was founded with the intent to promote healthy rivalries. Unfortunately that idea, which was also the modding foundation of clan warfare/pure warfare, was extremely naive and it simply didn't work in practice. I did a complete U-Turn and it turned out that letting rivalries explode on forums was a far better way of increasing the competitiveness, which also resulted in a more active community.

In the context of the 14 years or so since the first pure clan opened, only clans with the longest history attracted the attention of the community. Those clans who didn't have that history tend to be relegated to the back of the pack due to the elitist mindset of those who ran the community back then.

Fast forward today, thanks to sharkbrew, lilguy clans such as doom & sv can open, have a hugeass rivalry topics that would have been locked instantly on other sites for "flame baiting" while the rest of the community can just sit back and watch the show.

I am not sure if you realized it yet, but sharkbrew is the best performing pure community site ever based on forum user count/runescape daily online user count, also there are more active pure clans than main clans at the moment!

A1. What other abilities?

A2. Only mods enforce rules. Idk what rank honored is tbh

Sharkbrew was founded with the intent to promote healthy rivalries. Unfortunately that idea, which was also the modding foundation of clan warfare/pure warfare, was extremely naive and it simply didn't work in practice. I did a complete U-Turn and it turned out that letting rivalries explode on forums was a far better way of increasing the competitiveness, which also resulted in a more active community.

In the context of the 14 years or so since the first pure clan opened, only clans with the longest history attracted the attention of the community. Those clans who didn't have that history tend to be relegated to the back of the pack due to the elitist mindset of those who ran the community back then.

Fast forward today, thanks to sharkbrew, lilguy clans such as doom & sv can open, have a hugeass rivalry topics that would have been locked instantly on other sites for "flame baiting" while the rest of the community can just sit back and watch the show.

I am not sure if you realized it yet, but sharkbrew is the best performing pure community site ever based on forum user count/runescape daily online user count, also there are more active pure clans than main clans at the moment!

veteran*

Yeah compared to the thee pure sites shark brew has its feats and it is arguably the best pure clan website.

I never disagreed with the way the site is ran or what the site does up until this rule was made. It just doesn't seem to promote fun/skill.

Respected should be giving out 24 hour bans.

veteran*

Yeah compared to the thee pure sites shark brew has its feats and it is arguably the best pure clan website.

I never disagreed with the way the site is ran or what the site does up until this rule was made. It just doesn't seem to promote fun/skill.

Respected should be giving out 24 hour bans.

Jesus, do you even know the rank structure of sharkbrew? Vet is just a post count rank, nothing more.

Personally, I would shudder at giving you mod perms if you don't even know basic things like SB's rank structure.

• 2 weeks later...

^

this, why would you sensor people lol, the whole point of this forum is trolling/flaming as you've stated many times, if clans are smart enough to reach and hit low blows, let them. don't take away their power to strike clans in low points

i agree bro

• 3 weeks later...