[Suggestion] 5v5 Mini War (P2P) League

Kip

Recently I have seen a decline in actual teams mining each other for fun as actual teams. So, today I propose a fix to this to perhaps reviving the concept. Now I would like to suggest something that would be like what GCDTV has done for the WoW P2P community, which I have competed in twice (on my feral druid) since GCDTV's tourneys release. We as a community could try to come together bringing both MPC & HPC communities together to make this happen. Many players believe,  that a maxed 87cb team (MPC) with the right experience can take down a maxed 100+ cb HPC team, which is a very possible thing. With a tourney (5v5 P2P or F2P) we could actually find who is the best team... Not the best clan because every clan even a clan that has a combat cap of 50 thinks their clan is the best. We could also try a fair use of a bracket system with this idea and have restrictions on certain pieces of gear i.e. Crystal Halberd to make the tourney more fair for players who might be part of just an MPC. We could even try to get the entire RS07 community involved too by streaming each round of the tourney, having 4 seasons would also make this more competitive (like LoL has and GCDTV as well). Opinions? If you wish to have a better description or suggest something please post here. :)

-Kip

Tons of effort would be required on the organisers part, all for little to no gain. And mutual respect from all warring parties would be necessary.

Doubt any of this would work.

If the community came together and actually tried it would for at least a season or more. But, like community respect and organization would be key. It is possible imo.

We've tried this but not many signed up and when they did they didn't show up. But for HPC #BW wud prob sweep

Would be a HPC + MPC combo, btw during WoW tourney (PVP) players thought Tempo Storm would sweep but they got rocked in the Finals. Anything can happen.

Good idea but it's been tried umpteen times with little to no success.

One issue with it is that you will have teams, like one that is currently open, that will build up a record of wins against teams that are not the best. Then, when a new team who can actually give them a challenge comes about they will, ironically, be too busy or won't have the members on. 

Good luck if you go through with it, let me know if you do.