Clanning Priority - Feedback needed

Tyendinaga

Thoughts  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on the current state of pure clanning?

• Pure Clanning has never been better.
    • Pure Clanning is just okay.
    • Pure Clanning needs some adjustments
    • Pure Clanning is in dire straits.
  2. 2. Please check all that apply:

• I would like to see a modified CLW system that encourages clans competing for seasonal cups.
    • I would like to see a WCOTM system that punishes repeated abuse of mains.
    • I would like to see lower defense averages throughout the MPC/HPC Bracket.
    • I do not care that 1-39 is the current standard within pure clanning.
    • I think LPC/MPC/HPC should be determined by average combat level and not pulls.
    • I think LPC/MPC/HPC should be determined by average pulls and not combat level.
    • The Pure community has enough engagements as it is.
    • The Pure community does not engage one another enough as is.
    • I think large scale events like the JCup are enough as is.
    • I think large scale community events are not frequent enough.
    • Mini Teams, Wildy PKRI's, weekday trips & other events have a place in a points based system or potentially their own bracket.
    • Clan v Clan only events should be the only measure in a points based system.
    • DDOSing, Mains, and other NH behavior should be punishable under some sort of jurisidiction.
    • It is solely up to the community to hold such behavior to some regard.
    • I would like to actively participate in making pure clanning a more community driven environment.
    • I think this is all totally unnecessary and am here to ride out the rest of my clanning career.

If you were around when Sharkbrew started, we adopted a no nonsense approach to flaming/trolling. Unfortunately 3 other pure clanning sites opened up with much laxer rules and basically we lost majority of our users. Only when we reduced our rules and allowed non-excess flaming/trolling that users came back. The market has changed, majority of the people want to flame and troll. It's really not for the pure community site to dictate what clans do, but rather to go with the flow and support the current efforts by clans.

http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/22454-stricter-moderation-rule-changes/

The height of Pure/Clan warfare was with the introduction of the RAW list that intensified competition among clans. Sharkbrew does the same with tournaments and CWL, so I am not sure what is different then and now.

Lastly, don't confuse pure/clan warfare's deceitful facet of "respectfulness" where majority of users,who were not in the same clans as the mods, were routinely perm banned for the slightest infractions while their own clan mates got away with trolling opposing clans. Lets also not forget the poor security of the forums which allowed it to be hacked multiple times and users IPs leaked as a result.

Pure/Clan warfare ranks also never really engaged the community in the same way as sharkbrew ranks do, infact if I recalled, the ranks had this elitist mentality that made them mostly unapproachable unless you were in their inner circle. No such problem here on Sharkbrew, any broccoli can drop me a pm and I will flame/advise/help/ignore

RIP moit 

This website is absoulete brown sticky stuff, it encourges people to flame other people and drama. Back in purewarfare at least people would be nice and every clan leader could come into reasonable conclusion. You can't reason with any of these clan leaders now a days because they all try to act like tough guys and act like they are superior to anyone else, when you have this mindet that gets intensified with constant flamming and trolling on a website like sharkbrew, where one topic can create a rivarly, then is there really any hope?

It's ironic how when i was 16 and a rank in TLP my staff team and every other clans rank team were very respectful towards each other, and now we are all 20 year olds, some with kids, acting like kids lmao.  Sharkbrew needs to ban people for flamming or trolling, or we all need to go back to purewarfare.

The leaderships from 2008 - 2012 were not angels like you are trying to say in this post. We all made derogatory comments towards one another daily, even more on Pure Community & Pure Warfare later on. However, in the end of the day, we respected the fact we were all apart of the "pure community", and we did our best to make clanning "fun". 

Nowadays the pure community is cancer; leaderships are allowing muti-clanning in moronic LPC /MPC clans, there is flamming on fake runescape & public forum accounts, and clans are just totally ignoring the point of the game; HAVING FUN.  

Literally every clan would complain that we were bias against them.  People would rather feel like a victim than admit they were doing something wrong.

MM's - https://www.mm-rs.org/forums/topic/119736-its-hard-to-read-the-sharkbrew-forum/- https://www.mm-rs.org/forums/topic/142604-post-your-sharkbrew-suspensions-here/?page=1

CP - http://cp-rs.com/forums/topic/3379-sharkbrew/

Straight from the horses mouth https://www.sharkbrew.com/topic/33568707-getting-people-to-use-these-forums/?p=783292

That kinda proves my elitist point about PWF ranks and that you guys never really quite jelled with the community. Those above topic links showed that you guys were on a power trip 24/7.

Anyway all that above is assuming you are one of ex PWF ranks, but I don't recall your name very well.

You're mistaken. I want to know who are you and what made you so bitter against the previous sites before you, that you'd go and spew nonsense. Almost everything I've read about you believing in closing other websites only comes off insecure. As a mod and admin of PC and PW, I respect PC enough to believe I'd never fill PC's shoes and wouldn't allow anyone in staff to talk terribly of it. Yes PC made mistakes but so did PW, so there was nothing to jeer about.

Your links prove nothing. MM had a major hate for the entire community as it was going more zerk than pure. That doesn't mean I still didn't have friends in MM, and that doesn't mean I didn't respect them; along with every single clan, IR, CP, FI, EOP, FOE, Z, M, EF, E, the list goes on Etc. If you knew better, you'd know we always talked to the clan leaders and tried our best to resolve any issues. The bitching and moaning of banned people you linked are only playing the victim card and were given tons of chances, as always.

Also if you knew better you'd know the RAW list was created in 2007 for Pure Community. In PW, it changed. Now unless you're referring to some other site that was made in the last few years that used the RAW, then so be it. I promoted fairness and quality control, if you actually think we had an elite circle then I guess we had a massive one considering most leaders were all involved.

You're mistaken. I want to know who are you and what made you so bitter against the previous sites before you, that you'd go and spew nonsense. Almost everything I've read about you believing in closing other websites only comes off insecure. As a mod and admin of PC and PW, I respect PC enough to believe I'd never fill PC's shoes and wouldn't allow anyone in staff to talk terribly of it. Yes PC made mistakes but so did PW, so there was nothing to jeer about.

During the period of PW/PC, Runescape was at peak with almost 200k users online daily. PC/PW had zero competition. There were easily 40+ pure clans/teams. Almost every clan was pulling 60 on average. You were the only community site for pures. What did you do with all this handed to PW/PC on a silver platter?

Absolutely jackbrown sticky stuff.

Only thing that happened was the ranks going on a power trip 24/7 banning them because somebody displeased your rank team. However if PW/PC were doing a brilliant job, I suppose that could been forgiven but....

You had the opportunity to create tools for the clan community like the KDR tracker, Exp tracker, Memberlist, and other tools, instead you and your development team wasted half a year on a 2 bit update blog site that no1 visits. Instead it took the likes of P0ke and other "regular/non elite" members to fill the gap that PW/PC should have done.

Hacking of clan sites was prevalent in 2012+, did your forum host ever thought to help host clans so that clan leaders can focus on clanning instead of worrying whether their site was going to get hacked?

The role of any pure community site is to coalesce the pure community. With a larger community, it will be ALOT easier to organize events, and help set benchmarks for the pure community to follow. PW/PC failed at that miserably, only achieving 600+ under PC and 388 under PW. The departure of MM certainly didn't help at all. Were there any attempts to rectify the problem? I am not sure, but if you tried, it certainly didn't work.

I guess with your logic, only clan ranks voices mattered, the rest of the community didn't. Good job. Keep up the good work.

Your ad hominem attacks and the continuing state of denial demonstrates the abject quality of your leadership. The resulting poor state of the pure community is what succeeding pure sites had to inherit.

With a guaranteed user base, PC/PW should have been the epicenter of pures/pkers and have the same level of activity as Zybez back in 10. Inspite of having the resources and the users granted to PC/PW, you ended up running the site into the ground with repeated site closures due to your utter incompetence and lack of investment into the site. Instead of improving the site, you and your rank team chose to slave away at the warn button instead of focusing on the important issues at hand.

That is why I feel there is no merit in PW or PC.

Anyway, I suspect you will just disregard all my points above and resort to another fallacious argument without rebutting any of my assumptions - that is OK. This textwall is for everyone else. It's time people look into the history of Pure Community with a sense of perspective.

During the period of PW/PC, Runescape was at peak with almost 200k users online daily. PC/PW had zero competition. There were easily 40+ pure clans/teams. Almost every clan was pulling 60 on average. You were the only community site for pures. What did you do with all this handed to PW/PC on a silver platter?

Absolutely jackbrown sticky stuff.

Only thing that happened was the ranks going on a power trip 24/7 banning them because somebody displeased your rank team. However if PW/PC were doing a brilliant job, I suppose that could been forgiven but....

You had the opportunity to create tools for the clan community like the KDR tracker, Exp tracker, Memberlist, and other tools, instead you and your development team wasted half a year on a 2 bit update blog site that no1 visits. Instead it took the likes of P0ke and other "regular/non elite" members to fill the gap that PW/PC should have done.

Hacking of clan sites was prevalent in 2012+, did your forum host ever thought to help host clans so that clan leaders can focus on clanning instead of worrying whether their site was going to get hacked?

The role of any pure community site is to coalesce the pure community. With a larger community, it will be ALOT easier to organize events, and help set benchmarks for the pure community to follow. PW/PC failed at that miserably, only achieving 600+ under PC and 388 under PW. The departure of MM certainly didn't help at all. Were there any attempts to rectify the problem? I am not sure, but if you tried, it certainly didn't work.

I guess with your logic, only clan ranks voices mattered, the rest of the community didn't. Good job. Keep up the good work.

Your ad hominem attacks and the continuing state of denial demonstrates the abject quality of your leadership. The resulting poor state of the pure community is what succeeding pure sites had to inherit.

With a guaranteed user base, PC/PW should have been the epicenter of pures/pkers and have the same level of activity as Zybez back in 10. Inspite of having the resources and the users granted to PC/PW, you ended up running the site into the ground with repeated site closures due to your utter incompetence and lack of investment into the site. Instead of improving the site, you and your rank team chose to slave away at the warn button instead of focusing on the important issues at hand.

That is why I feel there is no merit in PW or PC.

Anyway, I suspect you will just disregard all my points above and resort to another fallacious argument without rebutting any of my assumptions - that is OK. This textwall is for everyone else. It's time people look into the history of Pure Community with a sense of perspective.

The only person in denial here is you. So you're basically bitter and salty because the community did "jack brown sticky stuff" prior to you? You're full of brown sticky stuff and ignorance. Pure community had 45+ clans yes, hardly any of them pulled 60+, only FI and for a moment, EOP. Then MM would pull an insane amount for a full out. Pure Community did its thing by regulating how people should act on its site, but not how the clans should handle themselves outside the site. That was done individually. Clans pked whenever THEY WANTED to, not at specific times like they are now. When PC implemented the RAW list, that even faded as the community wanted to do its own thing. That's reasonable, no one should I dictate how a clan should be ran, other than their own leaders and members.

Now when PW took over the wilderness was removed, the game itself lost tons of players, the pure community on the game was completely wiped out, and pking was dying/dead. So your information is completely wrong.

The clan leaders apart of the circle is a figure of speech. We listened to everyone involved in our site because they were all involved with our site. Hence why I stated (again) the clan leaders had a say. And if that wasn't true we wouldn't have been sponsored by Jagex and Runescape. Which means we had the guidelines Runescape wanted and we played by their rules, all for the average player/pker of the game. I suspended and banned a lot of people that I actually liked and still remained friends with and listened to whoever came to me, even if they just felt like taking their anger out on me. That's how I worked and completely goes against everything you're stating and pulling out of your ass to make you feel better about yourself and site.

For someone who's spewing out nonsense and saying I've done nothing to help, for one example, you're still using my event I created, red vs blue. Granted the only successful one was in 2009.

You're talking about PC, if you're meaning post count? You have about 100k more than PW had at its two year mark, and PW use to delete all its posts, not hide them. All in the first year, mind you. You allow non stop spamming, and multiple accounts to spew even more childish bullbrown sticky stuff to read on here. Almost as if a 13 year old just got their new keyboard to play with. PC would have had the same in its 2ish years if its site wasn't hacked and destroyed in mid 2007.

You started with a clean slate, and you're not even competing with a fully ran MM site. Your clanning situation is worse now than it was right before EOC. If anything you come across completely clueless about the situation on your forums and are in denial, and for some reason your best excuse is that you inherited the problems from the past communities. Lol give me a break.

You weren't involved with the original PC or even around then. You also didn't care to get involved with PW or make any sort of difference then. No one here will believe what you have to say unless they started with clanning on runescape after EOC.

It's easier to criticize years laters, and I have nothing against your site, if I did, I wouldn't have even made an account. I'm just stating the obvious facts and you seem to have a very different memory on how things actually were; and seem to have that elitest-on-top-of-the-world, attitude that you're claiming PW/PC ranks had.

The only person in denial here is you. So you're basically bitter and salty because the community did "jack brown sticky stuff" prior to you? You're full of brown sticky stuff and ignorance. Pure community had 45+ clans yes, hardly any of them pulled 60+, only FI and for a moment, EOP. Then MM would pull an insane amount for a full out. Pure Community did its thing by regulating how people should act on its site, but not how the clans should handle themselves outside the site. That was done individually. Clans pked whenever THEY WANTED to, not at specific times like they are now. When PC implemented the RAW list, that even faded as the community wanted to do its own thing. That's reasonable, no one should I dictate how a clan should be ran, other than their own leaders and members.

Now when PW took over the wilderness was removed, the game itself lost tons of players, the pure community on the game was completely wiped out, and pking was dying/dead. So your information is completely wrong.

The clan leaders apart of the circle is a figure of speech. We listened to everyone involved in our site because they were all involved with our site. Hence why I stated (again) the clan leaders had a say. And if that wasn't true we wouldn't have been sponsored by Jagex and Runescape. Which means we had the guidelines Runescape wanted and we played by their rules, all for the average player/pker of the game. I suspended and banned a lot of people that I actually liked and still remained friends with and listened to whoever came to me, even if they just felt like taking their anger out on me. That's how I worked and completely goes against everything you're stating and pulling out of your ass to make you feel better about yourself and site.

For someone who's spewing out nonsense and saying I've done nothing to help, for one example, you're still using my event I created, red vs blue. Granted the only successful one was in 2009.

You're talking about PC, if you're meaning post count? You have about 100k more than PW had at its two year mark, and PW use to delete all its posts, not hide them. All in the first year, mind you. You allow non stop spamming, and multiple accounts to spew even more childish bullbrown sticky stuff to read on here. Almost as if a 13 year old just got their new keyboard to play with. PC would have had the same in its 2ish years if its site wasn't hacked and destroyed in mid 2007.

You started with a clean slate, and you're not even competing with a fully ran MM site. Your clanning situation is worse now than it was right before EOC. If anything you come across completely clueless about the situation on your forums and are in denial, and for some reason your best excuse is that you inherited the problems from the past communities. Lol give me a break.

You weren't involved with the original PC or even around then. You also didn't care to get involved with PW or make any sort of difference then. No one here will believe what you have to say unless they started with clanning on runescape after EOC.

It's easier to criticize years laters, and I have nothing against your site, if I did, I wouldn't have even made an account. I'm just stating the obvious facts and you seem to have a very different memory on how things actually were; and seem to have that elitest-on-top-of-the-world, attitude that you're claiming PW/PC ranks had.

I think you are a bit confused here, I/Sharkbrew have nothing else to prove. Thanks to my rank team, Sharkbrew has beaten both your sites in users online and we will surpass your total post in lesser time too. The contentious issue here is people wishing for the good old days of Pure warfare when looked through the glasses of nostalgia instead of remembering the power abusing, inactive, and incompetent rank team of the day.

Also, I would like to assure you that when I started clanning in 2009~, Malice easily pulled 40 to a weekday prep. When I was in EOP late 2010, we pulled about 80-100+ almost every weekend trip. So what the fuck did you or your ranks do to capitalize on this?

Yes, there is a period where jagex killed pures, what happened after that? You and your rank team still did jack all when wilderness was reintroduced

We discontinued RvB for obvious reasons. Not sure why everyone(PW/PC/CWF/SB) kept redoing that silly event...

Sharkbrew is also only about 2.1 years old

The founding of sharkbrew was simply competition between 2 clan sites(1 was irrelevant) with similar user count. Sharkbrew almost lost all her users at 1 point. You on the other hand, as a pure community site admin, was embarrassingly bested by pure clan you are suppose to be representing. The absurdity of the situation is kinda like state of Hawaii having higher GDP than the rest of America combined.

Yes, i am well aware you got jagex recognition, seeing that I am apparently the one who remembers differently, I implore that you tell everyone how the silver clan award has helped the community.

Yes, the sharkbrew rank team is well aware of the situation, hence this topic.. was made.

Would involvement with the original PC made my management of Sharkbrew better than it is now? Highly doubtful.

Sure, I would have participated in PW, but getting kick-banned from your then PW IRC for simply criticizing the site motto for its ridiculous double meaning sure puts a damper on any motivation. Thank heaven, else I would have squandered my time on a regressive rank team.

Also for your statement that looking at everything in retrospect is easier - No one told me how to run Sharkbrew before, for most stuff, Sharkbrew is still an ongoing experiment and work-in-progress where we keep trying new things to improve the community. If given the same circumstances as Sharkbrew, you would have capitulated to rival sites.

I think you are a bit confused here, I/Sharkbrew have nothing else to prove. Thanks to my rank team, Sharkbrew has beaten both your sites in users online and we will surpass your total post in lesser time too. The contentious issue here is people wishing for the good old days of Pure warfare when looked through the glasses of nostalgia instead of remembering the power abusing, inactive, and incompetent rank team of the day.

Also, I would like to assure you that when I started clanning in 2009~, Malice easily pulled 40 to a weekday prep. When I was in EOP late 2010, we pulled about 80-100+ almost every weekend trip. So what the fuck did you or your ranks do to capitalize on this?

Yes, there is a period where jagex killed pures, what happened after that? You and your rank team still did jack all when wilderness was reintroduced

We discontinued RvB for obvious reasons. Not sure why everyone(PW/PC/CWF/SB) kept redoing that silly event...

Sharkbrew is also only about 2.1 years old

The founding of sharkbrew was simply competition between 2 clan sites(1 was irrelevant) with similar user count. Sharkbrew almost lost all her users at 1 point. You on the other hand, as a pure community site admin, was embarrassingly bested by pure clan you are suppose to be representing. The absurdity of the situation is kinda like state of Hawaii having higher GDP than the rest of America combined.

Yes, i am well aware you got jagex recognition, seeing that I am apparently the one who remembers differently, I implore that you tell everyone how the silver clan award has helped the community.

Yes, the sharkbrew rank team is well aware of the situation, hence this topic.. was made.

Would involvement with the original PC made my management of Sharkbrew better than it is now? Highly doubtful.

Sure, I would have participated in PW, but getting kick-banned from your then PW IRC for simply criticizing the site motto for its ridiculous double meaning sure puts a damper on any motivation. Thank heaven, else I would have squandered my time on a regressive rank team.

Also for your statement that looking at everything in retrospect is easier - No one told me how to run Sharkbrew before, for most stuff, Sharkbrew is still an ongoing experiment and work-in-progress where we keep trying new things to improve the community. If given the same circumstances as Sharkbrew, you would have capitulated to rival sites.

Listen, I have no idea what came after early 2012, I stepped down and removed myself from the community. I stopped clanning in early 2009 to focus on administrating and then left due to turmoil and high defense changing the way pure clanning was, which closed off the community from the actual "pure" pkers on runescape(form what was left of them). Which is exactly what this community is doing now (without turmoil), as well as considering "rivalries" as a means to kill off each other and make it that much smaller. It took a lot of MM ranks (as well as @Furious) to get it through my thick skull that my pure community was no longer pure and that the pure standard had been thrown away from the game.

I remember Karl stating he wanted to bring PW back, I made no effort to help because I'm way out of the game, and quite simply do not care as I use to. I said some advice and moved on. You didn't actually close PW, from what I've heard it never started and I don't know what the other site is, but I doubt it was nearly as successful. As for being bested by a pure clan, MM was the Pure Community, from before PC till when EOC ended clanning in general. Which is why PC was founded by FOE ranks.

I can't take you seriously when you talk about what Sharkbrew has done in terms of benchmarks. The "Most online" feature was added in 2011 on PW, and we didn't allow constant flaming and spamming. I also think it's crazy how you'll allow racist comments, and expect to have your site being taken seriously as a genuine community. Saying we didn't capitalize whilst we were trying our hardest to get recognized by Jagex themselves, to make an opportunity for the pure build rather than just clanning in general; as that's where the pure clanning comes from; is just more nonsense.

I'm sorry you were insta-kbed. I don't know why or who did and I'm sorry that gave you a terrible bitter taste for what PW was at the time. I would have given you a shot, as well as I have with most people. Allowing Sefket to come into our team as a rank and help was my idea, as I was the shot caller for the site and again I made sure to keep PC at a high regards. Although that deal with Sefket fell shortly after. I'm glad to see you were from Malice, which was a great clan and community, Iced Havoc was my first mod and Peter ended up apart of the team as well. But After the whole M, DY, A, AS, etc scene, the community was shortening to less clans over time. Whether EOP pulled 80 or not, you had less clans to deal with and less worlds. The main clanning scene was huge, the fact they were cut down more than our community, percent-wise, is proof of that.

You've had enough power abusing on your site already, and you say it's an experiment. You live and learn. The same thing happened on PC and PW. You're no different other than the fact that you're in the present time, rather than the past. The abusers were handled accordingly; I hand picked most of the mods until early 2011; and even with the scrutiny of being one, I made sure that they did it appropriately and if not, I made sure they were reprimanded.

I don't know if you ever saw, PC was destroyed by Saibot in 2007. We made a temporary site called http://z11.invisionfree.com/PC_Pure_Community/index.php?act=idx, mt stepped down as admin, and sefket took over. The site lasted for a couple months. If you want a backstory on how things were then and how they are now then there you have it. You have more of an opportunity now to make a foundation for the community as long as the game stays the way it is now or even grows; as I know more have come back for the sake of the old school servers. Again I have no problem with you or your site, but brown sticky stuff talking like some hotshot about how terrible things were ran doesn't make you any better.

Listen, I have no idea what came after early 2012, I stepped down and removed myself from the community. I stopped clanning in early 2009 to focus on administrating and then left due to turmoil and high defense changing the way pure clanning was, which closed off the community from the actual "pure" pkers on runescape(form what was left of them). Which is exactly what this community is doing now (without turmoil), as well as considering "rivalries" as a means to kill off each other and make it that much smaller. It took a lot of MM ranks (as well as @Furious) to get it through my thick skull that my pure community was no longer pure and that the pure standard had been thrown away from the game.

I remember Karl stating he wanted to bring PW back, I made no effort to help because I'm way out of the game, and quite simply do not care as I use to. I said some advice and moved on. You didn't actually close PW, from what I've heard it never started and I don't know what the other site is, but I doubt it was nearly as successful. As for being bested by a pure clan, MM was the Pure Community, from before PC till when EOC ended clanning in general. Which is why PC was founded by FOE ranks.

I can't take you seriously when you talk about what Sharkbrew has done in terms of benchmarks. The "Most online" feature was added in 2011 on PW, and we didn't allow constant flaming and spamming. I also think it's crazy how you'll allow racist comments, and expect to have your site being taken seriously as a genuine community. Saying we didn't capitalize whilst we were trying our hardest to get recognized by Jagex themselves, to make an opportunity for the pure build rather than just clanning in general; as that's where the pure clanning comes from; is just more nonsense.

I'm sorry you were insta-kbed. I don't know why or who did and I'm sorry that gave you a terrible bitter taste for what PW was at the time. I would have given you a shot, as well as I have with most people. Allowing Sefket to come into our team as a rank and help was my idea, as I was the shot caller for the site and again I made sure to keep PC at a high regards. Although that deal with Sefket fell shortly after. I'm glad to see you were from Malice, which was a great clan and community, Iced Havoc was my first mod and Peter ended up apart of the team as well. But After the whole M, DY, A, AS, etc scene, the community was shortening to less clans over time. Whether EOP pulled 80 or not, you had less clans to deal with and less worlds. The main clanning scene was huge, the fact they were cut down more than our community, percent-wise, is proof of that.

You've had enough power abusing on your site already, and you say it's an experiment. You live and learn. The same thing happened on PC and PW. You're no different other than the fact that you're in the present time, rather than the past. The abusers were handled accordingly; I hand picked most of the mods until early 2011; and even with the scrutiny of being one, I made sure that they did it appropriately and if not, I made sure they were reprimanded.

I don't know if you ever saw, PC was destroyed by Saibot in 2007. We made a temporary site called http://z11.invisionfree.com/PC_Pure_Community/index.php?act=idx, mt stepped down as admin, and sefket took over. The site lasted for a couple months. If you want a backstory on how things were then and how they are now then there you have it. You have more of an opportunity now to make a foundation for the community as long as the game stays the way it is now or even grows; as I know more have come back for the sake of the old school servers. Again I have no problem with you or your site, but brown sticky stuff talking like some hotshot about how terrible things were ran doesn't make you any better.

For a person who initially dismissed my complaints about PWF, you now admit that you only administered the forum up to 2012 only. I wonder what other surprises are you going to spring onto us today.

Let's context of 2010-2012(the time period I was active in EOP), there wasn't any progress. My original point still stands, there was little to no improvement on the forum end, your mods were extremely bias and kept mass banning accounts suspected to be jonty. Yes there were tournaments, and some attempts to revive the RAW list, other than that, it was basically a mediocre forum site for pures with a GE price calc.. that's it. During that time period, Zybez revamped their home page and were basically competing with RuneHQ & Sals for the remaining slice of the main community.

You keep boasting about PWF's jagex fansite silver award, tell me, besides considerably decreased ad revenue, did the silver award contribute to the pure community? As far as I am concerned, it was simply a title given to PWF. it didn't really help advertise your site, it certainly didn't stop EOC from happening and it definitely tied the hands of your admins.

It's remarkable that you can claim PWF experimented. The simple definition of experimentation is to try out new things. What did you try new?

I would prefer the term, "freedom of expression" and people are free to express themselves however they want- within limits. Like I said earlier, I have nothing to prove and petty snide insults don't affect me. I don't see why anyone would want another nazi-esque sterile forum where people circle jerk after a fight. People should be mature enough to take an insult and retort 1 back instead of rushing to ban the dude because you hurt someone's feelings. I promote my ranks on merit and intelligence. Some who have questioned me on my decisions and had engage with me on debates have been promoted. The only requirement is for them is to contribute to the site.

There's no question that sharkbrew is better. However, like I said before, Pure warfare was given better resources and completely filibuster the scene and should only be given credit for what they deserve.

- Also the whole closing PW was mostly a tongue in cheek joke. PWF reopened in 2015 under the recommendations of some guy called chesty puller. The whole stunt lasted about 3 days where a topic appealing for ranks/members to come back and no action taken afterwards. So yes, it was more like chesty puller closed PWF single handedly

Honestly not even trolling but Sefket was the best admin this community ever had, he banned clans from posting advertisement/aftermath topics and removed them from the RAW list if they broke community rules, which back then at least meant everything to clans. He banned me from PC for flaming/trolling which I resented him for at the time, but you have to admire his morals. Communities after PC took a more laid back approach and stopped trying to govern the community.

My original point still stands, there was little to no improvement on the forum end, your mods were extremely bias and kept mass banning accounts suspected to be jonty. 

The people who called Pw mods biased are the same type of people that call you biased.  The type of people that regularly got suspended are also the type of people that wouldn't admit they were doing something wrong.  As for banning all the "suspected" Jonty accounts, he wasn't hard to find if you knew him.

The people who called Pw mods biased are the same type of people that call you biased.  The type of people that regularly got suspended are also the type of people that wouldn't admit they were doing something wrong.  As for banning all the "suspected" Jonty accounts, he wasn't hard to find if you knew him.

Pure warfare rules are overly broad and all encompassing. Using the definition here: "*Flame Baiting/Troll Baiting"

https://www.sharkbrew.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

"When the user has gone onto a topic to bring up past remarks that forces fellow PW member to act bac"

Even a clan aftermath topic would break that rule....

Almost anything could be considered troll baiting- even an innocuous debate. PWF rules places too much of the decision making onto the mods, and it has led to (un)intentional power abuses.

---

At the end of the day, the amount of rules PW implemented only saps the rank team of doing other productive things. Sure, this sort of management may appeal to a few members of the community who loves to lord over members of the community like king joffrey as you guys do have a few loyal followers, but for most part, it is an unsustainable system which was one of the main reasons why Karl closed the site in the first place.

Aug 31 19:42:43 <slushpuppeh>    i thought you already built everything

Aug 31 19:42:50 <slushpuppeh>    and it was basically maintenance after that

Aug 31 19:43:06 <``Karl>    It was, maintenance and moderating

Aug 31 19:43:11 <``Karl>    It's the moderating which was the bitch