A Suggestion on How to Nullify 'Bias Modding'!

Murd

There may appear to be some inconsistencies with how some topics/posts are dealt with throughout the experiences of SharkBrew eg; attempts at flaming or baiting specific clans and people who are involved with the particular clans dealing with it from their own clan's point of view rather than a neutral moderators' point of view.

A quick fix would be to not allow mediators or admins who are a part of a clan being baited to moderate how they feel is fit. So if there was a bait topic, say, "TLP sucks", a staff member like Braden wouldn't be required to moderate it as he may have a connection with the clan being targeted which could in theory cloud his judgement, so someone like Franco or Elver would step in and deal with it how they see fit. Although, if it's something that obviously shouldn't be there (memberboards, ips, irl information) then he would be in the clear to take the action deemed necessary.

The same would apply for personal insults or baits towards moderators such as this;

e1eb0c9b2cde9966cacaa4e77c75e8fd.png

In order to keep a fair level of moderating, someone else with the mod powers would check over this to see if it is considered pointless/specifically targeting an individual.

This way, a clearer, seemingly less bias direction of moderating can continue to thrive!

For those wondering, this was the topic he was talking about l0l:

8bb5cbdfe5.png

If you think the clan I'm in had anything to do with me closing that topic then you're kidding yourself. I'd say the moderation is pretty bias free from what I've seen, half the time I make any actions I ask in the staff chan beforehand.

If you don't agree with something someone has posted, report the post. This helps mods find it quicker and they won't have to sift through 10 page topics to warn someone.

8bb5cbdfe5.png

If you think the clan I'm in had anything to do with me closing that topic then you're kidding yourself. I'd say the moderation is pretty bias free from what I've seen, half the time I make any actions I ask in the staff chan beforehand.

If you don't agree with something someone has posted, report the post. This helps mods find it quicker and they won't have to sift through 10 page topics to warn someone.

Thanks for making it a little more clear.

However one of the points I'm mentioning is that if you need to ask about the actions in the staff channel you should let someone else take action so you won't have the feel of 'bias modding' around. And to be fair this community does thrive around the banter and flaming so some of those topics may not need to be removed considering some of the others we still have floating around (although due to the title and intent that would have been a fair call).

Thanks for making it a little more clear.

However one of the points I'm mentioning is that if you need to ask about the actions in the staff channel you should let someone else take action so you won't have the feel of 'bias modding' around. And to be fair this community does thrive around the banter and flaming so some of those topics may not need to be removed considering some of the others we still have floating around (although due to the title and intent that would have been a fair call).

Well yeah for sure, I think you'd be surprised about the amount of times something like that actually happens where a staff member asks one from another clan to deal with an issue. Situations like this though where I was the only person online have to be dealt regardless of clan politics. If anyone seriously wants to dispute it there is an appeal ban section or they can even pm an op in #sharkbrew.

We try to let as many of those type of topics slide as we can but you need to understand we have to draw the line somewhere.

Good topic, with that being said I don't think mediators should be allowed to "banter/flame" such as Braden when he flames supremacy topics.. ARNT they suppose to be the ranks of this site!?

That's another point, however you can't restrict them from having fun too, although they do need to remember they hold a position of authority and if they act like the trolls here, we will be sent back to the stone age aka clan warfare!@

But off Braden he's bae

God fucking bless lmfao for someone who doesn't clan anymore you care wayyy to much about this, funny thing is aswell I can assure you if this didn't involve fi at all you would have never even cared enough to make this post..

God fucking bless lmfao for someone who doesn't clan anymore you care wayyy to much about this, funny thing is aswell I can assure you if this didn't involve fi at all you would have never even cared enough to make this post..

4»15Thu4/15074:15304:1507 15AM4« * [Fi]Jamz is now known as Jamz

It is a generalised topic, not everything is about your clan silly so maybe you should give it a read! I'll forgive you for misunderstanding, you're probably still annoyed they didn't let you and your battlescape buddies have your time to shine vs TLP in f2p yesterday and opted to cancel the event completely.

8bb5cbdfe5.png

Screenie 2nd topic

4»15Thu4/15074:15304:1507 15AM4« * [Fi]Jamz is now known as Jamz[/size]

It is a generalised topic, not everything is about your clan silly so maybe you should give it a read! I'll forgive you for misunderstanding, you're probably still annoyed they didn't let you and your battlescape buddies have your time to shine vs TLP in f2p yesterday and opted to cancel the event completely.[/size]

What are you talking about? Can you stop being so biased plz? Ty

I understand that there will be a "bias" in regards to some things, however, it's called grow the fuck up and be fair.

If you can't moderate a forum, how the fuck are you supposed to do anything meaningful in life. brown sticky stuff if I was a mod, I would carrot all clans, including TLP. If you are lenient towards one person you will be lenient towards others. Either be a hard ass and do your job, or gtfo. Just my opinion.

What are you talking about? Can you stop being so biased plz? Ty

This is bringing awareness to how the site is being moderated, let the big boys talk on this topic and we'll let you leak your emotions out on the typically troll filled topics, alright? This topic was created for a mature discussion, not mediocre child's play!

This is bringing awareness to how the site is being moderated, let the big boys talk on this topic and we'll let you leak your emotions out on the typically troll filled topics, alright? This topic was created for a mature discussion, not mediocre child's play!

Dude it's like you don't even understand how bias you're being right now