Going back to basics + Temporary pardon

slushpuppy

JoJo, on 03 Mar 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:snapback.png

Plz just get rid of the 900 troll accounts on this website @slushpuppy , you're more than capable of comparing IP's and taking care of it. Don't let this site be turned into all troll accounts.

The number of troll accounts is hugely exaggerated

Maybe so but that doesn't negate the fact that there are still a few individuals in particular with literally 5+ troll accounts, i don't even need to name names. As i said, you are aware of this so if there isn't anything done thats just straight negligence when you're capable (Ip mathing) of at least trimming down some of the troll accs. That's all i ask. @@slushpuppy

..and what impact will this have on a community now known to be toxic. Staff above all are bias and immature, how can you expect members not to be alike. The only content getting passed around now revolves around toxicity. You're a bit too late to enforce this, maybe begin with your mediators and work your way up to having a healthier staff, then work on controlling community behaviour.

I'm trying to understand here who you think is biased and why?

You hate populism, yet you're putting out populist statements.

There have been multiple times when mediators favour and respond to their own clan members over others. Toxicity is pretty evident, I hope you can recognize that.

The number of troll accounts is hugely exaggerated

You are more than welcome to step up.

Just on the topic, I don't think there are that many troll accounts, and if people find that as banter they should go for it.

Unfortunately right now I'm really busy with university and am not that familiar with the rules, I can apply in a few weeks when everything calms down irl. Actually, I think I can manage, I'll apply.

he doesn't understand what he's talking about. he doesn't like people who support slaughter and dislike rage, and doesn't understand how the rules of the forum work - but can go around criticizing the mods on how biased they are.

He's a hypocrite & it's not worth even trying to strike up an intelligent conversation when he can go around saying "MODS ARE BIASED AHHHH" but then say, "I don't know the forum rules very well."

You literally just compared harmless forum trolls to terrorists.

Congratulations on reaching a new high, dude! lmao

You will get laughed at, don't bother.

His comparison was based on the idea of generalizing a small sample of people to the larger populace, or in this case the community. Its a current example thats very true for many countries/people right now.

To your reply for me, why?

he doesn't understand what he's talking about. he doesn't like people who support slaughter and dislike rage, and doesn't understand how the rules of the forum work - but can go around criticizing the mods on how biased they are.

He's a hypocrite & it's not worth even trying to strike up an intelligent conversation when he can go around saying "MODS ARE BIASED AHHHH" but then say, "I don't know the forum rules very well."

The case with us was one example. I've seen plently of mediators being bias in the HPC tier. Not everything is about Rage-Slaughter, not sure why you're randomly attacking me even though this thread has nothing to do with our rivarly.

Its not hypocrisy. You do not quote something that I never said. I said "am not that familiar with the rules", but I've had previous experience on other forums being a moderator/administrator. Not all communities have the same rules, thats what I meant, sorry I didn't express that in very clear and simple terms.

The case with us was one example. I've seen plently of mediators being bias in the HPC tier. Not everything is about Rage-Slaughter

The reason why majority of my promotions are based on HPC clans is because they are more stable and their members are more established and  better known in the pure community.

Majority of LPC/MPCs end up being those fly by night clans who change their names every other week or close after 1 month. there is absolutely no reason to base my promotion structure off them.

Besides, ultimately all clans should aspire to climb to the HPC tier rather than sitting around their LPC/MPC level pretending to be good.

The reason why majority of my promotions are based on HPC clans is because they are more stable and their members are more established and  better known in the pure community.

Besides, ultimately all clans should aspire to climb to the HPC tier rather than sitting around their LPC/MPC level pretending to be good.

Thats perfectly understandable, many of those clans have been open for a numerous amount of years.

They should aspire yes, but I'd prefer having all tiers active as much as possible. Thats why IMO if someone leaves a clan, they should join another instead of quitting clanning completely. Keeps clanning activity and action pretty high esp. for events like Red vs Blue.

There have been multiple times when mediators favour and respond to their own clan members over others. Toxicity is pretty evident, I hope you can recognize that.

Yup. One of the main thing I've been in favour of is telling moderators not to get involved with rule breaking or reports regarding their own clan. While there are moderators that can mediate fairly regardless of their clan of choice, most cannot and find it difficult not to let bias inflict their decision making.

I don't think people will realize e-mail addresses count as social media identities. There you have a hole already  :P

Can't help stupidity. 

@@slushpuppy i respect you alot and thanks for hosting sharkbrew n sht, its hilarious etc etc

but this site needs more rules and way more mod management, ur just turning this site into a complete brown sticky stuff fest that no1 takes serious anymore

If you are fine doing that because you wanna see 500+ accs online daily then go ahead, just think its not the right way

I agree that this website needs a more serious community and mods that actually do something about the retards who flame 24/7.

Nice update.

Finding that line between banter and just mindless flaming is difficult ^^, because at the end of the day a lot of people love to argue over cauliflower brown sticky stuff online, hence the existence of Sharkbrew. Hopefully with the new ruleset it'll allow us to get a more unbiased and fair moderation set in place that promotes more discussion and intelligent banter rather than "ur clan sucks u virgin".