Regarding tournament rules.

Fliby

First of all, I'd like to at least have a civil discussion on this thread, even though this will not happen and the fact that it says "keep it civil guys" under Clan Discussion, I can only hope for the best.

There have been many tournaments in the past where rules have been broken, in some of these situations the rules were broken but nothing had been done, some of the times action was taken, e.g.

• Fatality vs Eruption of Pures - 2016 JCup SemiFinals - There was proof EoP DDoSed 20+ Fatality member, yet EoP gets the win.
  • Fatality vs Final Ownage Elite - 2014 JCup Finals - Fatality lost in a 100v100, but got the win because FOE broke a rule (they had Mayhem Makers invites, therefore were disqualified because they broke the rules.)
  • AAO vs Olympus - 30v30 F2P Prep - AAO won 3-0, after the game, Olympus complained because we broke the rules, and the win got nulled. (Source: http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/20840-against-all-odds-vs-olympus-f2p-prep-3-035v35/)

Obviously there are many more situations where rules were broken and disqualifications may or may not have been applied, but I have to ask, aren't rules made to be followed?

Most of you guys already know why I posted this topic, AAO fought Imperial in the Sharkbrew Summer Cup's F2P 10v10 tournament, these are the rules for the SB Summer Cup.

CWNKqL1.png

If you look at the third rule, it specifically says "All clans must fight in their OWN TEAM CAPE".

Imperial did NOT bring a Team-Cape the entire 3 rounds, they brought a plain yellow cape.

They broke the rules, regardless of what your opinion is. 

Team-capes are made to identifty clans AND also to fight without using left-click options on.

With their yellow cape on we could not fight them with left-click options on aswell, but I digress.

I'm sure all of the ranks and most of the people on here can agree with me that rules are meant to be followed, and if they are broken, either there should be a rematch or a disqualification.

Rules were broken, neither happened.

(00:44:09) <Tyrone> as i said to andre either u rm them or they win
(00:44:17) <Fliby> We will rematch
(00:44:19) <Fliby> but Andre' is biased
(00:44:22) <Fliby> since he's in Imperial
(00:44:33) <Tyrone> ok well im saying u shud rm
(00:45:03) <Tyrone> literally none of u are in the right
(00:45:08) <Tyrone> so the best way to settle it is a rm

Even Tyrone agrees, rules were broken, but we lost 3-0. The best way to settle was a rematch. Guess what? Imperial just claimed the win and fought Critical Damage (because they were waiting after they won versus Apex.)

If the prep we won 3-0 vs Olympus got nulled because we broke a rule while they complained after they already lost all three rounds, why shouldn't this one? 

I'm not calling anyone out, and this is not me flaming any clan/person whatsoever, I'm just saying I don't think it's fair that rules were broken and that the proper measures weren't taken.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, please keep the flame to a minimum and give your opinion on these matters.

EDIT: For the people flaming saying the yellow cape is a team-cape, why did Imperial change capes from yellow to Team-16 cape for the fight versus CD?

EDIT #2 - Regarding the member not on the memberlist

If the rules were broken and it was clearly stated on the rules that any rule breaking was a disqualification, there should only be a disqualification. None of this "rematch or take the loss". Yet against this proves my point as to why sharkbrew are notorious for being too incompetent to get involved in the pure community with their events and systems.

Andre stated on his topic "Now, First off, The imperial kid that " wasn't " on the ML, never updated his RSN. If you look up the old NEW rsn of the acc, you'll see that his OLD rsn was the acc on the fourms. It's the same person regardless." 

If you check the memberlist I posted on this topic (http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/21113-aao-vs-imperial-imperial-broke-rules-disqualified/) "Top Baller" (= current name), "PinkySmallz" (= old name) or Smeq (= the guy that was playing the account) are all  not on the memberlist, so why is he arguing that the account in question was on the memberlist? (NOTE: After this topic, Imperial added the account to the memberlist.)

That and the fact he officially stated clans not in team-capes are going to be disqualified should be good enough, but since he's an Imperial member himself, he let them get away with it.

x9NwT05.png

On imperial site the team cape is team 16 so there for imperial should be DQ from the tournament therefore any clans using the silly yellow capes,red,blue.green,black AUTO DQ

Andre didn't even make the decision. Tyrone did, can't pull that card buddy
+ waste your time making a topic more l0l

Then your point is invalid because rules are rules, IT STATES, TEAM CAPES - NOT CAPE

On imperial site the team cape is team 16 so there for imperial should be DQ from the tournament therefore any clans using the silly yellow capes,red,blue.green,black AUTO DQ

Then your point is invalid because rules are rules, IT STATES, TEAM CAPES - NOT CAPE

You can left click even though we were using yellow capes. We've been using these capes for clan wars so what is the difference really?

YOUR TEAM CAPE IS 16... 

I help i got alzheimer&#39;s FOR JUST A CAPE. 

CLEARLY STATES 

"TEAM CAPE"

Didn't change the outcome.

Rules are rules... if this was NBA FINAL, OR SUPERBOWL, FA CUP.. OR THE OLYMPICS WITH THE CHEATING ATHLETES THEN 2PLACE PERSON WOULD BE AWARDED GOLD THERE FOR AAO WINS AGAIN

HERE A PICTURE OF YOUR TEAM CAPE IN CASE YOU FORGOT

X7rzRK2.png

Rules are rules... if this was NBA FINAL, OR SUPERBOWL, FA CUP.. OR THE OLYMPICS WITH THE CHEATING ATHLETES THEN 2PLACE PERSON WOULD BE AWARDED GOLD THERE FOR AAO WINS AGAIN

HERE A PICTURE OF YOUR TEAM CAPE IN CASE YOU FORGOT

X7rzRK2.png

Thing is with your analogy the cape doesn't affect our performance, or yours for that matter.

yellow cape in clan wars is the same as teamcape

X7rzRK2.png

HERE IS IMPERIAL TEAM CAPES = ALL CLANS MUST WEAR THERE OWN TEAM-CAPES

Thing is with your analogy the cape doesn't affect our performance, or yours for that matter.

We see you have a cape switch so auto win no need to try 

aao wins again

First of all, I'd like to at least have a civil discussion on this thread, even though this will not happen and the fact that it says "keep it civil guys" under Clan Discussion, I can only hope for the best.

There have been many tournaments in the past where rules have been broken, in some of these situations the rules were broken but nothing had been done, some of the times action was taken, e.g.

• Fatality vs Eruption of Pures - 2016 JCup SemiFinals - There was proof EoP DDoSed 20+ Fatality member, yet EoP gets the win.
  • Fatality vs Final Ownage Elite - 2014 JCup Finals - Fatality lost in a 100v100, but got the win because FOE broke a rule (they had Mayhem Makers invites, therefore were disqualified because they broke the rules.)
  • AAO vs Olympus - 30v30 F2P Prep - AAO won 3-0, after the game, Olympus complained because we broke the rules, and the win got nulled. (Source: http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/20840-against-all-odds-vs-olympus-f2p-prep-3-035v35/)

Obviously there are many more situations where rules were broken and disqualifications may or may not have been applied, but I have to ask, aren't rules made to be followed?

Most of you guys already know why I posted this topic, AAO fought Imperial in the Sharkbrew Summer Cup's F2P 10v10 tournament, these are the rules for the SB Summer Cup.

CWNKqL1.png

If you look at the third rule, it specifically says "All clans must fight in their OWN TEAM CAPE".

Imperial did NOT bring a Team-Cape the entire 3 rounds, they brought a plain yellow cape.

They broke the rules, regardless of what your opinion is. 

Team-capes are made to identifty clans AND also to fight without using left-click options on.

With their yellow cape on we could not fight them with left-click options on aswell, but I digress.

I'm sure all of the ranks and most of the people on here can agree with me that rules are meant to be followed, and if they are broken, either there should be a rematch or a disqualification.

Rules were broken, neither happened.

Even Tyrone agrees, rules were broken, but we lost 3-0. The best way to settle was a rematch. Guess what? Imperial just claimed the win and fought Critical Damage (because they were waiting after they won versus Apex.)

If the prep we won 3-0 vs Olympus got nulled because we broke a rule while they complained after they already lost all three rounds, why shouldn't this one? 

I'm not calling anyone out, and this is not me flaming any clan/person whatsoever, I'm just saying I don't think it's fair that rules were broken and that the proper measures weren't taken.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, please keep the flame to a minimum and give your opinion on these matters.

EDIT: For the people flaming saying the yellow cape is a team-cape, why did Imperial change capes from yellow to Team-16 cape for the fight versus CD?

If the rules were broken and it was clearly stated on the rules that any rule breaking was a disqualification, there should only be a disqualification. None of this "rematch or take the loss". Yet against this proves my point as to why sharkbrew are notorious for being too incompetent to get involved in the pure community with their events and systems.

Andre stated on his topic "Now, First off, The imperial kid that " wasn't " on the ML, never updated his RSN. If you look up the old NEW rsn of the acc, you'll see that his OLD rsn was the acc on the fourms. It's the same person regardless." 

If you check the memberlist I posted on this topic "Top Baller" (= current name), "PinkySmallz" (= old name) or Smeq (= the guy that was playing the account) are all not on the memberlist, so why is he arguing that the account in question was on the memberlist?

That and the fact he officially stated clans not in team-capes are going to be disqualified should be good enough, but since he's an Imperial member himself, he let them get away with it.