Pures and Runescape Activity

U mad tr0ll

Obviously with Foe Closing and Runescape not growing any sooner, I'd like to take the time to outline a few things iv'e seen and to express any ideas to make this better.

Obviously as Jagex doesn't really give three fucks about the game any more we won't be expecting major changes in the game much sooner. So i'd like to point out as to how pures got so active. 

I noticed looking  back at pure videos back in 2007-2010 EVERY Hpc clan had a famous person or a good pker who use to stream or vid. For instance, I noticed that back in 2008 Bonesaw Pk became really big and knowing he was a massive part of Foe he would always give them shout outs and introduce pures and advertise pures in his videos. Pk moderators was another big influence in Foe, Pk vids back then use to average Somewhat 100k-200k views. I saw on one of Pk moderators videos he had 700k. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Then you have others such as Mahatma and 13th ranger from MM, and i'm pretty sure it was T7emon arr0w from EoP. Bwuk im pb from Tlp, All of those guys would get lots of views and would advertise or stream their clans. Fatality had a few famous and good pkers, hence why all of these clans were so popular. Plus they were the early age pure clans. 

Another thing i'd like to mainly outline is activity from clans and what Jagex should do to make this game lively again. I know bringing F2P back would help so much but as you all know jagex are just stingy bastards. F2P would give people the choice to start new and FREE, give them the choice whether they would like to advance onto membership and thus forth. I cannot stress enough as to how important F2P is. People can form and make so many clans, F2P would have brown sticky stuff tone of pkers in it. And it would never die down. Whereas P2P is dying down as noticed, the two confounding father clans MM and Foe have closed..We can bring this back. I know we can. We need to make the community more lively again, more events, more action and fun, more competition. If we could advertise pure clanning more or try find a way to come up with some ideas to make this better. Write your idea on the bottom of this topic. No flame :)

That is all, thank you :) Sorry if it was way to long.

I agree. That was a big part to the growth of our community. But I believe jagex did release f2p for like a two week period. I dont know why they only did it for two weeks. Beats me. In my opinion they should've released it for a longer period of time. Cant just expect people to come back right away lol.

Anyways back to your comments about YouTube. Pretty soon here I think we should start planning some community events. Not just red vs blues...different brown sticky stuff. Community wide iron wars or snowball fights etc. I also think we could gain some youtube publicity if we really tried. Not just us producing youtube content and streams but reaching out to people with a history of rs gaming or people that have been in the community. This would have to be done by a convincing individual and I believe that part of it is already starting to take place.

But yeah you're spot on dude. Now would be an opportune time to do it.

Obviously with Foe Closing and Runescape not growing any sooner, I'd like to take the time to outline a few things iv'e seen and to express any ideas to make this better.

Obviously as Jagex doesn't really give three fucks about the game any more we won't be expecting major changes in the game much sooner. So i'd like to point out as to how pures got so active. 

I noticed looking  back at pure videos back in 2007-2010 EVERY Hpc clan had a famous person or a good pker who use to stream or vid. For instance, I noticed that back in 2008 Bonesaw Pk became really big and knowing he was a massive part of Foe he would always give them shout outs and introduce pures and advertise pures in his videos. Pk moderators was another big influence in Foe, Pk vids back then use to average Somewhat 100k-200k views. I saw on one of Pk moderators videos he had 700k. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Then you have others such as Mahatma and 13th ranger from MM, and i'm pretty sure it was T7emon arr0w from EoP. Bwuk im pb from Tlp, All of those guys would get lots of views and would advertise or stream their clans. Fatality had a few famous and good pkers, hence why all of these clans were so popular. Plus they were the early age pure clans. 

Another thing i'd like to mainly outline is activity from clans and what Jagex should do to make this game lively again. I know bringing F2P back would help so much but as you all know jagex are just stingy bastards. F2P would give people the choice to start new and FREE, give them the choice whether they would like to advance onto membership and thus forth. I cannot stress enough as to how important F2P is. People can form and make so many clans, F2P would have brown sticky stuff tone of pkers in it. And it would never die down. Whereas P2P is dying down as noticed, the two confounding father clans MM and Foe have closed..We can bring this back. I know we can. We need to make the community more lively again, more events, more action and fun, more competition. If we could advertise pure clanning more or try find a way to come up with some ideas to make this better. Write your idea on the bottom of this topic. No flame :)

That is all, thank you :) Sorry if it was way to long.

Originally there were PK'ers like Mahatma etc that made videos and them videos recruited new blood into the pure community. Its no coincidence that Mahatma was one of the first people who made pures "mainstream" and became popular, and MM ended up being the biggest clan in the history of the community. Taking lead from them guys, Hiei, Bonesaw and tonnes of other pures would make pk videos that had astronomical views on Youtube etc, and directly recruited people into the pure world.

However, simply watching the video and enjoying pures and even making a pure was only the first step. The real success was making these people join clans. Working well with that was the amount of low level clans that was around. Someone who watched the video and was introduced to the pure world for the first time obviously wouldn't have the stats to join MM/Foe/TLP so they'd join a low level clan, which in turn would introduce them to the pure community so potentially they could go on to different clans. Obviously, in my experience this hardly ever happened and the guy would end up sticking with the low level clan they joined as they grew, totally disregarding their initial desire of joining MM/FOE/TLP, at least till a later date.

The problem these days is that Mahatma, Hiei, Kids Ranqe etc were innovators and were doing different stuff in order to attract attention to them and their videos; the more time has progressed however the less innovation takes place and every pure video that comes out is just the same as the previous pure video. 

If someone can make their videos innovative or popular by some means, it'll definitely impact their clan positively though.

You get people into the community like it has always been done, you recruit your friends.

The pure scene is dying because there is no reason to make pures anymore, f2p pking is dead and with no f2p in the game it sucks, not to mention you have to pay to make a new account.

There is a future for the pure community but you need to let go of the dreams of it being huge like it once was, because it's just not going to happen. 

You get people into the community like it has always been done, you recruit your friends.

The pure scene is dying because there is no reason to make pures anymore, f2p pking is dead and with no f2p in the game it sucks, not to mention you have to pay to make a new account.

There is a future for the pure community but you need to let go of the dreams of it being huge like it once was, because it's just not going to happen. 

There are possibilities to make it the way it once was. If Jagex stops their bullbrown sticky stuff and actually fixes the game aka add in f2p things would progress, as for now Pure clanning pointless...Pures in 1v1 are still worth it though.