[EXPOSED] How much money is RSW making?

slushpuppy

Vote  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• $500-$1000
    • $1000-$2000
    • $3000++

I am learning a lot more advanced stuff at university than that lmfao.

I dont pay for that, why would you think that?

And I dont know what it has to do with putting you in your coffin for flaming my web app.

hey stfu nobody cares take that tree limb out your ass and eat my fucking ass

I am learning a lot more advanced stuff at university than that lmfao.

I dont pay for that, why would you think that?

And I dont know what it has to do with putting you in your coffin for flaming my web app.

Your lack of experience is telling.

When time comes to update the ladder, or for RSW to find a new sysadmin, they will need to find someone with duo competencies, which will mean double the costs.

Not withstanding the poor choice of using JSF in this instance, a cauliflower IDE that produces incorrect output, with almost total dependency on JSF/JFX's rigid MVC model that doesn't really emphasis the use of browser caching

It's just a matter of time when rsw admins realized you built a pretty brown sticky stuff foundation and it will only cost them alot more to rectify the mistakes.

But the combination of your pride, arrogance and stupidity will prevent you from seeing this I bet.

P.S. There are plenty of examples where using java in web dev in general will thrash PHP soundly, just not for a frigging clan ladder.

Your lack of experience is telling.

When time comes to update the ladder, or for RSW to find a new sysadmin, they will need to find someone with duo competencies, which will mean double the costs.

Not withstanding the poor choice of using JSF in this instance, a cauliflower IDE that produces incorrect output, with almost total dependency on JSF/JFX's rigid MVC model that doesn't really emphasis the use of browser caching

It's just a matter of time when rsw admins realized you built a pretty brown sticky stuff foundation and it will only cost them alot more to rectify the mistakes.

But the combination of your pride, arrogance and stupidity will prevent you from seeing this I bet.

P.S. There are plenty of examples where using java in web dev in general will thrash PHP soundly, just not for a frigging clan ladder.

:D :D :D

You are totally wrong. This isnt a memberlist, the server side of the ladder is a lot more complex than showing two numbers and three strings in a table. I want to see you make something like this in php with less effort. It was never intented to pass this to someone else in the rsw staff, not many people have an understanding of coding, but the code and architecture is clean, any real developer could maintain it.

Instead of trash talking me why dont you create a better clan ladder system?

This one seems to be broken:

Zffuffa.png

And this one looks like a joke:

qa0Ubf4.png

Isnt this something you have been working on for 4 years? I think you are mad that RSW has built a better system just in two months.  :)

You should take the loss and close this topic already, it is going nowhere.

:D :D :D

You are totally wrong. This isnt a memberlist, the server side of the ladder is a lot more complex than showing two numbers and three strings in a table. I want to see you make something like this in php with less effort. It was never intented to pass this to someone else in the rsw staff, not many people have an understanding of coding, but the code and architecture is clean, any real developer could maintain it.

Instead of trash talking me why dont you create a better clan ladder system?

This one seems to be broken:

Zffuffa.png

And this one looks like a joke:

qa0Ubf4.png

Isnt this something you have been working on for 4 years? I think you are mad that RSW has built a better system just in two months.  :)

You should take the loss and close this topic already, it is going nowhere.

My memberlist system is quite advanced actually, it even comes with its own memberlist screenshotting system(ty html5)

view-source:http://www.sharkbrew.com/runescape/index.php/memberlist?/93/Ruin&iframe=1&sharkbrew=1

Don't stress yourself out, you might not even understand some of the techniques I used :P

I don't boast about my UI. Besides, your UI made by that brown sticky stuffty IDE looks just as crap.

Oh I thought this was a debate on technical knowledge and prowess? You sure switched subject rather quickly after your premature proclamation of victory.

Also, are you seriously comparing a topic vs an application you developed? Running out of things to say aren't you?

Sharkbrew wins again.

My memberlist system is quite advanced actually, it even comes with its own memberlist screenshotting system(ty html5)

view-source:http://www.sharkbrew.com/runescape/index.php/memberlist?/93/Ruin&iframe=1&sharkbrew=1

Don't stress yourself out, you might not even understand some of the techniques I used :P

Yeah I have no idea what html5/javascript is. You know at uni they dont teach you one programming language, they give you an education that doesnt rely on programming languages. Maybe you should give it a try, might be not too late.

You are using a library (html2canvas) for that so I dont think its a big deal. I could probably write up something using that in 15 minutes without any stress.  B)

I don't boast about my UI. Besides, your UI made by that brown sticky stuffty IDE looks just as crap.

My UI is made by the base bootstrap and I customized it with css. IDEs have nothing to do with GUI. This is the point where you just proved again you still have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh I thought this was a debate on technical knowledge and prowess? You sure switched subject rather quickly after your premature proclamation of victory.

Also, are you seriously comparing a topic vs an application you developed? Running out of things to say aren't you?

Sharkbrew wins again.

Kinda funny you saying that now.

Look at the topic title, its about you flaming the RSW staff for putting up ads.

I posted about your business (ads + services) pointing out you are even more money hungry defending the RSW staff. 

Then you started aiming at me, first with my non-existent hacking.

Then you took a swing at my recently created wep application that you are so jealous of.

tN9Edlf.png

I made it for free because I am not all about the money and I didnt want to milk them for something that I care about too.

Then you just kept coming up with brown sticky stuffty arguments that all turned out to be wrong (except that one real bug that is my mistake and laziness).

I just pointed out that you should get off my web app and take a look at yours (since its not functional then the topic you keep updating) or make something like mine then you can talk.

I didnt run out of anything. I claimed a victory over our discussion about who is smarter, with those posts of yours I think I claimed a fair victory.

If you want to get back to the opening post discussion, I am happy to.

I gave you a wheelchair again for your effort.

Yeah I have no idea what html5/javascript is. You know at uni they dont teach you one programming language, they give you an education that doesnt rely on programming languages. Maybe you should give it a try, might be not too late.

Lets address the first few issues first:

I actually got a BSC in Computer Engineering, so not only I know the software, but the hardware that software runs on.

Maybe you should take up culture studies, then you don't end up looking like a complete prick to everyone you talk to.

You are using a library (html2canvas) for that so I dont think its a big deal. I could probably write up something using that in 15 minutes without any stress.  B)

My UI is made by the base bootstrap and I customized it with css. IDEs have nothing to do with GUI. This is the point where you just proved again you still have no idea what you are talking about.

There are some tricks to get it to work with pages with >100 tags, else the rendering takes literally forever.

If you want to play this game, I can say the same for your little exilent client, taking other people's work and re-badging it as your own.

So you are telling me that these non-mnemonic ids such as:

xTFAiz5.png

s1FJ8XO.png

are written by you, and not using some sort of form generation plugin in your IDE?

1. If you wrote templates yourself, then you are cauliflower fool for not taking advantage of the myriads of plugins that can do the job for you.
  2. If you used the plugins, then you are a dumbass for picking the wrong plugins that produces garbage results.
  3. You used a template off the internet, still saw the garbage HTML, went ahead with it, got exposed by slushpuppy, still vehemently deny any wrong doing, while lying about the origins of the code

Any choice makes you look like a fool, but please pick 1.

Also, Sharkbrew has never taken the moral high ground by saying we are a non profit site dedicated to the community, RSW did. Heck if I actually made money off this site, Sharkbrew would have a functioning front end completely with guides and calculators 2 years ago.

Lets address the first few issues first:

I actually got a BSC in Computer Engineering, so not only I know the software, but the hardware that software runs on.

Maybe you should take up culture studies, then you don't end up looking like a complete prick to everyone you talk to.

There are some tricks to get it to work with pages with >100 tags, else the rendering takes literally forever.

If you want to play this game, I can say the same for your little exilent client, taking other people's work and re-badging it as your own.

So you are telling me that these non-mnemonic ids such as:

xTFAiz5.png

s1FJ8XO.png

are written by you, and not using some sort of form generation plugin in your IDE?

1. If you wrote templates yourself, then you are cauliflower fool for not taking advantage of the myriads of plugins that can do the job for you.
  2. If you used the plugins, then you are a dumbass for picking the wrong plugins that produces garbage results.
  3. You used a template off the internet, still saw the garbage HTML, went ahead with it, got exposed by slushpuppy, still vehemently deny any wrong doing, while lying about the origins of the code

Any choice makes you look like a fool, but please pick 1.

Also, Sharkbrew has never taken the moral high ground by saying we are a non profit site dedicated to the community, RSW did. Heck if I actually made money off this site, Sharkbrew would have a functioning front end completely with guides and calculators 2 years ago.

First of all, you are pretty naive for someone having a degree in CS. Yes you have narrow mindset and thinking about perfection and wont believe in anything. You are lazy to investigate things before claiming cauliflower statements.

You started this attacking behaviour I just followed.

I dont care about using an external library, everyone does that, you would be cauliflower if you spent your time making a new one that does the same. My point was you flamed me that I would not understand that "high level things", then again I am the prick?

Just to prove you this whole xml declaration and id generation stuff:

http://i.imgur.com/Vu26L7d.png

This isnt a template that you can download from the internet, I think we arent thinking the same here. Tested it, using the h:head xml tags the output will have generated id. This tag is needed for using PrimeFaces. Personally I dont care about generated source code if it works correctly. If you do, dont use JSF/PrimeFaces in the future.

Are you still blaming me for using JSF, should I make a better/perfect java web development framework?

I am happy that you are back on topic. I am pretty sure RSW is still a non profit organization (if you can call it org). They just made it clear in a new topic that the ads will fund some tournaments, the money wont end up in Hormone/Kevin's pocket. But of course we cannot be sure about this yet.

First of all, you are pretty naive for someone having a degree in CS. Yes you have narrow mindset and thinking about perfection and wont believe in anything. You are lazy to investigate things before claiming cauliflower statements.

You started this attacking behaviour I just followed.

I dont care about using an external library, everyone does that, you would be cauliflower if you spent your time making a new one that does the same. My point was you flamed me that I would not understand that "high level things", then again I am the prick?

Just to prove you this whole xml declaration and id generation stuff:

http://i.imgur.com/Vu26L7d.png

This isnt a template that you can download from the internet, I think we arent thinking the same here. Tested it, using the h:head xml tags the output will have generated id. This tag is needed for using PrimeFaces. Personally I dont care about generated source code if it works correctly. If you do, dont use JSF/PrimeFaces in the future.

Are you still blaming me for using JSF, should I make a better/perfect java web development framework?

I am happy that you are back on topic. I am pretty sure RSW is still a non profit organization (if you can call it org). They just made it clear in a new topic that the ads will fund some tournaments, the money wont end up in Hormone/Kevin's pocket. But of course we cannot be sure about this yet.

You calling me naive? LMFAO.

Kid, have some respect for those who clearly out-class you in knowledge and experience. Blatantly disregarding standards is one way to get people killed in Engineering.

I am not referring about composite tags(? if that is what u call it), I am talking about those jit_XX ids i circled in the previous topic.

Yes, JSF is still a dumb as fuck choice for this particular instance.

Speaking about cauliflower statements, all this started because you said this:

You are also ripping of clans with the hosting asking double price of a vps server's fee just because they dont know these stuff.

Here is a price sheet of Layer 7 DDOS protection from cloudflare: https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/for you to eat your words.

They are only making their promise topic because sharkbrew called them out on it.

P.S. Computer Engineering is not Computer Science.

You calling me naive? LMFAO.

Kid, have some respect for those who clearly out-class you in knowledge and experience. Blatantly disregarding standards is one way to get people killed in Engineering.

I am not referring about composite tags(? if that is what u call it), I am talking about those jit_XX ids i circled in the previous topic.

Yes, JSF is still a dumb as fuck choice for this particular instance.

Speaking about cauliflower statements, all this started because you said this:

Here is a price sheet of Layer 7 DDOS protection from cloudflare: https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/for you to eat your words.

They are only making their promise topic because sharkbrew called them out on it.

P.S. Computer Engineering is not Computer Science.

Kid, somewhy I cannot see how you would out-class me in this. You are too stubborn to realize you are wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/YSFYy99.png

You are dodging me again. I didnt know about your own ddos filters before, you know that too, so this quote is irrelevant. I accepted that you charge these clans for that service.

I doubt they just changed their mind after you calling them out. :)

PS. I dont know exactly these english terms but I have CE too.

Kid, somewhy I cannot see how you would out-class me in this. You are too stubborn to realize you are wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/YSFYy99.png

You are dodging me again. I didnt know about your own ddos filters before, you know that too, so this quote is irrelevant. I accepted that you charge these clans for that service.

I doubt they just changed their mind after you calling them out. :)

PS. I dont know exactly these english terms but I have CE too.

Let me explain my problem with your rational here, if the ID(and name) attributes are generated after you deploy the app, how do you know where to reference the form elements before deployment?

Unless you use composite tag reference? Or is there some internal translation of the id and name which makes the whole thing far more convoluted than it already is.

If that is the case, how do you write browser side processing code such as javascript.

You misread my earlier post thinking I had a degree in CS.

Let me explain my problem with your rational here, if the ID(and name) attributes are generated after you deploy the app, how do you know where to reference the form elements before deployment?

Unless you use composite tag reference? Or is there some internal translation of the id and name which makes the whole thing far more convoluted than it already is.

If that is the case, how do you write browser side processing code such as javascript.

You misread my earlier post thinking I had a degree in CS.

You should discuss it with the developers of this framework if you think its a problem.

The point of using libraries like PrimeFaces is, you write a table in simple xml and it will generate you html and javascript with it. All the ajax actions for the paging are generated. This is the reason it generates IDs I do not know about. Did you really though this templating is just a simple xml->html convertsion? Like come on, there are things in the world that makes the development easier, you should look around and learn some new stuff instead of falling behind with coding php in notepad.

http://www.primefaces.org/showcase/ui/data/datatable/basic.xhtml

You should discuss it with the developers of this framework if you think its a problem.

The point of using libraries like PrimeFaces is, you write a table in simple xml and it will generate you html and javascript with it. All the ajax actions for the paging are generated. This is the reason it generates IDs I do not know about. Did you really though this templating is just a simple xml->html convertsion? Like come on, there are things in the world that makes the development easier, you should look around and learn some new stuff instead of falling behind with coding php in notepad.

http://www.primefaces.org/showcase/ui/data/datatable/basic.xhtml

So you don't see the fundamental problem of not being able to obtain the element ID on the javascript side?

Stick to making basic clan ladders, tyvm.

Also, speaking about making development easier, it took you almost 2 months to come up with something I can create in 2 hours using angularJS/PHP/Mysql.

Jeez.

Just like clanning, different community sites will entice different people for numerous reasons. Just accept it and move on, no point trying to put each other down. Focus on making your own website better and that'll in time either 'beat' the competition or grow both sites/the community. 

If another website is 'shady' let people learn that the hard way, don't try and educate them. You guys have kept this site relatively secure for however long and people acknowledge that - which is why you're still going. 

So you don't see the fundamental problem of not being able to obtain the element ID on the javascript side?

Stick to making basic clan ladders, tyvm.

Also, speaking about making development easier, it took you almost 2 months to come up with something I can create in 2 hours using angularJS/PHP/Mysql.

You can use component binding in JSF. You look pretty dumb arguing me over the framework that I didnt make.

tMAVbBv.png

If you call mine basic, then what do you call this?

QjcKw20.png

I would say garbage.

Who said it took me 2 months, where did you get that info? 

If you can come up with a better in 2 hours why didnt you do it in your 4 years? Are you that busy you dont have 2 hours for your beloved community?

Btw I am not a web developer, this is a whole new area to me. Funny to see someone flaming me who has been doing this for years and is still clueless.

You can close the topic when you are finished.

:)  :)  :)