Religion

Custom

If there was no religion the world would be a very fucked up place, fear would be all their was. Yes it is cauliflower that people kill for it and try to shove it down peoples throats, but it is necessary to have. I use to hate people who were religious and called them cauliflower..but in time you learn it is what keeps everyone sane.

Kill all terrorists. but on a serious note, Without religion this world would be better, sick of people thinking they're more superior than others because they are christian or muslim, you're the same thing...leave it at that. Religion is fucking cauliflower. If you're Christian, or Muslim, or Jewish, I feel sorry for you son, I got 99 problems but circumcision aint one

Sadly we can't become more intelligent with the anchor that Religion holds on our society. To some, there is no need to learn about what else is out there because "god" gives us all the answers. Sorry but I cannot believe we are the only planet out there like this, even if there is a "god" that created all of this. Plus the bible is a fairytale book

Religion as it stands is a cancer to mankind in terms of limiting progress and overall knowledge. When religion was originally established and used as the most basic form of governance and unity it was a boon to Man, because it got people to work together and begin to make changes that would "honor God" or more realistically just unify the people of the local inhabitants.

However, because business and government are more viable forms of population/society control these days, religion now is nothing more than a flashy distraction for people to ignore the true issues that are out there in the world. Because of its ability to be changed and re-written/revised as years go by, more and more new interpretations in different religions are created every 5-20 years, with these sects sometimes completely splitting off and calling themselves a "new" religion, but not really offering anything new to people that they haven't already been able to have by practicing previous religions.

If religions were more about spirituality and less about materialistic/law-teaching concepts I feel that they would have a better place in the world, because Mankind as a whole needs a better understanding of balance, Karma, peace, and morality, however religions these days do not focus on those concepts, but more rather the details that differentiate themselves from the others, so that they can receive donations and other forms of income to allow them to "preach" and "reach" more corners of the globe.

Speaking as an Agnostic Deist (I believe in God, but follow no book), I personally believe that you are honoring God just by your sheer existence, but particularly any time you progress yourself into a better station of life and turn around and do good deeds, whether it be for a significant other (intimate love) or for a group of strangers (social love). I do not try to be perfect by anybody's standards, not even my own, because if I have achieved perfection in this life I no longer have a reason to exist in this life. Mind you most people in the world are not introspective enough to develop any sort of morale code or read about different morale codes to develop their own philosophies, so in that I believe religion is good.... but it should never be used as a basis for law, government, social customs, or business.

Warhammer 40k did it right. Eradicate religion from the planet, and when people begin to worship any individual as a "Godlike being", put them to death for heresy if they refuse to at least restrain their belief, rather than attempt to spread it to everybody they lay eyes on.

Religion organisations are/was just another mechanic to control the masses.

I'd like to believe that there's something out there, but it's on the basis of a very basic premise of who made the first ever thing? Very childish argument but still one I can't get my head around.

If there was no religion the world would be a very fucked up place, fear would be all their was. Yes it is cauliflower that people kill for it and try to shove it down peoples throats, but it is necessary to have. I use to hate people who were religious and called them cauliflower..but in time you learn it is what keeps everyone sane.

If you need a book or the promise of eternal happiness to construct your moral guidelines then I worry about you

Religion was made because society needed rules, you can't have a successful future without rules. Bottom line, religion is full of brown sticky stuff but every story is just explaining the rights/wrongs in society. Basically a human handbook to civil life, besides rules never work unless you have something to fear for breaking the rule.