God fuck it why did I even bother?

Chesty Puller

Wadup Slush I know I'm your favorite person in the world and all but I was just wondering if you had any plans on combating the increasing amount of personal attacks and belittling this site advocates for.

It's hard to maintain any sort of positive conversations for the community on this website because of the constant belittling and personal attacks aimed at each other any time somebody brings up a good point on a topic (due to ingame competition and mad kids who just lost their little clan wars battle). Any new rules you planning to put into place and administering the necessary people the required positions to carry this out? We all know posts like "lol but you're a bundle of twigsgot irl so we're not going to listen to you" or "you're clan is brown sticky stuff so stop trying br0" or "my god this cunt doesn't agree with my viewpoint so I'm just going to point out his ego to try and discredit him". (note these are heavily simplified examples of what really goes on).

It's obvious to me that when these types of comments are allowed It's hard to keep the conversation relevant and moving somewhere. When these types of comments are allowed it also suggests to the new people in this community to do the same because it empowers them and gives them some sort of ego boost. It also decreases activity in-game when a clan challenges another clan on forums instead of the defending clan bucking up and taking the reasonable challenge (or admitting the other clan would smash them and ending the rivalry) without giving themselves the benefit of the doubt. They resort to belittling the clan and the poster, making up (dumb) excuses, and calling out grammatical errors in effect negating the challenge (apparently) and the rivalry never gets resolved except on the weekends where clans have the chance to avoid the other clan, bring mains, and have clans crash their fights resulting in both clans participating in unecessary crash wars that could be prevented. Let's attempt to make the competition a little bit more fair please? @@slushpuppy

Hey btw good job on getting rid of Babalanka, implementing systems to get rid of troll accounts, and trying to combat ddosing, but this is a bigger problem that can be easily handled. Isn't this worthy of adding to the conversation? Btw the fact that the button for the forums is a troll face is completely broccolied. Trolling by definition means to instigate an angered attack towards the troll. I mean is that really a feature that people should look forward to?

If you successfully stomp this problem away with the iron boot that is yours, I will stop hating you so much <3

You are an attention seeking moron, just gtfo, slushpuppy has a lot for this community, its just that you are to broccolied to see that. No one has been ddosed ny using these forums, slush even refused to give rd Ips because he didn't want to tarnished the name of this site, its in the eop leader boards lol

You are an attention seeking moron, just gtfo, slushpuppy has a lot for this community, its just that you are to broccolied to see that. No one has been ddosed ny using these forums, slush even refused to give rd Ips because he didn't want to tarnished the name of this site, its in the eop leader boards lol

BAHAHAHAHAHA! My point exactly fellas. Did I ever attack Slushpuppy with this post? And how are your statements remotely relevant to the topic? Please, reread the topic. BAHAHAHAHA!

LOL Thanks for the heads up!

Lol np. Forreal though you need to just get involved with a clan and have fun with friends, trying to be a knight in shining armor is just not gonna work out well for you on this site. Flaming around here is the "norm" so might wanna get used to it.

Lol np. Forreal though you need to just get involved with a clan and have fun with friends, trying to be a knight in shining armor is just not gonna work out well for you on this site. Flaming around here is the "norm" so might wanna get used to it.

No time. I like my armor anyways; it makes my ass look tight.

@@Chesty Puller You have some extremely valid points and It's been a very difficult struggle to try and maintain this website since I was offered the Mediator role. I really want to go around warning everyone for flaming and such, but when the entire community finds flaming each other to this extent acceptable I'm not entirely sure I have much of an option. I can't warn the entire community, so I need to find a medium in which the community at least agrees 'too far'. When insults start getting personal, the account will be warned. If the entire purpose of an account is to start bullbrown sticky stuff and drama then they will be handled with appropriately.

We also have some plans in the near future to improve any clan-related forums which should improve the quality of posts and limit the impact of trolls and flamers. We'll see...

@@Chesty Puller You have some extremely valid points and It's been a very difficult struggle to try and maintain this website since I was offered the Mediator role. I really want to go around warning everyone for flaming and such, but when the entire community finds flaming each other to this extent acceptable I'm not entirely sure I have much of an option. I can't warn the entire community, so I need to find a medium in which the community at least agrees 'too far'. When insults start getting personal, the account will be warned. If the entire purpose of an account is to start bullbrown sticky stuff and drama then they will be handled with appropriately.

We also have some plans in the near future to improve any clan-related forums which should improve the quality of posts and limit the impact of trolls and flamers. We'll see...

Well I'm sure there are plenty of serious people out there willing to mediate. Alot of retired people frequent this site as well so that would remove most any bias and each mediator can keep each other in check. But you're right. I understand it is a hard job to do but letting people know the stance that sharkbrew takes on this will at least help to reduce it instead of Sharkbrew being known to approve such behavior.

Well I'm sure there are plenty of serious people out there willing to mediate. Alot of retired people frequent this site as well so that would remove most any bias and each mediator can keep each other in check. But you're right. I understand it is a hard job to do but letting people know the stance that sharkbrew takes on this will at least help to reduce it instead of Sharkbrew being known to approve such behavior.

Well hopefully we can bring on a few new faces who can remain as non-bias as possible. There are a few semi-active old school people around who would be suitable and it would be favourable to bring them on at some point.

We can't make changes to the behaviour of the community overnight, however with a bit of effort from some of the more influential members of the community we can change that. It won't be easy, but I'm at least willing to try.

the flaming will never end tbh this whole pure community is a bunch of people who take a game way to seriously and believe that if they succeed in this game then they win at life. Everyone resorts to ddosing as soon as they lose instead of learning from the loss they ddoss then try to be the first person to post a topic about how they won just take the fucking loss and move on no clan will go 100-0 losses happen. In my opinion there is no helping this community but maybe something or someone will come along and change it but i doubt it.   

Did you actually call somebody a broccoli? L0L

1. It's obvious to me that when these types of comments are allowed It's hard to keep the conversation relevant and moving somewhere.
    • Nope. Last time I checked, those comments are still being moderated for. Considering we only have a 5 man rank team, some of these comments may be missed, hence you are encouraged to use the report button. I checked and realized that you made 0 reports. NATO(no action talk only).

congrats on learning to use paragraphs

1. It's obvious to me that when these types of comments are allowed It's hard to keep the conversation relevant and moving somewhere.
    • Nope. Last time I checked, those comments are still being moderated for. Considering we only have a 5 man rank team, some of these comments may be missed, hence you are encouraged to use the report button. I checked and realized that you made 0 reports. NATO(no action talk only).

congrats on learning to use paragraphs

"administering the necessary people the required positions to carry this out". Should learn how to read the paragraphs I just learned how to write. And as far as I'm concerned and wardy's concerned (YOUR MEDIATOR), these comments aren't being moderated. The only ones that are being moderated are "lol you're fat irl mate *insert irl pic here*."

"God fuck it why did I even bother?"

Predicted you would come up with some sort of excuse then go ahead and attempt to attack me. Even if your current rules were greatly enforced it still wouldn't solve 99% of the problems I state. If you cant handle mediating a small portion of the community then why should we trust you in hosting the forums?